Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 71 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

Everyone sounds like they had a busy weekend.  I did too!  Saturday we took 3 of the grandsons to a local carnival....$150 and 5 hours later we finally got home.  I've decided I've gotten to old to do this, but at least they didn't request that I go on any of the rides with them...but the darn carnival didn't have any benches or anything for all of us poor grandparents to sit and rest on and it was over 90 degrees and no shade either.

Sunday we took the same 3 grandsons to the Sr. Pro Rodeo, where the youngest (and only one under the required 60 pound limit) entered the Mutton Bustin' event.  This was his second year in this event, last year he took 2nd place, but this year he became the Grand Champion Mutton Buster, scoring the highest of any of the kids in the 2-day event.  I'm posting a picture of the proud little cowboy with his championship belt buckle that's almost as heavy as he is...solid bronze with silver and gold inlays/plating and real turquoise stones. 

I haven't gotten any sewing done for almost a week now.  Like the crazy person I am, I bought 3 lugs of strawberries and went and picked plums and apples that a man was giving away if you just picked them.  So all I've been doing is canning, canning, canning and I am a tired grandma today.  Still have a laundry room full of pears and our spare fridge in the garage is full of plums and strawberries, so I guess I'd better get back to work on them.  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:44 PM | Locked

Agnes, I'm glad you have good friends in your complex.  My friend and walking partner lost her DH after a mean battle with melanoma, which was internal (inside sinus cavities, jawbone) and even though some days are hard, F knows that he wants her to live and be happy. So one day, sometimes one hour at a time.  Having friends to help get over the sad moments is a gift. You are strong and I'm sure your DH will give you a nudge if you sit and are sad too long.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

Sukochi, great pumpkins! And yes give yourself a nice pat on the back for having walked twice around the picnic area.  Every step is a bonus.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Thea, you get wife of the year. I'd have told him what he could do with that uniform if he didn't wash it himself.  You deserve a nice dinner cooked my someone else. Oh, how is your Mom doing?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:54 PM | Locked

Karla, what a cutie he is, congratulate him from your QCA family.  Have him click on the frog.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:15 PM | Locked

Marie, here's a helping hand to get you off the floor.  So are you ready to sew?

Karla, congratulation to the mutton buster of the year! He looks like a mighty proud cowboy!

Gini and CC, I love hearing about your adventures. My sons are all grown up and far from us.  No grands in sight, so I enjoy other people grands when I can.  I even miss out on great nephews and nieces as most are about 5000km away and I only get to see them once a year :-(

Tonight I hope to make some embroidery as I am too tired to go downstairs and sew. 

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:21 PM | Locked

Angele:
Marie, here's a helping hand to get you off the floor.  So are you ready to sew?

Thanks Angele for the helping hand but not ready to sew tonight or tomorrow because of other commitments but will sure try on Wednesday.  Good to know I can count on my quilt-y family to help out.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Angele:

Thanks Angele for the helping hand but not ready to sew tonight or tomorrow because of other commitments but will sure try on Wednesday.  Good to know I can count on my quilt-y family to help out.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:33 PM | Locked

Of course I had to click on the icon......I'm just a kid at heart anyway!

Nice of you to send the little guy a pat on the back!

Karla, give him a high 5 for me.   Job well done!

Caryl in Buda TX

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:38 PM | Locked

Karla, what a cutie, congrats to him

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:39 PM | Locked

Sorry Marie, I got a bad cramp in my leg about the time I swung it back to kick LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:41 PM | Locked

God is great! Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me.. Yesterday my knees were not weak and no pain in neither hip. Needed no cane all day!

hospital called today... They approved my petition for CHarity for my medical bils. I can now call dr and radiology to see if they would also honor it. Lady said she feels they will.  My depression has already lifted and I did not even realize it was that much of the problem. 

Maddie is going with her dad to homeschool program. With Rock City Ruby Falls. I am so happy he suggested his sole participation for both of them and my gosh I get a day of, won't know what to do!,,

thanks  for all your prayers, may all of you share in good things!,

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:03 PM | Locked

karla, what a cutie.  tell him congratulations for me.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:04 PM | Locked

nan, i'm glad things are looking up for you

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:12 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

As I got a new camera, I thought I would show y'all a few sights around Ellijay, Ga. So here the pictures are.

Caught Sprout and i at our finest, I see...  LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 71 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use