Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 357 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 355 356 357 358 359 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:26 PM | Locked

chocake2:
2 hours later I had a high fever and everything else that goes with this germ. I was in bed by 7:30.

Feel better soon Chocake.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:22 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Leslie :

CC, feel better, soon I remember those days when i could barely lift my head, and had kids to take care of

Yep, fun times LOL

Tell me that joke again later, when I feel better.  I'm mostly upright today, altho still only running at 50%. Dang dog decided that naps were NOT on the agenda yesterday and barked her dang head off every single time I got Sprout to sleep. (She thought telling the wind to quit blowing was useful) Naturally, if Baby is awake, Mommy has to be, so...  It was a very long day.

We got that snow I asked you Pacific folks to send. It's drifted in front of the door so there's no going out today. Remember the picks I posted of our last storm back in Nov? It's the same thing all over again... With our winds we don't get pretty elf caps on the fence posts.  The drift by the picture window is close to 5'-6' high.  DH is takin' today off because he can't get out of the driveway. Frankly I am glad. Maybe today I can rest.  DD only has a half day of classes and the boys don't have  school today (Sporting events taking precidence over education) so they are home, warm and safe.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:32 AM | Locked

CC, maybe with all home, you can go back to bed and get some rest. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

I awoke to a very dary, dreary day. Sure wish the word "dreary" would switch to "sunny" soon. This is terrible. Can't recall when it didn't rain. IN the 50's again when I got up. That is a blessing, with all the moisture, in the air we would have ice if at freezing or belwo. So, even in the rain, there is a bright thought.

Jim bought a school house type light, for my ceiling fan, day before yesterday. Took down the three light thingy and went to put on the new. Well, no such luck. Didn't fit. He took it back and talked to the manager of the lighting dept. at Lowes. She said there is not one for our model of fan. So, guess I will have to put up with the glare on my rulers, on my cutting table. I could put up a regular light, but can not have a ceiling fan. What with the light from the sewing machine, Ott light, the light strip on the body of the machine, and the iron. It is just too hot in there for me. So, as I can't afford to get a different fan, I am stuck. Better glare then hot.

Sewed for awhile yesterday till the light from the window began to dim late in the aft. Jim has yet to replace the three ights on the fan. This morning, it is just too dark in there. He is outside, working on the thing now. I have quilting to do and post cards to do. Hope I have light soon.

Hope all who are sick, get well soon,a nd all who are well, stay that way.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Sunshine for a day here - we have been like you Sukochi - very dreary - good word for it - but today the sun is out - if a might chilly - not severely cold.  I slept most of yesterday - my body was so worn out from fighting everything that it just decided it was going to sleep.  I had gotten up early about 5 - back in bed at 8- up again around 10 and through the day till about 5 then down till 8 again and back in bed at 10:30 for the night.  Had to get up early again as I had to get Mom up and get her moving for her doctor's appointment... I am ready now for a nap... but staying awake as I want to make dinner before I go lay down.  Waiting for the chicken to thaw - making chicken cheesy enchiladas... one of Jay's favorites.  

Mom's appointment went fine... no more stories ... just in and  out ... guess hopefully that she is done with that but I don't know and won't know.  I put in a request for a helper to come once a week to help her - do her nails - take her to the hair dresser - give her someone outside of me and Jay to interact with and do the things I am just not physically able to help her with.  

I am still tired today but not aching quite as much so hopefully no storms will be on the horizon so that I can recover from all I have been going through without that help...teehee... 

CC - Barbara sent the little birdie earrings down and I will send them on to Jodie in the next package I send to her.  I know she will love them.  Thank you ever so much - such a surprise.  

