Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 6 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

Ramona - he was gorgeous.  I have one kitty of those colors - she will be 19 on the 22 of September - we brought her back from Japan with us - I named her Star Baby because when she was born she had those perfect points that tabbys have around the eyes but in her case they made stars - so pretty...

Your Rocky is adorable adn I am sure you are sad not to have him with you anymore but the memories are fantastic - 

I didn't use to be a cat person till I married my husband - had thought they were lazy good for nothing - but since i have owned so many now I know that each one has a separate personality and not a one of mine could be called lazy - although the girls are better mousers then any of the boys...

And I have tons of great memories and good stories that we tell about them - thank you for sharing your Rocky's picture.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:01 PM | Locked

Thea:

Ramona - he was gorgeous.  I have one kitty of those colors - she will be 19 on the 22 of September - we brought her back from Japan with us - I named her Star Baby because when she was born she had those perfect points that tabbys have around the eyes but in her case they made stars - so pretty...

Your Rocky is adorable adn I am sure you are sad not to have him with you anymore but the memories are fantastic - 

I didn't use to be a cat person till I married my husband - had thought they were lazy good for nothing - but since i have owned so many now I know that each one has a separate personality and not a one of mine could be called lazy - although the girls are better mousers then any of the boys...

And I have tons of great memories and good stories that we tell about them - thank you for sharing your Rocky's picture.

Thea, i did not even like cats until I married my husband and moved to Maine while he was in the Navy. When I saw this 7 week old gray kitten with blue eyes, I fell in love and she was my companion while he was away. Watched over my babies when they came along and learned to hear for me when i suddenly lost my hearing when she was  just a young cat. She traveled all over the country with us and we were blessed to have her for 18 years. I had to eat a thousand words because when someone would tell me they slept with their cat I was agast. So what do you think I did, slept with my cat.  Now we have Dachshunds which we never thought we would have. Oh, how we love our fur babies !!!      Susan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:36 PM | Locked

Susan I would be lost without my Angel , she is my love and joy,she is always at myside. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Susan :
hea, i did not even like cats until I married my husband and moved to Maine
Susan isn't that funny - my DH got a blue tip siamese kitten for us when we were first married - now my big white german shepherd couldn't stand it and I would say Get the Kitty and she would till one day that kitty was a full grown huge tom cat and sunk all his claws on all his feet in to her back - she had to roll over 4 times to get him off - then they skirted each other for years - but actually when no one was looking were great pals... 

He was huge though and I have never seen one his size since - we think it was the dog milk he drank - he was 3 weeks old when we got him and brought my dog to nurse - scared me as she had never even had pups - but the vet assured me it was possible and just to separate them - so we always said he got so big because of that - His name was Kizmet and I don't have any digital pictures of him - it was before the digital age...  He did sleep right on the bed with us - now I only allow China in the bedroom - I can't have them all sleeping on me and they do when the door gets left open  - they smother me and I can't move...teehee... it is nice when you are chilly though to have a cat blanket and when you are sick or sad they take good care of you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:48 PM | Locked

I can honestly say ,Thea's Cats love her ,I have seen them surround her when she is sitting in her recliner and they will take any spot they can find to be next to her. It is amazing to see. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:35 PM | Locked

Actually, I loved other people's critters, but really didn't want. any in my house. So what do we have? A hundred pound plus collie named Koffy, and a ten pound cat named .  We don't travel without them...even chose our vehicle so that they had room to stretch...lol

That's what happens when children leave, you need to share your love with more people or critters...lol gotta love them

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

Angele,ain't that the way it goes we find ways to see that our pet are comfotable ..LOL You see where mine is . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:17 PM | Locked

Gini

Great pic.  I see an awful lot of her Mom in Wendy.  Beautiful girls.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

I have been having problems with numbness in my hands...especially the right hand.  Went to the Dr today and had c spine films.  Well the news wasn't real good but really wasn't unexpected.  The spaces between the vertebra in my neck from C4 thru C7 have compressed to about half their size.  This of course puts compression on the nerve roots as they come off the spine.   Right now we are trying a heavy dose of steroids to decrease the inflammation.  Hopefully this will help with the numbness.   Of course it won't do anything for the real problem but I am not interested in surgery yet.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:45 PM | Locked

Nana,I hope the meds work . I'll keep you in my prayers.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:47 PM | Locked

Thanks Barbara

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:58 PM | Locked

Barbara:
everyone need their private time

What is this of which you speak? I am un-familure with "private time". Is it soemthing along the lines of "expendable income."??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:02 PM | Locked

Nana - know exactly where you are at.  There are some exercises that you can do with a thingie over the top of the door to your room - you stretch your arms out and back and it helps with the compression of the discs in your neck - I think I would ask your Dr for a referral to PT and although for the first couple weeks to a month you will do what I do and call it Pain and Torture instead of Physical Therapy - but it does help if you can keep with it - I kept a copy over the years of all the exercises they have given me for my neck and my frozen shoulder syndrome that affects me when the bursitis or arthritis or RA kicks in... 

I take Mobic for my anti-inflammatory but not on a daily basis - only when the pain bothers me so much that I have to do something or just scream.  I, like you do not want to have a surgery on my neck until they tell me there is no other answer.  I wish you the best - it is no fun - but if you can get that inflammation down it is doable 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:03 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Barbara:
everyone need their private time

What is this of which you speak? I am un-familure with "private time". Is it soemthing along the lines of "expendable income."??

CC it is that time you get once in a blue moon....teehee... someday you will get it but not for at least 18 years.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:05 PM | Locked

.CC  you may be the exception to the rule , with new baby and all . of course you do have a sitter you can use ,, well maybe we can squeeze you in  alittle private time ..  LOL . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 6 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use