Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 69 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

lizbonner:
I am fairly new to quilting but have accepted a job making a queen size quilt for my doctor's children. I have done much research attempting what size to make this monster.

Liz, did you see the replies over in your other discussion thread?  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/35902.aspx

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 11:29 PM | Locked

geez, i'm gone  a day and i have pages and pages to catch up on.  sukochi, your lake and pumpkins are cool.

sam and i decided at the last minute to join our kids camping.   wil turned 10 on saturday and all his friends' parents were too busy to bring their kids to a camp out.  so gramma and grampa to the rescue as fill-ins.   we left our picnic at the golf club early, threw sleeping bags in the boat and off we flew.   in the meantime, wendy had called a few more of wil's friends and by the time we got there,  there were 7 kids running around the woods,   they had all been swimming, yes our lake is still warm enough for swimming, that's unheard of in september.    it was 10 year old heaven, a rocky mountain to climb a canoe and kayak to play in, sleeping in tents.  the only downfal was the hornets nest,  5 of the 7 kids stumbled into the nest on the trail from the cars and got stung. some multiple times.  we got there after all the hoopla and crying was mostly over.  it made for a memorable birthday.   

sam and i slept on the boat,   that was interesting.  we were moored offshore and, in the dark, i had to pull the boat to shore, step into the water, wade to shore, and hike up a hill, to go to the bathroom.  that plan  lasted long enough for me to get in the water.   i decided a quick skinny dip made much more sense.  

then the wind came up, then the sprinkles, a tarping frenzy ensued,  then the giggles.  tons of fun.

i even got sam in the canoe for a short trip around the headwall this morning to check on the kids, who were imitating mountain goats.   princess got herself on top of a rocky ridge and couldn't get down.  she's scared of heights, and  why she didn't remember that on her way up the hill is a mystery.  her daddy had to rescue her, then chase the rest of the mountain goats off the cliff.  on the way home we saw three mule deer and two bald eagles, to end up a pretty darned nice weekend.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 12:08 AM | Locked

Gini, I love reading about your adventures.  You lead a fun and full life.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 12:59 AM | Locked

thank you debbie, yes we do have a full life.   that comes from having kids and a DH who  are anything but boring, and who can't sit still for an instant without playing uproar.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 1:13 AM | Locked

our daughter had an apple pie party for princess and her friends.   DD conned the neighbor into letting DD and kids pick the apples.  who in their right mind lets 8 kids climb their tree without worrying about law suits?   DSIL tried to get wil to go on the sailboat with him,  normally wil loves to go sailing.   he told his dad, " Dad we're climbing apple trees tomorrow', in a tone that indicated that dear Dad might be slightly daft.   miss climbing trees for sailing, duh.

now, picture seven, 8-year-old girls, and one excited 10-y-o boy, ( he just got to climb a tree for an hour, showing off his manly skills to the girls), in your kitchen peeling and coring apples, making dough, and whipping up pies.  my eyes were crossing just thinking about it.   they made pies, not only for each of the girls, but for all the relatives on their county road.  that would be 6 extras.   i'm sure wendy needed to clean out the kitchen with the garden hose afterwards.   princess never has to worry about girls coming to her parties, they're way too much fun.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:25 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Ironically, in his case, the cancer wasn't so bad - but the post op infection nearly did him in!

It warms my heart to hear a good cancer story. Sprout has to be all the more dear to you, even though no doubt a surprise of the largest magnitude.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:33 AM | Locked

Gini--I just love to read all the different adventures that happen in your life. That apple pie party sounds like fun for the kids. Not so sure about Mom.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

Gini, it sounds as if you had one great weekend. I can't wait my for DD and SIL and 2 GS move back home. They have been gone for 5 years but will be back for good in December. My other DD lives in Perth and won't be back for 2 years. At least she and her fiancé will be married in San Diego and settle down here. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Gini - You have way too much fun sometimes! There are times when I wish my family (which is pretty big given that Mom & Dad were both born into double digit sibling families) were closer. We all live so far apart and lead such totally different types of lifestyles that it's almost impossible for everyone to get together. We even stopped trying to do family reunions! Other times, I'm kind of glad we're not all in each others laps.

Agnes - Hope you're beginning to find your feet again.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Gini

Sounds like a fun weekend.  I love sleeping on a boat.  It is like being gently rocked to sleep only lasts all night.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:59 AM | Locked

Gini...will you adopt me???

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

Agnes:
Sprout has to be all the more dear to you, even though no doubt a surprise of the largest magnitude

Oh yes. He's a treasure!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:14 AM | Locked

CC and Gini,I don't know who has the better storeis ,Yours are both so good . Keep 'em coming LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Barbara:

CC and Gini,I don't know who has the better storeis , 

That would be Gini.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Barbara:

CC and Gini,I don't know who has the better storeis , 

That would be Gini.

no that would be CC, and i want to be adopted by you.  you get more snow in you neck of the woods

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 69 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use