Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 299 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 297 298 299 300 301 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,056
Points 170,028
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:48 PM | Locked

Thank you Nancy.  I'll be on the lookout, my camera is packed.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,056
Points 170,028
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:52 PM | Locked

That sounded great, Nana, thank you.  I'll be sure to have fun, hope the weather cooperates.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:57 PM | Locked

I wasn't sure how your song would sound to you with my southern drawl.   But I sure nouff do love ya lady.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:30 PM | Locked

Going to Oahu (Honolulu) on dec 31st and will leave for home on1/14 and arrive at 7am on 1/15. Delta non stop from Atlanta. Son wil drive us to Atlanta about 2 1/2 hrs but was almost a $1000 more to leave from Chattanooga.. So it will be 2 weeks. Staying with 27 yo daughter her SO and her daughter Hayley my other 8 yo grand daughter, have not seen her since she was 4. She is 31 dys younger than Maddie, looks like Malibu Barrie's little sister, long blonde hair, bright big blue eyes and mean asthe dickens according to her mother and teachers.thT apple did not fall far from her mothers tree! She called yesterday and asked if Maddie wil be ready to surf rights when they get us from airport!   I said it may take a day or two... She truly does ot understand why Maddie can not surf or snorkel?...and Maddie thinks it weird that neither Hayley or mom Kate can sew, quilt or even own a machine when we have three plus long armer!!

i think this two cultures coming together for two weeks should be quite interesting.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:49 PM | Locked

You do not need to file now but if you and him own one cent together...please be very smart and get a lawyer, mostly retain one based on non contested that way even ifit gets contested you do not need to come up with extra cash at this time. Do not get cheapest and also no need for most expensive one either. Unless you are both worth millions. Your lawyer can read papers when he files to make sure to protect your rights. And no matter how cut and dry and simple better to be safe than sorry.laws have changed drastically in last ten years and you donot want to end upswing him support etc.an it can happen.my son got custody of my grand daughter mainly because he filed first and stated a very clear case of her moms questionable ability to handle the child while she was new diagnosed with mental illness and even though he gets lose to 4 x's salary then her disability the court still demand and set child support up and he even spe finically told judge he did not want it and she could not afford it. Judge said tough that is helaw.. Put it in a bank act. Now her mother being from a southern up bringing where moms always get custody had to eat her words as she was positive in e old school ways.now my son has never accepted a penny but his ex knows he could go to court any time and make demand for every penny plus note rest and fines. 

When I got so sick in sept and was in hosp he needed some help with Maddie nd we have nofamilyand best friends moved away late yr shoe le her stay T his place and yep you guessed.  T she is still there but he says he is ok with it as he does what he wants, which is mostly work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:57 PM | Locked

Have a great one Marie!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 6:46 AM | Locked

Happy birthday, Marie!!!!

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,095
Points 14,140
Dawn replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 6:56 AM | Locked

Happy Birthday Marie!!!  Hope you have the most wonderful day!

We are done w/the 2012 blizzard and DH made it to work yesterday and is going to try again today.  Not sure we got that much snow, but the 40 mph or more winds is nuts!  That is what makes it crazy!  There are around 12,000 of us w/o power, I am thankful we have had power since yesterday morning. 

Since I still have this lousy head cold, will just keep tidying up the house as next week we have 10 people moving in w/us! Can't wait!  Then my family will be coming here to celebrate Christmas on the 29th.  Most haven't  seen our addtion to the house yet, so that will be fun to show them what we have been doing for almost 2 years.

Everyone have the most wonderful, warm day!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,056
Points 170,028
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:47 AM | Locked

Nana:

I wasn't sure how your song would sound to you with my southern drawl.   But I sure nouff do love ya lady.

Nana, your southern drawl added to it, I love you too.  Well I'm off to the shower, Sam picks me up at 10.  Don't you guys get into trouble while I'm gone.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

Dawn, so sorry about the head cold. I know how you feel.

Happy birthday, Marie. ahve a great time with your kiddos.