Windy Oklahoma tired thoughts and prayers to all!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 3:06 PM | Locked

chocake2:
 Tell me that joke again later, when I feel better.  I'm mostly upright today, altho still only running at 50%. Dang dog decided that naps were NOT on the agenda yesterday and barked her dang head off every single time I got Sprout to sleep. (She thought telling the wind to quit blowing was useful) Naturally, if Baby is awake, Mommy has to be, so...  It was a very long day

I will be sure to do that CC. I do hope that you are feeling better soon, being sick with little ones is awful. (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

Thea:
CC - Barbara sent the little birdie earrings down and I will send them on to Jodie in the next package I send to her.  I know she will love them.  Thank you ever so much - such a surprise.

Thank You Barbara. See? I told you that Thea would know just the thing to do with them. LOL

Thea, those are the first 2 beads I made with that idea so they were just experiments to see if I could even do it (prototypes??). They are pretty rough!! Hopefully I'll get more time to practice and will be able to refine them a bit this summer. I did get some new canary yellow glass this week, so now I can make them in a more appropriate color.   you mentioned having a friend who loved duckies, so I sent them along so you can see what you inspired...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

Well until admin locks this thread and starts a new one, I am going to continue hanging out here. 

Yesterday started out slow at the shop but by 10:30, we were hopping.  We didn't get to start on lunch breaks until almost 1.  It stayed busy until we locked the doors at 6 and finished up with the 2 customers we had left.  I made my purchases before work -- a "fat back" to use on some Project LInus quilts, some ballerina fabric to use for a pillowcase body and some "flesh" colored fabric for an applique project. 

This morning I sewed 6 more pillowcases from my big pile of "kits".  Got the kit put together with the ballerina fabric too.  Still pulling fabrics to use for my applique project.  It is an Amy Bradley pattern and has lots of pieces. Decided to take a break for a while and check out things over here and maybe find some more shop hop bunnies.

Still having crazy weather.  Much too warm for Jan.  We need some cold weather to kill bugs!  I keep finding lady bugs in our bathroom.  Can't figure out how they are getting in as the only window in there is fake glass blocks and doesn't open.  They frustrate the cats because they hang out on the crown molding so they have no way of reaching them.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:22 AM | Locked

Nice warm day today, almost 70. But Marge is so right about  the bugs. This past Spring we were run over with fleas and ticks.  Vet said it was the worst year for them, he oucld remember. And, I do love cole weather. We need a good few days of a real hard freeze to kill off the buggers.

Went for a nice walk this a.m. Jim, Lily and I. Our neighbor, across the road, was out working in his yard, and playing this beautiful music. Really soft, soothing music. It was nice to have that as the background for our walk. Sadly, came home to find a cute little bird huddled und a bush and one of our hunters chasing it. We did our best to catch it and get it out of harms way, but not God's plan. Cat showed up at the door with the poor dead birdie in her mouth. Needless to say, I am put out with Kitty today.

Off for a quick lunch then sewing.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:50 AM | Locked

60 Michigan today I should feel warmer hope I'm not getting sick.cleaning house as its plain to see I'm the only one that does in my home.  Later I'll be working on baby quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

70s here in Virginia with beautiful sunshine.   Feels like spring...yum

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 12:45 PM | Locked

Very strange mid Jan. sight in my yard earlier. Jim was out mowing!!  I think he just wanted to ride on his mower. He and one neighbor ride to each other's houses to visit...on their riding mowers. It is hilarious

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 1:05 PM | Locked

Nana:

70s here in Virginia with beautiful sunshine.   Feels like spring...yum

Hmmm. We had freezing rain last evening into the morning. Tons of fog today and we're at 34 degrees. Please send some warm thoughts my way.

I'm on call for the weekend so it's homework, sewing and football in between patients.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 1:17 PM | Locked

Hmmm, we had 3 degrees (brrrrr) last night, but the sun is out and its warmed up to 13 degrees now!  

I think I will skip xc skiing today...even though it is a beautiful day.  Just too cold for me (and I am still recovering from a head cold, I hope...LOL)

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 1:32 PM | Locked

Kris - when are you planning the trip home? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 357 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 355 356 357 358 359 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use