Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 319 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 317 318 319 320 321 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 5:17 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Sukochi and Angele, you are making me hungry... We are still eating leftovers LOL

We're still eating leftovers, too.  Got to get rid of this chocolate and pumpkin pie before the first, so I can start my diet in earnest.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 5:23 PM | Locked

Not done a whole lot today, went to town did some shopping, bought a heated waterer  for my chickens and a heat lamp, got to keep my babies warm, their water has been freezing since it has deided to get cold here.

Stopped at the health food store and bought some nice greens and meat, not much,    very expensive but it is just me here most of the time..

Took a long nap, didn't plan on that, just woke up on the couch about 1 hour ago, in a very awkward position, now have a crick in my neck lol.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 10:48 PM | Locked

Today is DS#1 Birthday He is 25.  It makes me feel old.  I was not a spring chicken when I had My kids.  Got Christmas all put away in the inside.  The outside will have to wait. It snowed too much (3 days straight) and everything is buried under the snow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:17 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
We are having a big pray and praise meeting at our Church on Monday nite from 9 -12:30. I so want to be there, to see in the New Year in, in  prayer with other faithful. However, as it is a 40 miles round trip to Church and back, I hesitate to go.

Travel safely Sukochi.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:19 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
I'm so happy they are here and safe...

I happy they're safe too Spud. So sorry they had to go through that mess.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:29 AM | Locked

It snowed all day here and were still under severe winter storm warning (until 7am). Ruined my planned trip to Keepsake Quilting for their end of year sale. Oh well saved me some money.

I'm resting but not sleepy so I'll probably go watch a movie or do some reading. Got a library book to finish.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:39 AM | Locked

Thea, I remember you asking about this before and I thought of this one technique, but was SO swamped in the middle of holiday stuff that I forgot to bring it up.  Apologies for not mentioning this sooner.  Have you heard of the Swirly Center Seams Technique?  By the Swirly Girls?  I have no idea how this compares to what you've already tried and I don't have a ton of quilting experience, so I can't really compare it to other methods.  The Swirly Girls are the girls who design the Michael Miller Clubhouse quilts.  We used this technique to minimize bulk at seam intersections where 8 points met at a Mystery Quilt retreat by the Swirly Girls.  The technique is copyrighted as part of the pattern, but if you haven't heard of it, I'd be happy to contact them and ask how you could get access to it.  I am friends with them on FB.  My guess would be that it's probably included in one of their other patterns, which are for sale, but who knows - maybe they'd just let me share it with you.    Let me know if you haven't heard of this or tried it already and want me to ask the girls about how I could share the technique with you.

In other news, I have a big day of cleaning ahead of me in preparation for a big birthday/NYE party tomorrow.  So, I'll be trying to channel Thea vibes over here!  :)  I need to move the sewing room upstairs to a spare bedroom that has been converted into half laundry room / half sewing room... as soon as I get the boxes that have been hiding there unpacked!  Then to shampoo the carpets upstairs and get rid of all this clutter!  You ladies try not to be too jealous of my fantabulous day ahead.  ;)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,706
Points 248,257
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:52 AM | Locked

We drove as far as we could go yesterday - I tried to make it the whole way - but when we got to Sioux city Iowa the roads started looking icy so we pulled in to the hampton inn...Jay had been sleeping for about an hour by then although I was wide awake decided it was time to give in - it looked like it was just going to get worse.  So when the sun comes up we will be on the road again.  Jay woke and took the car to be filled and I fell asleep before he got back...teehee... I woke about an hour ago and the room was stifling hot so have now turned the little heater off - will probably have to turn it back on shortly as the temperature outside is -2 degrees.... brrrrr - left 45 for this - and now 45 seems like a heat wave.  Oh well, in a few short hours I will have my kidz and grandz in my arms hugging hugging hugging them.  It is then that I will wish the clock to just stop so I can enjoy every minute of the next 2 days.  I am going to try and take it all in and hold on to it till April when I get to come and see them again!

This morning I am in severe pain so have already taken my pain meds - hands and feet are so swollen - I am worried I will not be able to get my sneakers back on - I looked at my feet when in the bathroom and oh my - just swollen up - hoping that some time with them elevated will help and am drinking plenty of fluids - that should help too... eating my green grapes - brought 2 bags with me...teehee... 

Oh my I am too excited... think I'll sit back and read my book - am on the 2nd Wendie Edwards book about the Millenium - she always makes me pray for a better future... 

Love you all thank you for the prayers for my safe travel - keep them coming they are working great so far... now just add a teeny prayer in there so I stop swelling!  thank you so so much!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 8:25 AM | Locked

Donna B:
stranger things have happened!  Time and breathing room can work miracles - believe me!  If you do try therapy, be really careful and get the right therapist that both of you can relate to...that is critical!

