Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 7 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:06 PM | Locked

Barbara:

I can honestly say ,Thea's Cats love her ,I have seen them surround her when she is sitting in her recliner and they will take any spot they can find to be next to her. It is amazing to see. Barbara

They know I am the one that gives them the treats....teehee  But I love them and the thing that amazes me about my cats is they all know their names and they come when they are called... something I never thought a cat did - thought they were just aloof.    I have one - Tito who gives me kisses when I ask him... Kizmet - I had taught him just like my Dog to come - stay - and sit and shake paw - won a lot of bets in Japan from people as they just didn't believe me when I told them...teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,548
Points 51,295
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:07 PM | Locked

I hope the steroids work in your case, Nana.  I have had success with steroids but in different areas.  It usually can help for quite a while.  Good luck!   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:22 PM | Locked

I am resting this evening - one last day to go tomorrow and tons still to do - have to do shopping in the morning - and then home to steam clean the pool room wood floors and polish them - then steam clean the back living room floor and do both bathrooms.

We got the tent up tonight and it is airing out - all 3 of the air mattresses are set up and in place - I washed all the new sheets for the beds - where did all my sheets go - teehee... Got the pillow cover on the couch/bed and it all inside and set up as a couch - just in case is too hot in the tent over the weekend... The gazebo is set up and I just need to set a table up in there with the kids new toys from Grandma - a place they will be safe for the kids to play... 

Pool needs to be vacuumed tomorrow and the hot tub is a nice 99 so that Cassie can get in it as being pregnant if I hadn't reduced the temperature she would not have been able to enjoy...

So I am almost there... I raked tons of leaves up today in the side yard and did so much work I think I will sleep well here shortly as my eyes are closing... One last load to go in the dryer and then off to the bed I will go... 

Jay has to finish cleaning out the pantry - he pulled all the stuff out looking for something and now needs to put it all back - told him it is not on my list to do so he better!!!...lol

Am I excited!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:25 PM | Locked

i hope the steroids work for you nana.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:39 PM | Locked

Angele:
A hundred pound plus collie named Koffy, and a ten pound cat named .  We don't travel without them...even chose our vehicle so that they had room to stretch.

Angele, really, your cat happily rides in the car?  We have to tranquilize ours even to get her to the vet.  I know Kris (in Maine) says that her cat travels well, too.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:05 PM | Locked

Thea

I too take mobic but I take mine everyday.  Boyo the stomach likes that so of course I throw in the prilosec for the stomach.  I have some exercises but they haven't helped much.  Been doing those for a while now.  And of course the worse numbness is in the dominate hand so I drop stuff all the time...bah humbug.  Getting old isn't for wimps.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 8:01 AM | Locked

Maggie, there is a new Fabric for Life contest but I can't find a link on the site.  The only way I have gotten to it so far is when I come to the QCA site to sign in & I get a pop-up box to click on to enter. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 8:09 AM | Locked

Nana:

Thea

I too take mobic but I take mine everyday.  Boyo the stomach likes that so of course I throw in the prilosec for the stomach.  I have some exercises but they haven't helped much.  Been doing those for a while now.  And of course the worse numbness is in the dominate hand so I drop stuff all the time...bah humbug.  Getting old isn't for wimps.

Nana - I had one doctor tell me to take it all the time and then I think around 3 others tell me to take it only when needed the most as it is one of those drugs that your body gets used to so after a while the body just absorbs it - I do know that when I do take it it seems as though the inflammations go down faster then when I was on it every day.  It is a bad one for the stomach - I do agree there - always take it after a meal.

It is funny it is your dominant hand - mine is my left hand that numbs up - not my dominant - when the right hand starts going numb I am in bad shape... right now am using a gel each morning and today am going to have to find where I put my wrist brace - with the raking I have done a job to my hands - oh well - life goes on but for the moment am using the gel called Elemis Instant refreshing gel - they gave it to my on the cruise for my back and neck - it has mentholatum in it so it freezes the area and then starts to heat up and works so nicely - a topical one while the meds then get a chance to get in there and do their jobs... 

My hands look so old today - I am telling them to plump up - teehee... and then didn't take my rings off this morning  - hand too swollen so have gel stuff all over the rings - argh - one more thing to clean...

1 more day!!! tomorrow at this time my kidz should be here  - whoo hooo - I have to go shopping this morning and then do the steam cleaning - then I am taking the rest of the day off - lol - I hope I get done before midnight so I can take some time off... 

first the hot tub here shortly to warm up all the muscles - and then off I go to the store... 

I am not looking forward to anything today so it might take me a while to get moving - for the moment have to go plug in this lap top forgot to do it last night when i went to bed....argh!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:43 AM | Locked

GOT IT!!! The link to the FABRIC FOR LIFE SWEEPSTAKES.

Open this and then save it.  You can go right back to it to enter every day.

