Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 321 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 319 320 321 322 323 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:55 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
He thought it said 58.  NOT!!!!  We were so cold after two laps that we called it quits.

So it would be interesting to know what you consider cold.  What was the temp?  We'll be below zero over the next few mornings.  We'll have to see if Calley can be convinced to shorten the walk.  At 101 pounds, Mac probably isn't bothered by cool temps at all.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 1:01 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
Kris, we have just been trying to keep warm since we got home from Church. I told the kids it does not usually get really cold here and the snow does not last, so it has been cold since they got here and there has been snow on the ground since the day after they arrived - what does grandma know LOL

LOL.

It seems most places are colder than usual right now. We're in the single digits and expected to go lower. Brr.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:28 AM | Locked

Barbara, I can't find a post where Thea said they got there safely. I know you have heard from her. Are they at the kids now?

Well pump people just called. They will be here today. YAY. Hopefully in time for me to wash my hair before leaving for church tonight at 8:30! So excited about tonight. God is gonna rock the house.

Will see if I can get in the sewing room and try to figure out what to do with the fabirc that is coming to me today. Nan's box should arrive, the one form one of the shops I ordered from should arrive. All today. Jim said I was gonna have a great week. I told him this is going to totally overwhelm me.  ; p

Will check back later. Have a wonderful New Years Eve. 2013 can only be better.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

I think I might be crazy. I completed this quilt last night and started to work on yet another one. Hoping to finish the other one tonight. 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:55 AM | Locked

Brandi, This is pretty. What pattern is that? I love it. Seem it would be  pretty easy make.

The calvary is here. Already fixed. Electrical box went out, again. Jim was wrong. Aww... it happens.  Now I can wash dishes, clothes and HAIR.

It is gonna be a fantastic day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:19 AM | Locked

Brandy, cute quilt.  I have a pattern that calls for 2 jelly rolls, and the way you sew it together, it makes the back and is quilted all at the same time, makes a lap size, would make great gifts

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

cute quilt brandy.  you're on a roll

i'm hobbling around like an old lady this morning.  disreguarding the fact that i am an old lady, i had a fun first day skiing yesterday.   even though i have been doing my wall squats for weeks,  my quads are not happy this morning.  i'm aiming for more punishment tomorrow, a couple more days of hobbling and i should be good to go.  anyone ready to go skiing with me?  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,203
Points 239,127
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:43 AM | Locked

Brandy - does that have Minky in the deep orangish sections - that is so cute!  It looks like the right size for a baby quilt - of course being here in MN with the Preggie DIL and the kidz really has me thinking about baby stuff today.

We will be leaving out early tomorrow morning to head home to get as close to home as possible during the daylight.  This was awesome to be here but with the weather rainy snow in Enid today I am worried about getting back home.  I am hopeful by driving during daylight that it will be better - and when it starts to get dark we will be in familiar territory - not like the drive up here where when it got dark I got leary as I was not used to these roads...

I put an App on my Kindle Called Kindle Free for my grandz... it is a kid friendly program - I have it free for 30 days and then it is $6 a month - you set it up and the Kindle's name changes from yours to the childs - and it is set up with all sorts of games and videos and programs for the child's age group ... Echo has been reading books and the Kindle talks the words so she can follow along... then she has a page that she is learning shapes on and another where she can practice her writing... I told the kidz that I think I will keep this subscription and they can set their kindles up with it for the kidz...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:44 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Brandi, This is pretty. What pattern is that? I love it. Seem it would be  pretty easy make.

The calvary is here. Already fixed. Electrical box went out, again. Jim was wrong. Aww... it happens.  Now I can wash dishes, clothes and HAIR.

It is gonna be a fantastic day.

Thanks Sukochi! I didn't use a pattern. I used the MSQ 5" tumbler block a a couple of different charm packs. My original plan was to make a full tumbler quilt, but with how the last month went, I just didn't have the time, so I took the strips that I had and added coordinating fabric strips (10" strips) - by the way, the bright pink strips are the same fabric I made the recipient a purse out of for her birthday - she's 5 :). The back is a pink flannel with cherry blossoms. Rag quilt style, so no batting. I hope she will love it! 

It was super easy!! I am going to make my manager's quilt in the same manner. Maybe took me 2 hours (I had all the strips cut already). I love precuts!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

i forgot, on top of skiing i moved half of my sewing room yesterday to my new room.  going up and down the ladder all afternoon probably wasn't the best idea after skiing, but at least i didn't tumble off the ladder.   i drug sam to the hardware store, after dragging sewing machine and tables around.  now,  remember sam doesn't do projects.   he doesn't own tools. we picked out some insulation panels for a new design wall.  they are silver.  i was looking for gold sided ones more suited to my queenly demeanor,   but you have to take what they have, i guess.  sam is thrilled he has a honey-do ready and waiting for him after skiing today. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:49 AM | Locked

did i say thrillled?  i may have overstated that.   perhaps the shivers were because he was chilled from skiing, not from being thrilled,  and i misinterpreted his body language :  )

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Gini, sounds like you have been haveing a great time, but i think i will pass on the sking.   you will have to take pics of your new sewing room when your done.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,645
Points 65,425
Bonita replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:00 AM | Locked

gini:
anyone ready to go skiing with me?

Only if you don't mind if I go down the slopes on my butt. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

Very nice Brandy, what energy!  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:10 AM | Locked

Gini, if I could drag myself away from this darn computer, I might like to give skiing a go.  :  )  Do they have learners mole hills?

Millbury, MA

Page 321 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 319 320 321 322 323 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use