I know my friends are thinking I am just a bit over the edge and everything, but I believe, with some of the things he is doing, that he has some huge issues to work out and I can't help him he needs to be alone.  I am very angry at him right now but I am also very lonely and sad.   I will take divorce over living like we have been.  Anyday.  As sad as that thought makes me.  We both have our oun therapist so we'll see. I am working with mine on me not on us as that is what I need to do now.  I have no idea what he is working on as we dont talk.

On the upside, i have been redecorating my house.  I can say that now because it is my house.  I have a headboard now that I love. Chocolate velvet wingback, and he would have hated it with a great painting over the bed.  I can slipcover the headboard for spring so it will give me many new looks as my mood changes.

I moved a chest of drawers into the front entry for purses and keys and put a lamp on it for lighting as the entry way has no light fixture and I love it.  I will have to find a curtain rod for behind it to hang a curtain as the back of the chest isn't decorative at all. 

I also have been going through every drawer in the house, cleaning tossing moving around.  It will be clean and organized yet. My husband always said the house was cleaner when we were fighting.  I get anxious and fuss.  

I think I had problems with the house because it was always his house, not ours.  We sold my house (I picked it out and bought it when he was so busy at work that he didn't have time to help look) he picked this one as we always wanted an acreage and while I liked it, it always felt like his house.  Now its mine in name and legal. Of course he tore up the landscaping and driveway running the gas lines into the new shop for heat so I'll have a mess in the spring. I wanted a water line run as well for a truck wash pad but didn’t get that.  Maybe I can have it run in now. Heheheh.   I'll have to learn how to drive that little bobcat with the bucket (its actually a skid steer machine and not a small one so it should be fun).  Shouldn't be too terribly hard.  I have someone run it over to the gravel pit and I’ll practice moving dirt.  I’ll have to pull up the paving in the driveway and I’ll only be able to put gravel down. I won’t be able to afford concrete just yet.  We also raised the new shop up over a foot in elevation as the previous owners put the old shop in the lowest spot in the yard and it drew water like a flood plain which is why it rotted from the bottom up.  But at least I won’t be fighting with anyone over my ideas for materials and flower bed placement.  Everything has to be redone as the two years of renovations on the outside pretty much destroyed the flower beds and most of the lawn.  I am hoping I can keep so busy I will not have time to miss him or worry and maybe I can drop into bed exhausted every night and sleep through. 

Everyone here seems to have the flu, is getting the flu or just got over the flu. I am finally getting over it which is why I have been so emotional and upset all the time.  Yesterday was a disaster. I went sewing to a friend’s house and could barely function.  They understand and have been cutting me a huge amount of slack but I will have to move on and find something to keep me busy.  I can certainly see why the holidays are so hard on some people. I am surrounded by people who love me.  Isn’t that great?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 8:41 AM | Locked

Vivian, you hang in there,  I remember when i went through mine I purged the whole house, very theraputic

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 8:50 AM | Locked

Vivian, better days are ahead.   I once had a poem about grief.  The woman wrote of going through flower catalogs in winter, planted seeds, and found her self surrounded by beautiful life come summer.

May you experience a spring of new birth.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,635
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Vivian

I understand how tough this time is but it sounds like you are doing the right things to be able to move on.  Just know that we are always here to listen.  Big hugs coming your way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

I will keep that close to my heart and hope and pray you are right.  My husband got the clean break and he may have had the better deal.  I got the acreage but a whole house full of memories at every turn and in every drawer. Its hard.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,830
Points 248,779
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Vivan you go girl ,make it your own .sounds like you have earned it. I love being on my own I don't have to answer to anyone but myself. And if I have a day I don't want to do a thing I can be like that without someone gripping at me . My only wish was that I was abel to do more of my yard work . but walking out in my yard just kills my feet and so my flower beds have all gone to the dogs ..I can plant around the porch and on the back deck ,if the summer doesn't kill them like this past year.  We will look foward to seeing some great pictures of all your pretty flowers next summer..LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:59 AM | Locked

Well, I did it. I finished this blasted quilt. It put up a valiant fight, but Ruby (my machine) and I won!  

I had to completely tear it apart, back down to squares, on Thursday night because, no matter how much I pinned it, the back kept shifting. A whole bottle of spray basting later, here we are. 

Now I am going to go shower. 

Edited to note that my machine is a Brother, I just named him Ruby because, while he is pretty, he is terribly temperamental at times...just like a friend of mine from the past. Fond memories and makes me smile every time I think of him.

Page 319 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 317 318 319 320 321 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use