Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 318 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 316 317 318 319 320 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

Been here, but just lurking in the background.  Will catch up on other things later, but had to tell about Rich's day!  He just called from the side of the road waiting to move Amish from here to there-------- This is their coyote hunting day.  He takes the cattle trailer and hauls hunters instead of cattle in the back!  They ride in the trailer, guns in hand, and when he opens the back up, they stream out - he says it is a comical sight.  He left at 6:30 this morning to start picking them up and then drops them off in different places around a "country block"  quite a large area.  They just started coming out of the woods single file to go back to the trailer.  He wondered why they were single file until he saw the one in front.  He was wearing snowshoes and was making a trail through the 1 1/2 to 2 feet of snow for the rest.  Must have been quite a sight to see! 

Our Texans are on the way back home.  They started out yesterday morning (their timing was just right!).  They hoped to make it as far as Nashville before stopping for the night, but got slowed down in Cincinnatti, OH, by an accident ahead of them.  They sat about 2 hours and were just getting under way when she called.  She said they had hoped to be in Kentucky by then and I told her she was almost there.  They crossed the bridge at the border while we were talking.  They hit the weather just right - - clear sailing except for the accident delay - - and that is common in a city.  She should be used to that from driving in Houston traffic!!  The weather isn't so nice today.  Our 1-3 inches has turned to be much more - still falling out there.  1-5 inches more expected tonight on top of the last storm's over 12 inches.  Rich cleaned off all our trucks and car yesterday and it took him one hour or more each because the snow had iced over and hardened with the cold.  The car looks like a strange object again today with it's topknot of 1 foot coated over with this morning's additional.  Noone around here bothers with the hard-to-reach roof so all vehicles roam around with their "topknots". I should take a picture, but IT IS COLD OUT THERE! 

Hope everyone is keeping warm, safe, and healthy - those who are on the sick list, get well fast!  The rest who hurt like me with the weather (and life), cuddle up with a quilt, something hot to drink, and a furry friend and think Spring!  This cold misery won't last, even though it seems endless now.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

Thea about the 16 points, I hope you pressed all seams open, that should help.  Now, you have a safe trip and keep us posted on how it's going and stay warm.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM I'm happy your family is ahead of the storm and almost home. I always breath a sigh of relief when mine arrive home.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Well, I have finally had a moment to sit and take a breath, it has been a whirlwind since everyone left for Idaho from  Georgia.

My son and SIL got my daughters things and headed home, they arrived without incident on the 21st, I think LOL. Then my son took off for home, he got about 6 or 8 miles from here and lost oil pressure in his PU, he called home while limping to a relatives home to park the PU. His dad went to get him and they came home and we sent him on is way in our PU. Yesterday they put our truck on a trailer and came for lunch and then went and got his truck and they headed back home, what an adventure :)

My daughter and her 3 boys went to Atlanta, on the 19th, to get on the plane with the tickets she bought 3 months prior and then the fun began - They told her at check in that they had seats for 3 of them but the 5-year-old did not have a seat - a little while later they told her since she would not board without him they had given the other seats away and since she was from the area she could go home and they would get her on another flight in a few days...well she informed them she no longer had a home, a car,  or a job and was moving to Idaho so she would just sit in the airport until they got her a flight, meanwhile telling everyone who came  along what had happened; apparently, they did not want the bad publicity so they got her on a plane to Houston, where they spent the night in the airport - in the middle of the night the airport staff made everyone in the concourse move to the other side of security and she had to wake her boys up, they had just gone to sleep. Then the next morning they had to go back through the security check, what a hassle. They then flew them to Denver, then to Spokane, and then to Boise. What a trip - They did reimburse her for her tickets and give her some vouchers for food, but I'm still a bit upset with Southwest. They were apparently not very nice until she actually got a supervisor and she is the one that made all the flight arrangements. I'm so happy they are here and safe...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:00 PM | Locked

Spud, what an awful thing to go through but at last they are safe and sound with you now.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:05 PM | Locked

Marie ,Thea wanted me to tell you she tired that and it didn't work ,It was one of the first tricks she tired, It really was a big bundle in the middle .she will get it worked out  its just making her annoyed.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:21 PM | Locked

Getting a nice supper for friends and DS before we head out to Winnipeg tomorrow morning.  Just made French bread, lasagna sauce simmering ans cheesecake baking.

it will be nice to have everyone here.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:28 PM | Locked

Angele:

Getting a nice supper for friends and DS before we head out to Winnipeg tomorrow morning.  Just made French bread, lasagna sauce simmering ans cheesecake baking.

it will be nice to have everyone here.

How do we get to your house?? How many can you feed for supper?. I think there are many of us, who could car pool. Sounds like heaven in the kitchen to me.

I am cooking a pot roast, in apple juice and cr. of mushroom soup, real slow, all day. That is some good eating, too. The apple juice makes the meat just so tender it melts in your mouth. Mashed potatoes and green beans to finish out the meal. No dessert for us, however. Rats. Tried to get Jim to buy some ice cream but we came home without it. For the best. : {

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:33 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie, it was quite an unpleasant trip but God is good and they are all safe and sound at home.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:34 PM | Locked

Sukochi and Angele, you are making me hungry... We are still eating leftovers LOL

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,684
Points 65,980
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 2:40 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Thanks Marie, it was quite an unpleasant trip but God is good and they are all safe and sound at home.

Happy it all worked out for you guys. Not fun hanging around airports with kids.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 3:49 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Sukochi and Angele, you are making me hungry... We are still eating leftovers LOL

Well, head on over here, Spud, we haven't eaten yet. But, I snuck a taste and yum! Great roast.

Got the filing in the bin. Need to re-do the whole system though.  I found a great filing system that Jim's Mom had. It told you how to set up this terrific system. So, will do that when I get some more hanging files and folder labels. Anyway, got what I planned accomplished today. Feels great.

So, tomorrow, Church and my quilting goodie bag. Can't wait to see what is in it. Stay tuned....

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 3:49 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Well, head on over here, Spud, we haven't eaten yet. But, I snuck a taste and yum! Great roast.

Got the filing in the bin. Need to re-do the whole system though.  I found a great filing system that Jim's Mom had. It told you how to set up this terrific system. So, will do that when I get some more hanging files and folder labels. Anyway, got what I planned accomplished today. Feels great.

So, tomorrow, Church and my quilting goodie bag. Can't wait to see what is in it. Stay tuned....

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Well, head on over here, Spud, we haven't eaten yet.

Your lucky I don't live close to you LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:55 PM | Locked

Thanks Barbara, should have known she would've tried that first.  Duh!

Millbury, MA

Page 318 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 316 317 318 319 320 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use