You all have a wonderful Quilty day.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Well, here I sit--- waiting for Detroit Edison to show up.   When I opened my blind in the bathroom this morning, it looked like one of the huge oaks in my neighbors back yard had a fire in it about 1/3 of the way up.   There are wires that pass by the tree, but at a lower level.   I got my binoculars out and could see a wire crossing the tree right where the problem was.  The wind is very strong this morning --38 mph now  so when the wire touches the tree it arcs.  It is also snowing yet.  So here I sit waiting for them to show up.  Couldn't go to my quilting group as Edison hasn't shown up yet. 

Let's see, I could roll out my sugar cookies and get them ready to bake-- it would be just my luck for the power to go out before they were baked-- guess I'll wait on that.   I'll go in and work on my MQ7 while I wait, I think.     Yep, we are still all here- world didn't end yet.   Only God knows when that will happen.     Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Well, here I sit--- waiting for Detroit Edison to show up.   When I opened my blind in the bathroom this morning, it looked like one of the huge oaks in my neighbors back yard had a fire in it about 1/3 of the way up.   There are wires that pass by the tree, but at a lower level.   I got my binoculars out and could see a wire crossing the tree right where the problem was.  The wind is very strong this morning --38 mph now  so when the wire touches the tree it arcs.  It is also snowing yet.  So here I sit waiting for them to show up.  Couldn't go to my quilting group as Edison hasn't shown up yet. 

Let's see, I could roll out my sugar cookies and get them ready to bake-- it would be just my luck for the power to go out before they were baked-- guess I'll wait on that.   I'll go in and work on my MQ7 while I wait, I think.     Yep, we are still all here- world didn't end yet.   Only God knows when that will happen.     Ginny

Ginny, I'm confused.  Is there a tree on fire in your neighbor's yard caused by an electrical fire?  If so, shouldn't you call the fire department instead of (or in addition to) the power company??  

I had to Google Detroit Edison.  For anyone else wondering, I think it's the power company out there.  For a second there, I thought this was a person you were waiting on to give you a ride to your quilting group.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Sorry that I confused you Carolyn,  The tree isn't on fire -- so far. It is the wires rubbing against the tree that sends an arc when they touch.  Couldn't go to quilt group as I had to wait to show Edison where the tree is-- it is not on my property.  Quilt group starts at 9:00 and it is now 11:15. 

If the tree had been on fire I would have called the fire dept., but it isn't--yet.  It is a huge old oak tree and the wire that is arcing is only about 1/3 of the way up the tree.  Don't want it to catch fire and have to be cut down.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Ginny I hope the tree will be safe ,we Have to protect the old ones.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,944
Points 234,267
Thea replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:34 AM | Locked

Ginny, I would still contact the fire department if I was you - they would respond and get the electric company out there faster - plus if the tree does start burning they would be there to stop it.

Marie - a very happy birthday to you!  May you have a wonderful start to your 76th year on this earth.  Some day I will be there but not for a little while.  I hope you havea  wonderful exciting day!  

I am up but not moving too well yet.  I am in my chair with my Blue in my lap - he usually comes and holds me down when he knows that I am hurting and need to just stay in the chair...teehee... I worked at my sewing machine almost all day yesterday - WOW - I got a lot done - I finished the quilting on Rita's quilt - got the machine part of the binding on - now just need to hand sew it down some time in the next 2 days... then I found this Winter Quilt that I had started - who knows when - all the applique' was on each of the blocks and some had been satin stitched down - I got all but 1 1/2 of the blocks done - when I am able to I will be back at the sewing machine today to finish up that satin stitching and maybe get it together... after that have to find a backing and get another box started to go to Christine - she is going to be sorry that she agreed to quilting my quilts - she just thought I was exaggerating when I said I had 20 quilts in some for or stage ready to be quilted.  I have sent her 5 so far...teehee...The other quilts are in the closet singing the song - "Send me next - Send me next - I want to be snuggled with not just hanging here - so send me - Pweeze"  silly quilts... I am excited about getting them done though - There is one quilt that has been hanging in there for over 12 years... oh my... it is pretty too... I need to get it out and check all my seams out to see what the reason was that it has been waiting...teehee...

Oh the fingertips are starting to scream at me - so guess I will go back to reading posts for a while.

Page 299 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 297 298 299 300 301 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use