Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 348 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 346 347 348 349 350 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:23 AM | Locked

Good Morning Gang.    Glad to hear that Ginny and Nana are so much better.  More tents for Nana.  I'm going to have you show me how to quilt on my home machine.    Hope the rest of you that have colds and other ailments get well soon.  Knock on wood, I got the flu shot this year so nothing so far and hope to keep it that way.  DH won't get the shot, he should, but he avoids people at all costs. 

Today, a friend is coming for a quick sewing lesson.  She took a quilt class from me at the Sr. Center and put it away after the class because of a sick husband.  He passedtwo years and she now has retired so she has more time for sewing.  She's hoping to get a lot more sewing and quilting done.  

Well, off for breakfast and everyone have a great day.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

Ginny wonderful new for you as well.  ye ha  ??   LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:41 AM | Locked

Nana,  Had to laugh at your abbreviation-ROM-  Yes, the medical terminology does creep into our language as a medical person.  I just relate it to newbies that join our group here on line and don't know the quilting terminology abbreviations.

But then Mnnancy, I know what RAM stands for,  but have no idea of its significance.   See, we all have our foibles.    LOL   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:45 AM | Locked

OMG, Sukochi-- $18.00 a yard!   Where did you shop- Overseas?   Hope you and Jim feel great soon.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:59 AM | Locked

Ginny, is this not crazy? I told Jim I will be shopping the sales online. Not buying locally. I can't afford that.  The other quilters in this town, for the most part, are wealthy. Guess she knows they won't blink to pay that.  Online, I ordered 9 yards of fabric for $33.00.. Why would I every buy in there again?

Today will be a much better day. I just know it. Don't have to leave the house. Yea! Will spend the day on Afton's quilt. I fi am lucky, and stick with it, I should be done by week's end., I should be ready to send it to Judy to quilt. That is my goal for the rest of the week.

Y'all have a truly blessed day.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:00 AM | Locked

Wanting to wish everyone a Happy & Prosperous & Healthy New Year!

Sorry I've been absent so much! I have haunted a bit but, my life has been too topsy-turvy over the past month. A bout of walking pneumonia, numerous trips to the Chiropractor (the coughing bothered my back!), the Holidays, Year-End at work with extra tasks that have had to be done, etc., etc., etc.  I'm spending this week finishing up everything for the horse org so that I can hand over the reins to the new Treasurer is my current priority at home. DH finally got the big stuff moved for me for my new sewing/office space so I've been S-l-o-w-l-y arranging, sorting, stashing everything. All in my (almost non-existent) spare time. I spent all day Saturday putting together bookcases that I found at Big Lots for $29.99. Yikes! What a job that was. Thank heavens, DD came up to help me with it. In return, I pawned off some unused items on her.

I hope everyone gets well soon. This seems to be a bad winter for illness! I had my annual flu shot and I got the pneumonia shot 3 years ago so it should have still been good for another 2 years. Right!

Looking forward to a weekend retreat at a local B&B next month, the 2013 Buggy Babes retreat in June, and whatever else I can eke out this year. I'm currently involved in a No-Sew Progressive Swap  which is a real hoot as well as a Butterfly Machine Embroidery block swap that's due in March. Finished an orphan block swap in December that was pretty cool. I added a couple of new pics to my gallery yesterday and have some others on my phone that I need to get moved over & posted.

Well, I'll shut up now, do a little work (since that's what I get paid for), and cruise back by in a bit!

Have a great day, everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:27 AM | Locked

KELLY - that fabric you bought would look great with your day / night blocks!  I don't blame you for buying everything they had left.  It is really pretty.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:28 AM | Locked

Angele - what a sad thing for that young man.  I am with you ---- I hope he found peace.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:29 AM | Locked

Cc - it is always a joy to see your little glass creations.  I especially love the quackers.  :o)  A while back we had two ducks and named them Puddles and Quackers.  We felt sorry for them since they only had a kiddie pool to play in here and took them to Celeste's brothers place on the lake where they found a whole bunch of new friends to paddle around with.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

Angele:
So you made effelumps, now will you make whoozzles?

Nope. Don't think I'm up to whoozles. They wear plaid, and that'd be REALLY hard to do. Don't think I am up to Jagulars, either.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:44 AM | Locked

Ahhhh, peace... :) They are all off to school. My daughter got a job yesterday and starts today. She is a teacher, but all they had was an aid for special needs and she took it, at least she is earning something and I could see the relief on her face. Now we are praying for a full time teaching position, it will come - God is good.

I think I will lay back down and take a nap or just watch some TV without all the background noise LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:47 AM | Locked

Nana - so great to hear your news!!!!  I am sure that you have camped out in your sewing room now!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

Way to go Ginny!!!  You may have mentioned it eons ago but do you have diabetes?  I was just wondering since wound healing seemed to be an issue.  Good luck on your weight loss and exercise plan.  I know how much better I feel already after just the 20 lb loss.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

Sukochi - hope that you and Jim get "all better" quickly.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't pick up any bugs from our customers who come in when they are under the weather.  Not so much for me but in concern for Hubby.  Because of his history with GBS, they recommend no flu shots.  Every time he gets a cold, it seems to go to bronchitis too.  He is just my puny little fellow.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:57 AM | Locked

Wow Donna!!!  You did great with your $3. bag!  I'm like you.  DDIL and I go into thrift stores or yard sales.  She always finds these great things like Tommy Hilfinger jeans for $2 and such.  I never find anything.  Have fun creating with all your fabric.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 348 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 346 347 348 349 350 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use