Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 351 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 349 350 351 352 353 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:22 PM | Locked

Orange flower pots against a purple door could really go together well.  Beautiful pop of color. 

Try to get a deep citrus colored orange -- like the skin of a ripe navel orange.  Maybe a purple stripe or a few purple dots on the pot to tie it all together?  You can do it, Sukochi! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:24 PM | Locked

chocake2

Oh dear that was terrible! but I did have a giggle!

In UK it is just drab not really cold at the moment but that will change later this week however nowhere as cold as I suspect some of you ladies are experiencing. You may not know but in UK if it snows and inch the country grinds to a halt. What a bunch!!

I have done no quilting today although I did finish 1 quilt top yesterday. I have another to finish tomorrow so I can take them both to quilting class on Thursday where they will be quilted on the longarm machine.  1st class after the Christmas break so really looking forward to seeing my quilting pals again.

Physio this morning was painful but my back does feel a little easier. I have another appointment next week, He has given me some exercises to do which I must try and keep up to as I will have to go back to work next Thursday.

Hope you all keep warm and have a good day.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:40 PM | Locked

Quiltless:

Orange flower pots against a purple door could really go together well.  Beautiful pop of color. 

Try to get a deep citrus colored orange -- like the skin of a ripe navel orange.  Maybe a purple stripe or a few purple dots on the pot to tie it all together?  You can do it, Sukochi! 

Exactly!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

i should be up on the hill excersizing, but i have quilts to finish. sam is back in branson, he has to go everytime his embezzler goes before the judge., so i have time to quilt in the evenings.   two, maybe three quilts to quilt and bind before the 25th.  sheesh how do i get myself into these things.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 1:37 PM | Locked

gini:
sheesh how do i get myself into these things.

I could probably tell you but it would not do any good or make any difference LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 3:07 PM | Locked

Nana, I am so glad that you are doing so great! Answer to prayer! And Ginny, I'm happy to hear that you are healing well. Great news for both of you.

I am recovering from the GI crud. I was near to death (so I felt like) on Friday night but today I am feeling almost human again. There are two kinds of bugs out there not covered by the flu shot, (probably more than that) one being GI, the other respiratory. I hope everyone stays well during this flu season.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 3:14 PM | Locked

Elaine - Sorry to hear you've had it, too. Mine was the respiratory crap but, we're on the mend...right?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 3:31 PM | Locked

Sheila, I'm glad to hear you are on the mend, too. Neither one of these bugs are fun to have. And I was doing so well! I haven't had a flu bug in about 3 years. Oh, well, like you say, we are on the mend.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 4:02 PM | Locked

So sorry some of you have been under the weather. Glad you are feeling better Sheila and Elaine!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 4:06 PM | Locked

Glad to hear you are getting over the GI crud.  My DGD got the respiratory one.  She was so ill with it, but she also has a history of asthma.  She saw the DR, but got worse on the antibiotics.  Ran a fever couldn't breathe or eat.  Both her mother and I tried to get her to go to the clinic, but she said she felt too bad to go.  Can you imagine that?  Her husband said he would watch her really close and take her if she got any worse.   Now 2 days later she is feeling much better, but I still think she has got pneumonia possibly.  And she has 2 little ones and a medium sized boy at home to watch.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:31 PM | Locked

Donna B:
We have another front coming in and the forecast is for 8-12 inches of snow during the next 24 hours.  At least the snow we already have on the ground has had a chance to settle down a bit; however, we are getting to the "collapsing barn roof" stages around here.  The forcasted storm looks to be for wet and heavy snow which will be hard on the roofs.  Hopefully the front will dry itself out a bit before it gets to Patti!

No, it didn't. 

I double checked several sites the morning for  the weather forecast before DH took off for a meeting in Portland.  So we felt comfortable that snow accumulation was only supposed to be 1 inch.  They all lied!  When I got home an couple hours ago, we already had 5 inches new, and it is supposed to snow all night.  It's the heavy stuff again.  In the passes they are supposed to get about 2 feet.  They may have to close it down again, like before Christmas when trees burdened with heavy wet snow fell into the highway. 

DH just called and he said to call the neighbor tomorrow to plow us out with his tractor.  Our snow blower does not like heavy stuff, specially if it gets deep.  I bought a 16 foot roof rake, but it's pretty flimsy and won't be much good on our carport roofs.  What we need, without more moisture, is a good melt, enough for the bottom icy layer of snow can thaw and it will slide off. 

I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, so I can just relax.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

Patti:
They all lied!  When I got home an couple hours ago, we already had 5 inches new, and it is supposed to snow all night.  It's the heavy stuff again.  In the passes they are supposed to get about 2 feet. 

We were checking the "winter storm warning" this morning and it seems to have been more accurate with the 8-12 inches.  By 1 pm we had 10 inches and it still is snowing heavily...so we may even exceed the 12 inches for today and tonight.  The reason I know for sure that we had 10 inches at 1 pm is that we had to walk 3/4 of a mile UPHILL to our house through it...after our morning "Ol' Farts" ski group get-together and lunch...lol!  So, I had double exercise today...really!!!  After all that, I took a shower, had a cup of tea and took a long nap!  This is such a large storm, I am sure Gini is going to be seeing snow from this one very soon if she hasn't already.

We have our first weekly ski class tomorrow afternoon, but if "plow-guy" doesn't get here, we won't be going anywhere...at least until he does!  But don't anyone worry about us, we are warm and cozy with plenty of food and things to do (quilts) and if need be, we could walk down to the car by the highway and drive to town (a lot easier than walking back up).  And, that wood fire feels mighty nice right now...

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:26 PM | Locked

I feel sorry for you folks in the great North West! And we complain about 5 or 6 inches here in KS. Stay safe and warm, all of you having the heavy snow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:36 PM | Locked

i'm not complaining elaine,  i love the stuff, heavy or not.  i even like the raindrops coming down today with their little white overcoats on. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:36 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:

I feel sorry for you folks in the great North West! And we complain about 5 or 6 inches here in KS. Stay safe and warm, all of you having the heavy snow.

I feel sorry for all you guys...unless you really want all that snow. But at 9:30 pm it's a balmy 76 degrees here tonight.

Page 351 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 349 350 351 352 353 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use