Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 364 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 362 363 364 365 366 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,392
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Is2116, router have nothing to do with the operation of printers. Router's are for your wireless connection.

Some printers are wireless and have to be connected to a network via a router.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

I bought a wireless printer and love it, but I wish I had bought the model that works with IPads instead of the cheapest model. Can't believe I want it to break down. lol

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:25 PM | Locked

Mine is supposed to work both ways, but I've never been able to get the wireless to work for any length of time. It will work for awhile then stop and has to be set up all over again. I'm so glad it actually hooks to the computer via a cable also.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:35 PM | Locked

Well I got new printer and I must've installed it right?  Its printing but I'm still wondering if I did it right with my luck I probably did it publicly.  

Lajuan sorry to hear about tooth and wishing you a lower estimate than what I've heard before of 2 grand.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

Today, I'm hanging out with my youngest GS, he goes to school on Tues and Thur and stays home with me the other days.  I hope to get the binding finished on one more quilt since I cannot sew on the machine yet.  

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and productive day.  BTW, have I just missed her posts or has CC been absent for a few days. Hope all is well with you CC! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

hi pinning lady, welcome to the group

patti, good luck with your surgery.  it's a surgery i have to look forward to in a few years.  i have 20/20 with my glasses but i can't read road signs.  the doc told me the cataracts were to blame, but they aren't bad enough to do surgery.  kinda wondering how bad my vision has to get before i need it. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

gini:
kinda wondering how bad my vision has to get before i need it. 

Pretty bad gini. My hubby was just about blind before they said it was bad enough to do the SX  But, he sure sees good now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

My printer is wireless. Will have to look as I don't recall pluging into the router. Must have done though. Makes sense.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

Sukochi, the wireless printers do not plug into the computer or the router, they get a wireless signal from the router. I'm supposed to be able to print on mine from my phone via bluetooth also, but never could get that  to work. I just gave up on the wireless printing all together :)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

gini:

...i have 20/20 with my glasses but i can't read road signs.  the doc told me the cataracts were to blame, but they aren't bad enough to do surgery.  kinda wondering how bad my vision has to get before i need it. 

Gini - That's the same thing the Opthamologist told me and I have the same problem reading the road signs. I had him write me a prescription for sunglasses, too and that does help with the road signs during the day but, if I wear my progressives at night when I drive, while I can read the signs, the oncoming headlights about blind me!

PinningLady - Welcome to the herd!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

Thaks, Spud, keeps me from having to get up out of my chair to go look!!

Gotta iron for tomorrrow and Friday. Have a good one. 8!}

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,580
Points 51,710
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:54 AM | Locked

Gee Whiz you gals sound just like me with your vision problems.  I, too, have prescription sunglasses to read the signs with, but my sunglasses are also polarized and I can wear them at night sometimes esp. if it is hazy or raining or foggy out.  The lenses really help seeing farther in those situations and more clearly.  Opthamologist told me the same thing.  They aren't bad enough yet.   Grrr   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

Still haven't decided how to quilt baby quilt there are so many designs.  

I'm running to post office to mail my swap.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:48 PM | Locked

Ladies I wish you all well with your sight operations ( husbands too!)

Yesterday I went with my DH to the South Coast of UK as he had a meeting and I am not back to work until tomorrow. We spent a night in a hotel ( not a great nights sleep or meal but hey we were together) he went to his meeting and I had a test drive in a new car. We went to a quilting warehouse we had found but didn't linger too long as it was freezing in there, I got a few bits to use for my Goddaughters quilt which is my next main project.

I would also like to say a huge thank you to Sukochi for the fabulous golf fabric that I received today. I need to think how I am going to use it but as soon as I have a plan I will let you though.

XX

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:14 PM | Locked

i'm here Spud...just lurking and not posting much. Between feeling run down (from this germ) and being behind on housework (from this germ), I'm falling behind here!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 364 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 362 363 364 365 366 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use