What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 292 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 290 291 292 293 294 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:26 AM | Locked

Nana, so glad the results of your surgery are so good. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,536
Points 48,680
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:57 AM | Locked

Nana, u know everyone said it, but patience will reap more benefits in the long rus.  Hummmm, how about designing your own quilt? With paper and pencil and ruler??  This is the philosophy of "if you can't beat them, join them".  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,536
Points 48,680
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:01 AM | Locked

Kiri, I liked the Hobbitt, but I think one movie at the most two would have been better.  It does have some moments of nothing.

i read Life of Pi, but missed the movie.  I will see it on tv when it comes out.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,169
Points 15,130
Dawn replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:06 AM | Locked

I am soooooooooo EXCITED!!!!  They are talking a major snow storm later this week!!!  Now I know some don't want it, but, it has been almost 300 days since we have had snow.  This is IOWA!!!!!!!!  We are supposed to have snow!!!  Plus, we are really hurting w/a drought.  We truly NEED this!  Anyway . . . I for one am praying we get it!

Daughter hasn't called or messaged me to come into town, so either her DH is letting her sleep in or she is tons better.  I need to get cleaning this house and getting ready for the 28th, when all my kiddos will move in till the first!  I can't wait!   

Everyone have a great day!  Those of you not feeling well or recovering, know I am praying for you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,180
Points 253,252
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:12 AM | Locked

I am up early again today - seems like what I do - lol - I woke very early after going to bed before Midnight... shame shame on me... Got the last 2 packages for SS ready to go - all gifts wrapped and when UPS opens this morning - off I will go for them to box and ship for me... Jay had just torn up the last of my boxes to be burned - so have to get 2 boxes... it will happen and the SS program will be done for another year.  

I put some ideas over in the thread in groups about a new Secret Santa Program to go through out the year - so go put your 2 cents in and we will go from there... 

I worked hard yesterday on my MR quilt - waiting for Christine's quilt fabric to arrive so I can start working on her quilts - itching to do some piecing but I don't want to get in the middle of my next quilt till I have hers done - it is a paper pieced batik quilt and I know once I start it her package will arrive and I will have to stop and when I do paper piecing I need to just do that or I get lost... I have one in a box that is partially done and no idea where I stopped - I have to go back to the beginning with it and see what I need to do next but it is all a jumble - one day I will pull it out and figure out the puzzle.

Need to eat today though - haven't eaten a real meal in days - my stomach just says no every time I start eating - after this past weekend my nerves are shattered - but I am hoping that it will subside soon and I'll get back to normal - just wish this world would get back to normal and everyone would start loving everyone else.  No bickering - no bad words - just niceness - that is the rule for the day - niceness...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:36 AM | Locked

Nana, I'm glad you're healing well...but Ifeel for you while you conviless. 'Maybe a nice long walk will wear you out so you can nap the time away??

Thea, you can't change the world around you. All you can do is change your responce to it. You might benifit from only watching the local news ...or no news... for a while. Focus on what you can fix and let the good Lord handle the rest.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:14 AM | Locked

Beautiful sunny day. We had two days of rain now, the sun is out again. Thank God for that. I get S.A.D. in the winter when it is dark and grey.

Woke up with cold and sore throat. Feel awful. This must be gone before Nan gets here. She wouldn't want to get sick for her big Hawaiian get-a-way. What a way to start the new year. In paradise. Lucky lady. And, luck little girl.

I contacted ADM. yesterday, to cancel my membership and stop emailing forums, totally. Well, guess what? I am still here. Guess nothing has changed. They emailed back that it had been done. Yep, I see that. DUH! I just feel like my opinions are not looked on kindly, by many here. And, I really understand that. I tend to speak what I see as thuth. My sister once told me to stop giving people my opinions.I told her that I have a right to them and she said I have also a right to NOT voice them.  Guess I should have listened.

My New Year's resolution is to keep my opinions to myself. Be kind and loving. So. there ya go. A fuzzy me. You might want to run for the hills!!

Have a wonderful day. Christmas is almost here. One more week. How scary is that if you are not done?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:24 AM | Locked

chocake2:
or no news... for a while. Focus on what you can fix and let the good Lord handle the rest.

CC, that is exactly what I have been doing since the day after the election.

Thanks for reminding me that I only have a week till Christmas and no I am not done. But, like the news thing, I am learning that I can only do what I can do and stressing about it does not change a thing. So, I will get what I can done and we will be just fine. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,180
Points 253,252
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:32 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I tend to speak what I see as thuth.
Sukochi, I learned a long time ago to use the golden rule and if i felt what I was going to say would hurt me if it was said to me - then I don't say it - I do though speak the truth but I only truly speak out when something bothers me so much that I am stressing about it.  I also read what I right before I post it just to make sure that what I am saying is what I want to say - cuz sometimes with my ramblings it just doesn't come out the way I want to.

I don't think anyone would be happy not to see you here - I definitely look for your posts each day!  So please - stay around... if you say something that hurts me - you will know it as I will tell you - but other then that - I wouldn't worry about it - every one here has short memories ... we like each other!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

Thanks, Thea. Hope you are feeling well today.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 11,690
Bev replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:52 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

I contacted ADM. yesterday, to cancel my membership and stop emailing forums, totally. Well, guess what? I am still here. Guess nothing has changed. They emailed back that it had been done. Yep, I see that. DUH! I just feel like my opinions are not looked on kindly, by many here. And, I really understand that. I tend to speak what I see as thuth. My sister once told me to stop giving people my opinions.I told her that I have a right to them and she said I have also a right to NOT voice them.  Guess I should have listened.

My New Year's resolution is to keep my opinions to myself. Be kind and loving. So. there ya go. A fuzzy me. You might want to run for the hills!!

Don't know what the above is about but keep those opinions coming. I love reading your post. There is always something there that makes me smile or giggle and you know what they say "laughter is the best medicine" .  

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,662
Points 49,385
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:55 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I contacted ADM. yesterday, to cancel my membership and stop emailing forums, totally

No No No NO NOOOOOOO   Not acceptable.  You are just way too much fun and such a big part of this family, you CAN'T leave us, Sukochi!  Drink some tea and take a nap... get over that cold fast, it's messing with your thinking!

xoxo

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:37 PM | Locked

Bev :

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Don't know what the above is about but keep those opinions coming. I love reading your post. There is always something there that makes me smile or giggle and you know what they say "laughter is the best medicine" .  

Ditto Bev

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:38 PM | Locked

I wear my feeling on my sleeve so I have changed shirts. But, you are right about the nap. and the cold. I feel awful and AM going to lie down now.

Thanks for you lovies, Miss D-Do.

(((HUGS)))

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:38 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I contacted ADM. yesterday, to cancel my membership and stop emailing forums, totally

No No No NO NOOOOOOO   Not acceptible.  You are just way too much fun and such a big part of this family, you CAN'T leave us, Sukochi!  Drink some tea and take a nap... get over that cold fast, it's messing with your thinking!

xoxo

Ditto Debbie, too.

Page 292 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 290 291 292 293 294 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.