Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 373 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 371 372 373 374 375 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

Barbara:
here is a picture of what Thea and I worked on this weekend ,Now all I have to do is quilt them .

Yeah that's all you have to do. You do make it look easy.

My hat's off to you. I know they'll be beautiful. You have a good friend in Thea.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:20 PM | Locked

Barbara that was a lot of quilts!  Have you received valentine fabric?

My day started horrible Credit card company said there was a charge on it that wasn't ours I thank the lord they declined the charge but I had to inform DH and that is always stressful for me.

I talked with my Niece she said she didn't think she would be as sore as she is but she has alot of support its only the old fogies like I call myself who has little support for medical procedures.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:20 PM | Locked

Had a great day today. Had a quiz this AM that I aced. Tonight (I'll be off in about 15 minutes) I reward myself with sewing. I'm quilting one of my UFOs and want to be done by week's end.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:29 PM | Locked

Kris:
Had a quiz this AM that I aced.

Good job, Kris!  Enjoy your sewing reward.

Joni, I checked out Debbie's link, and the Alaskan quilt shop does offer some unique designs!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:36 PM | Locked

Everything but fabric was more expensive in hawaii. I got batiks at Walmart for $5/yd and Hawaiian prints for $3.99-$4.99/yd. yes I went to a very expensive quilt store that really sold exclusively Hawaiian quilts for $$$$, and a traditional quilt store who had prices like i was used to in a traditional quilt store here. ..$10- $15/yd. i took photos but it does not due justice for thevdepth of the colors but i will try to figure out how to post them tomorrow. Everything i bought was quilt quality.

Nan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:25 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

I especially like the Barbara Lavallee collection.  It was a fun store to poke around in and it says on the web site they've moved so maybe there's even MORE than when I was there a couple of years ago!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:40 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Good job, Kris!  Enjoy your sewing reward.

Thanks Nancy.

MNnancy:
I checked out Debbie's link, and the Alaskan quilt shop does offer some unique designs!

I love "The Glaciers".

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:56 PM | Locked

Is ,yeah its a lot of quilts . Sorry to hear you got hacked ,Happen to me a couple of weeks ago thank goodness the bank caught it . No reason to get stress you didn't make it ,so the bank should reimburse you for the money .and if hubby gets ticked at you I'd give him a piece of my mind for sure.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:56 PM | Locked

Kris ,good job on the quiz.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:19 AM | Locked

WOOHOO Kris, WTG

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:57 AM | Locked

Barbara:

here is a picture of what Thea and I worked on this weekend ,Now all I have to do is quilt them . We got pretty good at getting them sandwiched by the time we got finished ,we could have done a assembly line . but sure wouldn't want to do that all day, poor old arms and shoulders were wron out . Barbara

You two were busy. How many quilts are there? We'll know where to find Barbara the rest of the winter.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:57 AM | Locked

Barbara:

here is a picture of what Thea and I worked on this weekend ,Now all I have to do is quilt them . We got pretty good at getting them sandwiched by the time we got finished ,we could have done a assembly line . but sure wouldn't want to do that all day, poor old arms and shoulders were wron out . Barbara

You two were busy. How many quilts are there? We'll know where to find Barbara the rest of the winter.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:15 AM | Locked

A MOLE, not a mile, and on my stomach. Maybe it is cut out and not scrapers, I think it is probably cut out.. Yesterday, they could not get the site numb enough and I was jumping all over that table. They gave me 4 injections of Lidocaine, I think that's what they use, and still not numb. He said the word that most shuts down my heart, Melanoma! I pray this comes back clean. He siad he doesn' think it is an issue, as it was pre-cancerous. Jim said he got it all, not to worry. They will call with the biopsy results.

Today, dentist. Seems to be the week of pain for me. New dentist, too. Ours has gotten so expensive, we can't afford to go as often as we should. Our current dentisit chargse alomst $200. just to pull a tooth. And, that is not surgically. She wants to charge me over $2000.00 for a crown. Can't do that. I worked for a Dentist and know their mark up which is just ridiculous. Same for eye glasses. The makr those puppies up about 300%. Most times more then that.

I subscribe to Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine. I am just a primitive girl, so it is a good fit. I love me some Primitive Gatherings fabric. There is a quilt, in this Spring issue, that has such light, faded looking fabric, that the finished quilt looks 200 years old. I love it, Jim not so much. There is a wall hanging in there that he thinks would look great above the bed.

For anyone who works with wool, Buy 90-100% wool sweaters and wash in hot water and soap. Dry in the dryer for tight felted wool. Then, cut into 3 inch circles and you can make a felted wool wreath. Interesting.

Better get ready for the pain doctor, again.

Have a great day. Has been sunny and beautiful here for two days now. I am getting giddy!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:29 AM | Locked

Nancy a friend if mine did that glaciers one after their cruise.  It is an awesome quilt.  The colors wow!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:32 AM | Locked

Congratulations on acing the quiz Kris.  Hope you had fun sewing.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 373 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 371 372 373 374 375 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use