Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 83 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:11 AM | Locked

Marie

Congratulations on your win.  Have fun with your new book.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:19 AM | Locked

I think I have a handle on the bi-polar schitzophrinic canine.  Jenni was doing great with her training and we've been more lenient about letting her out of the fenced half of the yard, since she hangs around out back and stays out of mischief. But this past week she's back to all of her old tricks and hard-headed as hades! DD took her for her walkies last night and was stopped by our neighbor who bragged that he's "been working with her"   *Cripes...* The guy offered to train her for us when we first got her but I don't care one whit for his methods (he believes in "forcing an animal to his will" and uses intimidation to get them to do his bidding.) We politely thanked him but said no. Well, he has a sweet dog that Jenni adores, and he's figured out that if he puts her out when Jenn takes the kids to get on the school bus in the AM, she'll stop for a visit on the way home.  That explains why, when I call her after the kids leave, she doesn't come. He has her penned in his yard. It also explains why she now cowers and runs at the first sign of frustration in her people.   ...SO, the question is, How do I tactfully tell this arrigant buttinski to mind his own dog and leave ours alone???  Its such a small town that I may need his help sometime and I'd like to stay in his good graces, altho, truthfully I don't care for the man.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:31 AM | Locked

Leslie :
I love this site, but I have about reached my limit with the problems it has been having.   Some days it will work just fine then the next you can't get on and if you do it takes forever to load the threads hard to get into the groups, it is really starting to get on my last nerve. 

Leslie, I agree with you - This is getting on my last nerve also.  I had a little time to get online yesterday afternoon. checked out a few posts, went back to check a few other emails, then couldn't get back on site the rest of the night.  I finally have an old deck swing frame set up to hang the wheelchair quilts for photographing and planned to do it yesterday, but after finding the site was down again, I gave up on taking pictures.  I was tired from sitting in the truck all day being "rolling and BOUNCING secretary" because of the rough roads so I just gave up on that project.  I have 12 quilts that need their pictures taken before I take the first 20 to the nursing home.  Today it is TRYING to rain - not really picture taking weather.  At least I finished quilting one of the MQ 5's that I am donating to grandson's senior class for an auction.  Got the binding ready to put on also.  I'll take picture of this one also then post them in my gallery.  Tomorrow is supposed to be partly sunny and I should be home all day but plans do change!!  Maybe I can get the camera out then.  Hopefully the site will allow me to post the pictures, if I get them. 

Back again - called away to find "things" and answer the phone!  Made hamburgers for a fast choke-n-run dinner before returning to post this.  Hope it works!  Have a good day.  Still gloomy here. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:34 AM | Locked

CC let him know that you'd like the dog to listen to you and so you're doing the training.  If she is trained by someone else, she may not listen to you as well.  You would rather be in charge of your dog.  If all else fails, tell him just the way to you told us.  You didn't ask for his help.  If I saw someone interacting with my dog in a way I didn't care for, I wouldn't think twice about how I was going to say what was on my mind.  My dog. MINE MINE MINE.  Glad to hear she's doing good.  Hopefully when the weather turns colder, she won't be as apt to stay out and away.  You could also have the kids work this weekend with training her to "Go Home".

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:54 AM | Locked

It looks like it took me 2 hours from when I started the last post to when I posted it.  Luckily I missed the ...S...L...O...W... time and the site didn't completely shut down and erase my post-in-progress as it usually does!  I just read 3 more pages posted after I started to reply to Leslie and the constant down times here.  I went to find a piece of fabric "quickly" and ended up moving 8 paint cans out of my "sewing room/storage area".  Maybe I will eventually get that tiny space cleared out and set up for it's original purpose.  It will be better than the middle of the kitchen, but will have to use kitchen table for any large cutting.  Right now that is a folding table with a piece of old paneling topped with a large cutting mat - no real kitchen table yet.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:57 AM | Locked

Gotcha, Ginny, guess I was zoning out when I read the post.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,419
Points 243,307
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

What am I up too???  Oh, I am getting so excited... I leave Monday for the retreat in Iowa - and am I ready to get out of town... that is a resounding YES!!!  I don't have everything packed yet but am close...teehee... Got the chicken and ground beef out of the freezer today to thaw, plus the cheese... they are all thawing and waiting for tongiht when I turn them into lasagna and chicken cheesy enchiladas... then they will go into the freezer to wait for Monday to be put in that cooler that I bought today - along with the waffles, omelets, french toast, pancakes and sausage cheese, egg stuff that I bought from Schwann's for our breakfasts while we are there... all frozen so they - hopefully will stay frozen on the trip - lol - I have bottles of water frozen ready to put in and bags of that icey stuff... 

