Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 284 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 282 283 284 285 286 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:18 PM | Locked

Well, I think I figured out my issue.  Instead of sewing like a quilter, I have to think like a curtain maker.  I will have to say that these will be my last 188" long curtains...ever...Fixed the puckering issue after ripping out 188" of sewing and instead folding the top fabric (which is nylon) over itself and onto the backing and sewing it down.  

I did that only after I spent a couple of extra hours with my son.  My heart is smashed for those in Conn. and my prayers are constantly with them. ...

Well, there is more curtain to do.  Love to all.

Brandy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:36 PM | Locked

Thea:
When she was young and medicare and social security were set up - you paid in and when you turn 65 there was no cost as you paid this cost as you were working during your life.  

Then she is old enough to have paid in for several years.  Medicare started in 1966.  Part A was paid for by payroll tax, and covered most hospital, rehab, in-home care for set time periods.  It now covers more services than it did previously.  Part B was not, and is not now,  paid by payroll tax, but purchased by a premium.  Initially the premium was $3.00 a month.  Even then, part B only paid 80% of cost with the medicare beneficiary responsible for the rest.  

You are very right about one of the problems being that it is too complicated for many to understand.   And things change and many people don't understand the information they receive about changes, and many just throw the letters out.

The only way my husband and I can afford our insurance premium is through my work.  I don't work enough to get benefits, but my salary goes towards the insurance.  And when my COBRA runs out next fall, it will probably be much higher.  But you are right, I am fortunate.  I am able to work, and work enough to pay for our health insurance.   You are very fortunate to have the medical coverage that you do, paid for by your service to our country.   You earned every penny of it.

For those who qualify there is a program offered through most, if not all states,  called "medicare savings" that pays for the medicare B premium so that it is not withdrawn from the social security check.  When my father was no longer able to stay in his home, because of Alzheimer's, the house was sold to pay for his care. When that ran out, the state helped pay.   That my father's life savings and proceeds from his home went to pay for his care, is as it should be.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:30 PM | Locked

No sewing for me today :( I went to the dentist and ended up in emergency surgery. Owwww. I had an infected wisdom tooth, buried in bone, and the infectionhad spread to my jaw and nearby molar. Tonight I'm 2 teeth short of a full set and whoop-tee-doo for Vicodin!!!! OMGosh, thank you Lord for Vicodin. 

I opted for local anesthesia.  LOL. And during surgery, everything that could go wrong did.  An artery near the bone was weakened from the infection.... Let's just say it weren't perty.  This farm girl is glad she was a farm girl today!

Thea, your box arrived safely today but it won't be opened for a few days (sheepish grin that hurts on one side)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:52 PM | Locked

Oh, Christine, how awful for you. I am so sorry to hear that. But, thank the Lord you went in. Now, it's over and all that is left is, ouch, the risidual pain from the extractions. This too will pass. Don't get too attached to that Vicodin. That is not a BFF kinda drug. So sorry this happened. So glad it is all taken care of.

I will add you to my nightly prayers. Feel better tomorrow.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:55 PM | Locked

Shop Hoppers... I need help...I cant find the bunny in the Quilt studio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:57 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Oh, Christine, how awful for you. I am so sorry to hear that. But, thank the Lord you went in. Now, it's over and all that is left is, ouch, the risidual pain from the extractions. This too will pass. Don't get too attached to that Vicodin. That is not a BFF kinda drug. So sorry this happened. So glad it is all taken care of.

I will add you to my nightly prayers. Feel better tomorrow.

Thank you Sukochi, I felt the prayers!    Wasn't it House who was hooked on Vicodin?  LOL!  Fortunately the doc only gave me enough pills for 3 days, after that it's tylenol for me!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:01 AM | Locked

Kelley:

Shop Hoppers... I need help...I cant find the bunny in the Quilt studio

Click on pre-cut fabrics then "Over the Rainbow Batiks Jelly Roll by Laundry Basket Quilts".

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:15 AM | Locked

Oh my Gosh, Christine.  What a day in the life of......!  I hope you heal fast.  Did they give you an antibiotic to take too?  I think that should be part of your protocol --along with the vicodin.   Get better fast.  Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Christine, what a terrible ordeal to go thru. Gald you have the vicoden to help .I sure hope that takes care of the problems .  Take care of yourself. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:35 AM | Locked

Today has already been busy.  Made a fruit salad this morning for our Quilt Guild Christmas Party this afternoon.   We will be drawing ticket for raffle quilt as well.  Play a couple games and award door prizes.  Also show off our guild challenge....a quilt with a house incorporated somehow.  Could be a regular house, birdhouse, outhouse, or any other kind of house.  Should be fun to see everyone's quilts. 

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:42 AM | Locked

Get to go to DH's family Christmas today!  I love my in-laws!  It is such fun to see most everyone again.  We only get together once a year.  If all of us showed up there would be over 80 of us!  We rent the church hall in his home town and everyone brings something.  We have a gift exchange, women and men.  Lots of food and fun. 

Christine, praying for fast healing and less and less pain. 

Barbara, tooooo coooool you got a card from Mark!

Praying for all those in CT and their loss.  Words can't express, there are no words . . .

Everyone have the most wonderful day!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:43 AM | Locked

Diana, Sounds like a fun day to me.

I am still sitting here and watching the news about the horrific happening in our Country. I need to get away from this. But, feel compelled to stay and hear it.

I have lots to do. I just need to will myself to get up and DO it. I need to go clothes shopping. I need to get a quilt block made and mailed. I have another giuft that needs to be boed and mailed. I have Bible study tha tI am not three days behind on. But, here I sit.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

Trying to get my day started... but I seem to be getting derailed at every turn. The boys are gaining up  on me. LOL

Today is the company open house. Guess who's catoring it. The kids can't seem to figure out that MOM needs the kitchen. Everytime I start work, someone short pops up and crowds me out of my work space...usually taking the tool I need next along with them, and leaving me a mess to clean before I can proceed further. Then Sprout joins in ans starts fussing.  ' Good thing today's menu is pretty simple and I still have a few hours before I have to get out the door. I might be able to get everything done despite them. It is concievable...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 10:34 AM | Locked

Thea - Praying for you and your mom.  What a mess!   IF Medicare is still around when I get there, I will heed your advice and opt in

CC - How awesome of you to cater!  I did that a few times for my old church.  It was an experience!!

Christine - I am so sorry you had to go through the dental surgery and that there were so many complications.  Praying for your quick healing and recovery.

I'm a little behind.  I've been reading along and praying, but I'm a bad commenter from time to time.  Between the Connecticut horror (which, I cannot watch right now without grief taking over me) and finishing off the curtains (and I even made the optional panels for the study doors), well, I didn't get to bed until 3 this morning and I'm just beat.  Today I have to drop them off (in about 15 minutes actually) to him and then continue with the jersey quilt.   I still have other quilts to finish for my own Christmas gifts...and I have to run by the Post Office and send some fabric to someone so they can make a quilt for their nephew.  

And I just couldn't resist spending a few extra hours with my little man last night.  So worth the set backs.  My heart is just shattered, but I praise God that they are now in His arms and I know that He will comfort all who are still here and mourning.  Love and hugs to you all.

Brandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:54 PM | Locked

Christine, praying you feel much better today

Millbury, MA

Page 284 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 282 283 284 285 286 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use