Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 325 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 323 324 325 326 327 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:13 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  glad they wee able to find it, T&P with your family

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:26 PM | Locked
Nana, My 61 year old sister said that too. Now she's undergoing Chemo and radiation for stage 3 throat cancer in the hopes that she will not have to have her voice box removed. She finally quit smoking 6 weeks ago after 40+ years. I quit a second time in 1998. I had more reasons not to smoke than to continue. My precious grands, a girl age 16 and 13 year old twins, one of each. I'm not being judgmental or condescending. I like you too much for that. Just food for thought. Hugs, Donna in Oregon
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:43 PM | Locked

From us to y'all! Happy New Year! I am so thankful for this community! 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:43 PM | Locked

Double post. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:55 PM | Locked

Nancy, that is what my DH used to do except he forgot to empty his pockets before they went into the laundry basket.  Trouuuble!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:00 AM | Locked

Brandy, love the pics,handsome son and beautiful mom!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:00 AM | Locked

Brandy, very cool, Happy New Year,to you and your son

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,872
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 2:16 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Nope it is Churg Strauss Syndrome. I had to ask his wife. Ever heard of that? It is not cureable but can be managed with meds (Steriods) and P.T.

Never heard of it. I hope they find a good treatment plan for him. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,872
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 2:18 AM | Locked

Brandy:
From us to y'all! Happy New Year! I am so thankful for this community! 

Cute photos Brandy.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,191
Points 238,962
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:24 AM | Locked

Well, the visit has been great - too short - but actually I am ready to go home!  I have put a couple things on my list for preparing to move to MN now and looking for a house... My house will be so well insulated that when snow falls on it - it will not melt as the heat from inside will not escape from anywhere.  If we end up coming back next year we will get a hotel as I can't sleep here ... not that the kids don't try but Echo's bed is horrible... and her room was so so cold that last night I slept out here in the lviingroom on the couch!  It was warmer and my body did better but the couch is a temproray place to sleep and I was constantly woken up by members of the house going to the bathroom at night - so not a good nights sleep... but better as it was a touch warmer.  

I told my DIL that that room was just too cold for my Grand daughter and she said that Echo didn't complain... not sure how a child complains when they don't know to complain... But I touched the walls in the room and they are ICE cold - I told her if I was her I would take some of the quilts that I have made them and hang them on the walls and hang others over the windows to insulate the room some.  She said they have paperwork in to the state for assistance in insulating the house but that she hasn't heard an answer yet - something I think Jay and I will discuss if this isn't done soon.  I know the house we find will have great insulation before I move into it...teehee... 

But I love visiting and holding my grands but this visit was long enough although short!  My poor little body is telling me I have abused it enough!  so although I have loved hugging and playing with the kids I am ready to head back to my warmer house... and my wonderful bed to sleep in.  And my nice lounger to sit in during the day!  

I have tons of pictures to share and will download them when I get home.  We made Echo's day when we gave her the monster high school - oh she was so so happy... she had wanted it so bad and Santa had forgot to leave it for her.  The little girl gave me such a big monster hug.  And to see her sit and play with it was so satisfying... Reese loved his train and cars - oh the noise... oh my!  

My smile is frozen on my face!  My heart is very warm and happy if my body is hurting horrifically.  I was prepared for this though and somehow will figure a way if we come back next year during the holiday to stay at a hotel... although the beds there aren't much better I will at least be able to get warm at night and that will help.  

Heading home early this morning to hopefully drive during the light time... It will turn dark before we get home but we will be on familiar roads.  Have to go upstairs now(ugh) and wake Jay - he slept upstairs in Reese's bed - wake him and get him ready to hit the road... it is supposed to get light by 8 a.m. and I would like to be on the road when it gets light... 

So I had a wonderful short visit and am ready to go home!  Wish I could be like Dorothy and just click my heals 3 times...teehee

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:47 AM | Locked

Donna

I know all the risks and for some reason I still just am not ready to quit.  Maybe someday if life gets a little less stressful.   I can not imagine trying to quit at this point and time.   But it is something that I consider frequently.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:52 AM | Locked

Brandy

Handsome son and a beautiful lady.   Happy New Year.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:53 AM | Locked

Sukochi

I am glad they have a diagnosis.  Now for a good treatment plan.  Prayers continue.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:54 AM | Locked

Thea

Sounds like you had a good time even if the sleeping was a problem.   Safe travels.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,466
Points 49,920
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:07 AM | Locked

Beautiful pictures, Brandy.  Your little man is so cute.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Page 325 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 323 324 325 326 327 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use