then I have 3 bags of fabrics and projects over there - still need to pack up the rulers and cutting boards and ready them - the iron is in the box and hopefully my ironing board will go in with no problem.  My suitcase is ready - my toiletries case is partially packed with my traveling shampoos and things like that... Oh my... I plugged in that traveling cell phone to charge it up and make sure I had time on it... plugged in the GPS unit with Barbara's address programmed in... My Pfaff is packed - My Janome is sitting there waiting its turn - lol - told it was not leaving it behind... lol - the cameras are charged and the computer is charging... not sure if I will bring the 15" laptop or the net book... what else do I need to do that I am forgetting...

Got out the rest of my harvest and fall decorations and put them out about the house - so we are almost ready for fall - have to climb the ladder and get down my fall quilts... I might have DH do that tonight - I felt like I was getting vertigo when I got the halloween quilt down yesterday - so might be safer to ask him... 

Oh yes - I got the car serviced today so she is all ready for the road trip - cleaned her out - still have to take the vacuum out but she isn't that dirty inside and the rain did a good job on the outside but she will go through the car wash later today...teehee - I did take the steam cleaner out there and do the seats...

I am so so so excited to be on the road soon!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,419
Points 243,307
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:14 PM | Locked

chocake2:
How do I tactfully tell this arrigant buttinski to mind his own dog and leave ours alone???

CC Idon't think I could be tactful if I saw someone making my dog cower - my dog is mine and no one elses and she listens to me and only me and my DH - I would tell him that he could be confusing her and that he should just leave her alone!  That those are your wishes - maybe thank him for his consideration but that you have the situation well in hand - and try to keep the dog away from his area if at all possible.  My dogs are allowed out in our back fenced in yard and when they go out front they are only allowed on the porch - I say PORCH and both go to the porch and stay there until I take them back in the house - or I will tell Abby to help me get the Mail and she walks down to the mail box with me - but that is the only place they are allowed... 

I am not sure if I could be polite if my neighbor across the street said anything to my dog... he has a shepherd that is 6 months younger then our Abby and his dog cowers when he comes around - the tail goes down and between her legs... now back when I was learning to train shepherds for guard dogs my trainer talked to me about shepherds and to give them all the respect I could - to make them understand what they are supposed to do - but not to make them cower - shepherds have great memories and one day for all the beatings the dog gets across the street that neighbor is going to pay - and then it will be sad but the city will put the dog to sleep - not the dog's fault at all - just giving back what it got... 

Stay calm - don't raise your voice but make it known what is good and what is not... your dog should only learn from you!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

Here I go again. First is the mantel headboard and second is the kitchen spoon valence. Was my very own idea!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:08 PM | Locked

Sukochi

Your headboard is very pretty.  What a great idea.  Love the "spoon rest".

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:10 PM | Locked

I am finishing my packing and getting ready to leave for Washington.  By this time tomorrow I will almost be in Spokane.  Woo Hoo...I can hardly wait.  Look our Leavenworth here we come.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

Sukochi, love the headboard and the spoon valance

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,573
Points 47,375
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

Clever girl, Sukochi!  That valance is too cute!!  And what a great idea for a headboard!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:58 PM | Locked

Sukochi, beautiful headboard and I love the color of your walls!  Pillow shams and quilt are quite pretty as well.   How clever you are with the wooden spoon valance, I love it.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 4:32 PM | Locked

Love the head board and that valance is just too cute, Sukochi!!

'Just heard that the gentleman we bought the house from had a stroke and is in ICU. Your prayers would be appreciated, I'm sure.

DH and the boys went out and repaired the gate that was torn out when we had the septic tank replaced last fall. We hadn't worried about it because it was  only deviding the 2 halves of the fenced yard...but now Jenni is going over the low spot in the back, so that circumstance has changed. I've been bugging himself to do it since ..forever...so I could turn the chickens out to peck without having to chase them off the patio. His idea of fixing it was to use bailing wire to re-hang the gate but  at least he did something. The hens immedately headed for the hole they have in the fence so they can get to the front yard, but DS1 wired it shut. His Daddy woulda been content to chuck a hunk of firewood in the hole and call it good enough.  Anyway, I have high hopes that the roving dog problem is fixed. If she's penned in, the neighbor won't be able to "Help" without coming to the door to get her. (One of the other neighbors says he calls her over. I'm not sure it's true, but it may well be). 'Hope it works....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 83 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use