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/YourSubmission.aspx?contestid=65982

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

You are so good - awesome job!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

So, result of CT Chest. Small scarring on lungs. Could have been from Pneumonia. Question is when did I have that?  I am, again, left without an answer for this cough. The effect on my voice is that it sounds very hoarse and goes in and out. When ever I go to talk to anyone I start coughing. I have used all the cough meds available on the shelf and prescription ones. I have seen a pulmonologist who said Asthma. but Inhalers make cough worse.  One positive is that we got a air purifier yesterday. Made a huge difference in the air in the bedroom. I still coughed but not quite as much. I get no support from Jim. He has harped on my because I sit and use this computer. and get on exercise. Since we got this driveway in, I have started walking up and down three times a day. I am kicking it up as I can. Yet, when I told him my test result all he said was "You need to increase your lung capacity".  I am waiting for positive reinforcement.  I told him I could go out and jog down the big hill in our neighborhood but an ambulance would need to meet me at the bottom. You can't just get out and walk 3 miles a day when you have asthma. I am doing what I can. If this is not enough, it means I am not good enough...still!! This hurts so bad.

Sorry to harp on this. Off of my soap box.  I can only do what I can do. It will increase as I go. Or, so it is said by my sister who runs Triathlons three times during the summer. She is the only one who will cheer me on. Well, my older sister will, too. She walks three miles a day. I am just not good enough.

Oh, our one of our cats just brought a dead baby bunny to the front door. It breaks my heart every time she does this. Unfortunately, she is a great hunter. I just wish she would kill disgusting creatures.

I think I will go pull weeds. Have a great day. Praying for rain for y'all in the dry areas.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:45 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Since we got this driveway in, I have started walking up and down three times a day. I am kicking it up as I can. Yet, when I told him my test result all he said was "You need to increase your lung capacity".  I am waiting for positive reinforcement.  I told him I could go out and jog down the big hill in our neighborhood but an ambulance would need to meet me at the bottom. You can't just get out and walk 3 miles a day when you have asthma. I am doing what I can. If this is not enough, it means I am not good enough...still!! This hurts so bad.

Sukochi, I lead an exercise group for seniors just like you!  Our rule is start out slow and work up!!!  They are usually asking for more before we let them...lol!  Your driveway walks are a perfect start:  for 30 days, walk up and down three separate times, for example morning, afternoon, evening.  Do NOT do more than one trip at a time.  After the 30 day period, IF you are not fatigued after each trip - try doing two trips in the morning and one in the afternoon OR evening...but still no more than 3 trips a day.  See how that feels...  you should initially be more tired after the morning double lap trip but by the end of the second 30 days it will be easier for you.

I think there are other things with lung capacity and strength I could help you with remotely if you want.  Why don't you friend me and we can talk via pm's.  I am volunteering to be your QCA Exercise Coach...LOL!

p.s.  You ARE good enough!!!  And you CAN do this!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Sorry to harp on this. Off of my soap box.  I can only do what I can do
Sukochi - we can only do what we can and not much more...I try so hard to exercise and get in shape but with all my problems it becomes a serious issue - can't walk as I get these stupid stress fractures in my feet - they are no fun - then the boot goes on for 6 months - so my docs tell me I am not allowed to walk farther then my mail box...teehee.... I still try and that is all we can do - you are doing fine - nothing to worry about.

Me - oh my - I want to whine - lol - last day before the kids arrive and so much still to do - and my steam mop for my hardwood floors quit on me - it worked fine right before Barbara came and turned it on and it said - Nope not doing it... so have to get down now and scrub and wax the floor - or go and buy another steam mop - I am leaning towards the latter...

I did get the kitchen and hallway floors done - the dishes all done and am now waiting for the floor to dry so I can go in and get rid of all the left over dishes out of the refrigerator so I can make some salads later today for this weekend...

The store shortly - have to get paper plates and plastic silverware as I do not want to be doing dishes this weekend... 

Then have to go out to the tent and put the newly washed brand new sheets on the beds for the grands and the kidz... After that - finish up washing the quits and the rugs for the outside chairs...and I will be almost done...

Last but definitely not the least on my list is some home baked cookies...

Can I get some help from all of you - I live in OK - do you think you could run over and help me with some of this...teehee.... 

DH has to clean the pool tonight and work some more with his new toy with those branches that keep falling off the trees... he is taking tomorrow off from work... yippeee!!!

one more day - and I am just so excited - now to get dressed... forgot to do that got so excited this morning...

And the hands are hurting - but who cares!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:39 AM | Locked

Thea, keep in mind that this is FAMILY. They are coming to see y'all  and not bringing a white glove! I don't think they will get down on the floor and check for cleanliness. The grands couldn't care less and I am sure your kids won't care either. The room the adults stay in will probably be as big a mess as kids rooms within 12 hours of arrival. BUT, the cookies are a great idea.  I advise rest for you until they arrive. You don't want to be down because of terrible pain while they are there.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:41 AM | Locked

Thea

You sound so excited.  I am so happy that your kids and grands are coming for a visit.  I know that you will be on cloud nine.   And I also know that they won't notice if your floors have been scrubbed today or not...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Page 7 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use