Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 74 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,452
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:12 PM | Locked

Agnes:

Thea:
so funny to see him repeat things that I told him growing up that he frowned and whined about... 

Only one of my sons has a child but I hear a lot of things that sound so much like me talking to the kids. They even tell me they are glad I was tough with them. Thea, I know there is a division of labor or give and take necessary in all situations. You were the best judge to decide the best way to handle the situation. It sure sounds like his company pushes the law just to the point of snapping. 

Oh Agnes, they do - the push and because of the economy and fear of layoffs - they can fire and hire new anytime they want - they are like I said the best paying in the area so everyone wants to get a job there - so the pool for people is always filled up and people are waiting - it is just hard and to watch him work week after week like this - if they even gave them one Saturday a month off the guys would feel so much better.

They recently changed the rules having to do with Holidays...  they didn't tell anyone till they asked for time off this past Labor day - the rule used to be you had to work the day before or the day after to get holiday pay - they changed it to you had to work both to get holiday pay and if you wanted vacation then you had to put in for it at least 1 month in advance...

We had the kidz coming for Labor day and they were only going to be here fri/sat/sun - so Jay asked for leave on Friday to get Saturday off - Monday was the holiday - he was told he had to work Saturday - well Saturday was the overtime day - but he would not get paid overtime for it - and so he said no - but since we didn't know the new rule - which is posted on the bulletin board under a bunch of papers and not in his folder about the rules here at home - he not only got pointed for not working that Saturday after taking a vacation day on Friday - which was unheard of and unfair - he didn't get paid for Monday at all - we were upset as we do live paycheck to paycheck and are budgeted on his 40 hour paycheck - not the overtime which was lost - but the fact that workers that had been working there for over 5 years and Jay has been there 8 - were not told of the change to the rules... just that this was posted - and yes it was but no one had been briefed on it at all... Jay wasn't the only one that had problems with this...

But what do you do - the way the job market is - you can't give up good paying jobs even if they are no fun to work at jobs... I told him - 2 more years and we move to MN where he will find a new job... but I also know it is no fun anymore for him and he used to love to go to work - but after the layoff and the company being bought by this bigger company it has been a no fun job..

I keep telling him there is a light at the end of the tunnel - and I hope we make it to that point...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:51 PM | Locked

Thea, that is just not fair. I bet though, if he went to some govt agency and they investigated, Jay would be the one to lose his job. This world is just not fair anymore. I hope in two years, thinging aren't even worse then they are now in this country. However, I sure don't hold out much hope.

On a happier note, here is the new kitchen table. I have found chairs I like, but are using the  ones I already have until I can get back down to where I saw the ones I want.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,901
Points 69,305
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Gini, sorry to hear about your grandson. Here's hoping that all went well with him. And that you were not hauled off for unauthorized use of scissors.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
On a happier note, here is the new kitchen table.

Sukochi, I LOVE your plank table!!!  Is that just two planks, or is it three?   I know what....you can give me that for being your exercise coach...LOL!  (I'm really just kidding.)  But it is gorgeous, and I love, love, love it!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:17 PM | Locked

Prayers going your way Gini. This is both for your grandson and for you to stay calm, stay sane even though you may want to shake or sit on some people, you really can't do it.  But I'm in your corner.  It's me in your ear saying...don't do it...it's not worth it...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:17 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

...that and teaching the cat new cuss words.

ROFLOL

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:19 PM | Locked

Gini, hope all is going well at Childrens with your DGS and the in-laws.  So sorry the little one needs to go through something like that.  And, I guess I better say I'm sorry you need to deal with the in-laws too...be careful what you say and do!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:19 PM | Locked

Sukochi, your home (and driveway) is gorgeous!  You've worked very hard on it this year and it loooooks Mahvelous!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:36 PM | Locked

Donna B:
Is that just two planks, or is it three

Donna, funny, I just posted this pic on a PM to you.  I forget that you are HERE too. : )  It is a three board top. The legs and apron are old peeling paint. We love it, too. My kitchen is just what I want nowEr...wait. I need new dishes to go with this table. Not sure what I want but will find it.

Gini, prayers and love headed your way. Keep your cool and just focus on that sweet boy.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

Gini,

i hope all goes well with your grandson   

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:04 PM | Locked

Hubby and I went for a little drive today -- the first date we've had in, gosh, I don't know how long! was nice to just spend time together. While we were out we saw a little bare behind I just had to share...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:04 PM | Locked

Oh Wait..That should say "Little Bear's behind"...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:13 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Oh Wait..That should say "Little Bear's behind"...

I would love to see a bear. We have only seen one, in the 9 years we have lived in the mountains. And, there have been a few in our neighbor's yard. But, we dont' see them. Rats.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,901
Points 69,305
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

Cute Bear CC, your bare behind thing reminded me of the punch line of an old joke. The new Mother says her baby was born with a deer face and a bear behind.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:20 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good wishes.   Little Matthew sailed through his 4 1/2 hour surgery, 45 minutes at the tail end was to repair a botched circumcision.  They thought if his surgery went well, they would go ahead and repair that as well.   The in laws still have all their parts, even though I had to sit through 6 hours of farting noises from the dad.   Grrrr....   He ripped a real one just as the surgeon walked around the corner to give us the scoop on Matthew.   Hw actually embarrassed himself, who'd a thunk?

Patti, he had a congenital malformation of the plumbing exiting the kidney.   He started complaining about his tummy hurting a few months ago.  Then one night he told his dad, his tummy hurt real bad and he needed to go to the hospital.   He just turned 4 this week.    That kidney was twice the normal size and only has 20% function.   They cut out the bad part of the tube, reconnected it and put a shunt over it.   They will go bAck and remove the shunt in a month

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Page 74 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use