Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 159 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 157 158 159 160 161 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:56 PM | Locked

Debbie and Penny, I'm in awe of the work you both did for your friend. She will just love it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 721
Points 18,125
Brigit-Carol replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:13 AM | Locked

Both Mistral and the "mother's quilt" are fantastic.  I haven't exactly been working on a quilt lately as I'm getting Christmas presents assembled.  Am practicing FMQ a couple of times a day and turning the results into "interesting" mug rugs.  Some of pieced, but most are just odds and ends of fabric I've had laying around.  If I get enough done I will give them out to my Bible study group.  If not, they will go into my "to be given later" box.  I do need to finish up MQ7 and another MQ from the Quilting Board.  Actually, what I really need to do is declare a three day quilting marathon to get the ever increasing UFOs tackled.  Maybe the time between Christmas and New Years will be good for that.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:18 AM | Locked

Belfrybat, I just finished quilting a quilt for a friend. Now I have to pack up and clean (sob, sigh, groan) my sewing room so that DS1 has a bed to sleep in... When I looked ISP yesterday, really looked, I thought that Moccha and Koffy must have gone in and messed it up real bad, because there is no way I could be this messy...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:01 AM | Locked

The brain builder baby quilt is delivered to Proud Gramma To Be. She liked it a lot. Shower in January, the New One to arrive in March.

Link to front is here: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/media/p/476459.aspx

Here's the folded over view to show penguin flannel back, as specified by PGTB. Everybody happy happy happy about it.

I don't have time to go around and tell everyone their stuff is great, being afflicted with work, but I do peek when I can, and all y'alls stuff is great.  Somebody has to do this stuff you know, or it woudn't get done, and we are the Ones Who.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,578
Points 51,700
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:05 AM | Locked

Great finish to the baby quilt,  Joe.   It is so nice that family member donated pieces of fabric.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

Yesterday, I worked on a christmas jelly roll ( Moda) quilt all day.  Where you sew the ends together in rows, and not letting seams meet. Now that it's together I do not like it.  But I will put it away today, and continue to work on my BOM quilt.

Great quilt Joe!  Did you do the embroidery work on the front top block, or is that part of the fabric?  At any rate, it's cute!!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

I'm finishing red mq7 today unless DH informs me that we have to go out.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:43 PM | Locked

Everyone has been so busy!  Love seeing all the wonderful projects coming together. 

Rachel-your Mom will need tissues when she sees her quilt! It will be a treasure for her.

Debbie and Penny-What more can be said about Mistral...just amazing and beautiful!

Thea-hope all your MR pieces are coming together. It will be so pretty!

Linda-so glad to hear you are making something special for yourself. You deserve it! You make so many wonderful things for others.

Brigit-Carol--Hope you find hours and hours of uninterrupted sewing time!  (That would be nice for all of us!)

Angele- any chance you could just put DS1 in a sleeping bag on the floor? It would save a lot of time clearing the bed.

Joe- love the baby quilt!  

Sure hope everyone is getting lots of sewing time, and a peaceful holiday time.

I've been working hard the last several days getting a lap quilt together. It is one of two that need to ship by the end of the year. The Alzheimer's research project I donate lap quilts to is starting a special research group in 2013. It is directed toward Vietnam Vets that had traumatic head injuries, or suffer PTSD, and how those things do, or don't, relate to Alzheimers. They requested red/white/blue colors, and 'male appropriate' patterns.  I signed up to do two lap quilts for this special group. Those Vietnam Vets are near and dear to my heart.

I finally got the second top finished tonight!  Yipee! And will start sandwiching it tomorrow so I can get on to quilting on it.  I call it 'Stars', and was inspired by a pattern I saw on the FluffySheepQuilting blog called Stargazing. It required a few changes to make it fit the size I needed, and I still like her quilt better than mine, but Stars will do in a pinch.  

Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday season...lots of smiles, peaceful time, and joy in your hearts.

Max

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:47 PM | Locked

Love your star quilt Max, great colors.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:18 PM | Locked

Max, Stars is wonderful!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,392
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:05 AM | Locked

Rachel Young:
I've just finished the top of my mother's Christmas present and will be sending it off to my first-ever long arm quilter to complete on Monday.

Very cool Rachel. She will love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,392
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:09 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
I call it 'Stars', and was inspired by a pattern I saw on the FluffySheepQuilting blog called Stargazing.

I like it Max. Nice work as usual.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 18,175
weezee56 replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:36 AM | Locked

I have been sewing most the day. I'm working on a quilt for my oldest DD. It's dark purple, light purple, and black. The pattern is snail trail. Each block has 5 dk purple, 5 lt purple, and 10 black. The whole quilt will have 30 blocks. I have 60 more black pieces left to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:24 AM | Locked

Max great idea about the sleeping bag...lol, but I think that after about 800 miles, he does deserve a good bed.

joe, I. Love your baby quilt. The penguins on the back are adorable! 

Max your vet quilt is amazing.  It is true the the Vietnam vets are usually left behind as if they never were there.  Sadly, they were and too many still suffer from it.  Your quilt will surely bring joy and comfort to someone.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:01 AM | Locked

Joe, great baby quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Page 159 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 157 158 159 160 161 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use