Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 314 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 312 313 314 315 316 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,544
gini replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I was just preusing the front page of our local newspaper.

so, just how do you pre use the front page of the newspaper?  do you swat hubby first, then read it. or do your kitties get a chance at it first?  do you first roll it up in a tube and make elephant calls?  just wondering, sukochi. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:34 AM | Locked

gini:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I was just preusing the front page of our local newspaper.

so, just how do you pre use the front page of the newspaper?  do you swat hubby first, then read it. or do your kitties get a chance at it first?  do you first roll it up in a tube and make elephant calls?  just wondering, sukochi. 

ROFLOL!  I didn't catch that one till it had posted. I knew I was in trouble. ;~}

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:53 AM | Locked

Okay, I am up and trying to even smile this morning at your antics Sukochi is very hard!  My body hates me today so a new storm must be on its way.  I hope it gets here before Saturday and is settled down by the afternoon that day as we are leaving just as soon as Jay gets home from work.  We are just going to jump in the car and head north and get as far north as we can before Jay gets exhausted - I will try and drive so that we get to at least Souix City Iowa - we love the Hampton Inn there - so we will try to get that far - spend the night and get up in the morning and head on in.  My Grandson won't be there till the afternoon as he is spending the day with his bio Dad whom he calls his step Dad... messed up mixed up family...

But for the moment - it is very hard to get moving... my body truly does hate me today!  I got the last of the presents wrapped and Jay packed the car last night - well the presents part anyway... I had to go out and help him get the things sorted out so that we could see out the back window.... not sure why men can't figure it out - but then he can't see anything right in front of him... makes me laugh so much - the other day I asked him if he would make brunch - told him the bacon was on the 2nd shelf on the left in the freezer in the back... he said he looked and looked and couldn't find it so finally I got my aching body out of my chair and got to the kitchen - opened the freezer and said Darling... look... I didn't move a thing and you could plainly see the bacon on the back of the 2nd shelf - I asked him what he saw and he sheepishly said bacon - but he also said hon  - I swear it wasn't there a minute ago... I told him our little people just wanted me to get up out of my chair... and he said that he would sweep them out of the house again for me...

So - I need a few prayers of energy today... I have so much to get done... besides this block that has 16 little points that come together in the center and they are not doing it - I have to get my bedroom carpet steam cleaned so I can set up the air mattress for Rita to sleep on while we are gone... I need to get the suitcase down from the attic and get clothes for the 4 days ready to go... and I need to get food made up for the meals while we are gone...

Oh - almost forgot... I made some ham and potato soup last week - and Mom gave me a complement - although she thought the soup was from Schwann's - DH and I laughed so hard - she said it was the best potato soup she had ever had... she had seen the schwann's truck last Wed and thought we had gotten the soup from there... we didn't tell her I had made it - if we had she wouldn't have eaten it... so I am preening a little bit with the complement...

Oh well, hoping soon my pain meds take affect and start working... for now going to sit back - talk to Barbara on Skype and hope the warmth gets into my bones from the two electric blankets i have going...

Warm - well kind of frigid - quilty hugz to all my quilty friends from frigid Oklahoma...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:00 AM | Locked

So glad it's you that's getting the teasing this AM Sukochi... Next, it'll pro'ly be me.

I haven't gotten around to setting my plans for the day yet. Jr had a fever, sore throat and bad ear-ache last night. I'm waiting to see how he feels this morning. I let him sleep in, and boy, is he ever sleeping in! All things considered, even if he's on the mend, I think we'll have a quiet day at home. Maybe I can catch up on some housework, altho that hardly seems likely with the kids here un-doing as fast as I do.  I really hope the weather warms up some, so I can air out the house. MiL's pew-fume plugs my sinus' and gives me hives.

DD is going off to hang out with her guy friends today. I believe they are plotting to take over the world. She said something about putting in some time on target practice down by the creek... A little aggression therapy will do her some good, I think.  Of course, with the mercury sitting at 5 degrees, they may wll change their minds. LOL(Nice to finally be above zero again!!)

DS1 is all wrapped up in his new art set. He's been drawing his own comic strip for a few months now, and is really having fun adding color to it. My only complaint is that he's based a character named "Floozy" on dear ol' Mom....  :-S  Then again, his sister's character is called "Baloney" so I at least I'm not alone. LOL

I have at least 2 quilty projects I've put on the back burner that i'd like to tackle in January. Maybe today I'll get some time on EQ to start workignon lay-outs...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:05 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the compliment on my quilting, BUT... lol.. this is an embroidery design from a crafty class, I couldn't get my quilting that perfect...lol..

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:18 AM | Locked

Thea, I looked on the Okalahoma map and can't locate a  Frigid, Oklahoma, anywere. Hmmm...... Can't believe y'all will head out in these terrible snow storms. Are you crazy?

It is in the high 20's here so have canceled my walk outside. Too cold!  Yeah, yeah, I know, that isn't cold to most of you. But, Southern blood freezes at lower temps then yours.

Gonna go cut fabric...since I can't go out and play.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:29 AM | Locked

Sukochi - frigid oklahoma is all of oklahoma today - teehee - we are supposed to get up above freezing today - but with the wind blows and brings that cold right through the heavily insulated walls... it is frigid...teehee... and yes this northern transplanted girl has lost all that stuff that is in the veins of the northern gals that keeps them warm up there - my blood has thinned quite a bit from the 110+ temperatures we get all summer so now when it gets below 40 I am freezing... I feel today like if you poked me I would just crumble into little broken icicles like what happens to the icicles outside when they drop to the ground... come on pain meds - kick into action!!!  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:49 AM | Locked

gini:
so, just how do you pre use the front page of the newspaper?

Hopefully she did not preuse it in the bird cage :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:19 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Spud too funny LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,544
gini replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 1:37 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

this is sukochi we're talking about, she's a bit of a loose cannon and there's no telling where she's preused it.   birdcage is a distinct possibility.

hey, sukochi, do you have birds?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 1:49 PM | Locked

gini:

Spudgrandma:

this is sukochi we're talking about, she's a bit of a loose cannon and there's no telling where she's preused it.   birdcage is a distinct possibility.

No, Gini, but I 'preciate your askin'.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:38 PM | Locked

Frances:
Kris, surely you can find a better name for your DH other than Kitty.

LOL Frances.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:39 PM | Locked

snpyrunner:
made this quilt for my new niece Elyse just in the nick of time for Christmas!  The cat on the left is furry, the cat in the middle is fleece.  made my share of little mistakes, but I'm getting better!

Very cute. I'm sure she loves it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:43 PM | Locked

Frances:

Leslie :

Frances, I'm not Kris, but it is a book, they even made it into a movie, was really good

Thanks Leslie,

Since shes just finished her snowman quilt i presumed it was Kris's new quilt.

lots of love

Francesxx

Sorry about the confusion Frances. Joni mentioned her book so I told her what I was reading at the moment.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:30 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

gini:

Spudgrandma:

No, Gini, but I 'preciate your askin'.

LOL You ladies are on a roll today.

Page 314 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 312 313 314 315 316 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use