Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 360 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 358 359 360 361 362 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:58 AM | Locked

Elaine so glad you are ok. It could have been so nasty.

Have had quite a laid back day here a tiny dusting of snow when we woke up. Nothing to worry about yet! We visited the supermarket

read the Sunday papers and generally chilled I resisted the craft room as my back was very sore yesterday so decided to give it a rest today and start again tomorrow as I will be carless DH car going into garage for a service and he is taking mine. Good job I cleaned all the $%ap out on Friday!!

Snow is expected tomorrow but i am not holding my breath!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:30 PM | Locked

hi dustysmomma, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:31 PM | Locked

elaine, i'm glad you got home safe and sound. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:50 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Marge, on Little Mama's, go to the "designer" section on the left... click MODA and it's right at the top

For Quilted Posies, click "Tuxedo Collection" and it's at the top as well!  :o)

Dad gum Debbie --- I must have been blind.  :o(  I even was on that tuxedo page and totally missed the bunny.  Thanks!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

Wendy - I like that design you came up with.  Learning how to play with my EQ7 is on this year's to do list.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

Whew! Elaine I am sooooo glad that disaster was avoided for you.  Why do people think they can drive like the "normal fools" they are when the roads are bad? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Or, he could just be a idiot who doesn't know how to drive in snow.
I'll go with this one Sukochi.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:05 PM | Locked

Nice quiet day.  Good morning at church.  This afternoon David got up on the roofs of both houses and cleaned out the gutters.  Love having the trees for shade around the house but don't like their leaves in the gutters every fall.  I finished the Elm creek book that Dave brought home from the library for me.  First time I've read one and fortunately it just happened to be the first in the series.  Only "strenuous" activity today was walking the dogs.  :o)  My kind of a laid back Sunday. 

Tomorrow will be a work day and then I am off until Sat.  Fri and Sat is the winter retreat at the shop so I will get to see all the quilty friends I made before I started working for the shop and could go to the retreats.  I won't get to go to the Project Linus sew day on Sat. but will get together with Angie sometime this week or next and give her what i have sewn at home for her.  I am trying to talk Susan from the shop into going as she lives closer to the church where it is held than I do and has been talking about trying to find something like that to do.  She is a recent transplant from the Boston area.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:01 PM | Locked

Hi Gang,

Hope everyone is careful with the bad weather is so many parts of the country.  If you drive, drive extra slow and careful.  2 years ago, my BIL's brother and his wife were in Pa. during the winter driving when roads weren't nice.  He was driving too fast for the condition(family habit), and lost control in front of a big truck.  The truck hit them but they were at fault because they caused it.  They have a lien on their home and once they die, the truck company gets their house.  Was those extra minutes saved by speeding worth it??  I don't think so.  They were both hurt but survived.  

Huggs to All.    Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:04 PM | Locked

Marge, I have read the entire series of The Elm Creek Quilters. Loved every one of them. There is a new book by Jennifer Chiaverini coming out Jan.15. Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. This is not an Elm Creek series book. But, knowing her writing style, it will be awesome. Can you tell she is one of my fave authors?

Got some work done today on this little quilt I am making, for this, so special, miracle baby. Afton was born with a bad heart. Took Life Flight to Children's' Hospital in Atlanta. He had open heart surgery within one hour of his birth. He went through up's and down's that only with God's protection could he have survived.  His parent's never lost their faith. For four months this child fought the good fight and, by the grace of God, lived. His Mom wants to write the label in her own hand. But, it is gonna have to be a BIG label, She intends to put Psalms 139:13-16 on it. They are naming the quilt Heart of Life.  I have no clue what to tell her as far as size requirement of the label. Does anyone have a clue? I don't think it should be huge. I was thinking of making it a pocket for her to keep some of his milestone beads in. They give those when a very ill child in NICU meets a milestone in their recovery. Afton has 6 milestone necklaces.  That boy was not going out with out a fight.  And fight he did. This has been the best thing I have ever done. It has taken me 6 days, and it is not done yet. Just a 43" square quilt,, a wall hanging really, but a true gift from God. I am just His seamstress.  And, I could not be more thrilled that He picked me. 

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

Thank you Thea and everyone who responded with encouragement to my last post!  I actually have those responses saved on my iPad so I can refer back to them in trying times (because we all go through them!).  I am truly humbled and thankful for you all.

I have to brag a bit.  Saturday I had a melt down.  I have had a lot of STUFF building up in my house and it overwhelms me.  I couldn't handle it any more and melted down.  But after the melt down, I got up and started doing something about it.  I moved ALLLLLLL of my sewing room from the dining room area to my living room and my living room to my dining room.  I never realized just how MUCH fabric I have acquired over the last year and am now thankful that I have put a stop to buying it for the time being.  Seriously, it is a LOT because I buy mostly sale fabrics.  That is also overwhelming to me.

I didn't go to bed until 2 this morning. 

I still got up and went to church today...got there too late to go to first service and during second service I went to the Single Parent Class.  Talked to the pastors that are leading the class and the wife gave me her cell number.  Call her anytime I need anything.  <3

Then two of my friends from our small group called me "Hey, what are you doing?"  We meet them and end up hanging out.  They helped me do my laundry, clean my house, gave me a vacuum cleaner (I haven't vacuumed my house since I moved in August 2012...yeah, I know...)...and re-rearranged my new living room area.  Much better!  They just loved on me when I needed loved on the most.  

Small changes freak me out.  Now that I'm doing a couple of BIG changes...I'm nearly at breaking point.  I know God is only giving me so much because He wants to sharpen me and show me what my real boundaries are. 

Then the Nerf guns were brought out!  It's a darn good thing I have 3 of those things!  It was battle to end all battles!  In my clean home!!  God is so good.  After I get my new sewing area put together, I'll post pictures.

Love and hugs to you all.  Still reading along and praying for you all!

Brandy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 9:36 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Just a 43" square quilt,, a wall hanging really, but a true gift from God. I am just His seamstress.  And, I could not be more thrilled that He picked me. 

Sukochi - That is truly a special quilt you are working on!  I have no idea how big the label should be....maybe give her a fat quarter of muslin and an indelible pen and have her write it out and cut off what isn't needed?  But - wow!  You are blessed indeed my friend!  Praying for the finishing and presentation of the quilt!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:11 PM | Locked

DustysMomma:
Hi all! This is my first post! 

Welcome Momma,

you're just a busy bee. Your projects sound fun. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:17 PM | Locked

nantenn:
we leave mon evening and get home tues morning.

Have a safe flight back Nan.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:20 PM | Locked
Sukochi, What a blessing that quilt will be to Afton and his family. The pocket is a good idea. As he gets old enough he can look at his milestone beads and remember what a brave, determined boy he is. I don't know about the label. Will it be on the front? Could those verses be written or embroidered as part of the quilt border? I think that would be beautiful. Just a thought. I can only imagine your joy at being involved in something so special. You are special and God knows your heart. Kudos. Hugs and blessings, Donna in Oregon
Page 360 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 358 359 360 361 362 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use