Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 277 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 275 276 277 278 279 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,847
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

Dawn:
Have league bowling w/my Mom today and also it is treat day.
Oh Dawn - what fun that sounds like - I haven't bowled since 96.  We came back from Japan and I stopped bowling... sometimes I do miss it - it was a lot of fun.

Oh - I am so so so very tired of waking up in pain.  I was so tired last night - went to bed before DH got back from playing pool - he had to sub in the league last night - but my poor body had said enough was enough... I feel like I didn't sleep at all though - I am just so exhausted still and I ache everywhere... the pain is back in my chest full force and down my left leg so the sciatica nerve is pinched somehow again.  My eyes are dry and I am putting drops in them every 30 minutes - trying so hard not to rub them... that just makes it worse.  Oh will the next couple hours fly by so that this pain recedes... there must be an abundance of those real Christmas trees being sold here - so allergic to them - but love them so much - but alas can't be around one...  I am very very tired of being not 100% healthy.   

I have to get to the post office today to mail out 7 packages... then I will be done with Christmas packages for this year.  Have to stop at the Hallmark store and pick up a few little things for the house... and I have to continue wrapping the gifts that will go north with us... oh my did I go overboard in 2012 buying gifts for the kids... my oh my...so many cute little things I found hidden around the house... DH was absolutely amazed when he looked at the pool table...teehee...

I have still about 10 people I don't know whether they shipped or received Secret Santa - so yesterday started making some small hand made gifts - I won't be able to make anything large but will send a sweet little Christmas Pot holder in each package I have to put together - this is okay - I want all to have something special for signing up for this SS program this year - so don't worry - you will get a nice package... I will do my best and if anyone knows any of the names on the list that I am unsure of - please let me know.  I tried to check through and see all who sent and rec'd but I may have missed someone - I have sent out a couple emails to folks but those answered and had either shipped or received their gifts... so going to wait till Friday to send out anymore emails.  

Say a few prayers for me - I feel so lousy today - I hate Rheumatoid arthritis and truly wish they would find a cure for it.  It is so hard to live with each and every day.  Some day - some day!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:14 AM | Locked

Dearest Thea, I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this much pain today.  I do keep you in my prayers, but will say a couple extra for good measure.  You are so thoughtful and amazing to put together boxes for those you haven't heard from.  I wish I could volunteer to put one or two together, but it was nearly the end of me to put mine together and then ship it.  I'll be shopping a bit through out the year so my SS next year will be covered...and maybe (God-willing) I'll have the chance to send two.  :)

Another day at work for me.  It is Wednesday and it is already proving to be busy.  But I finally got my coffee in hand, breakfast eaten and water at the ready.  Continuing my efforts on the quilt tonight and I'll fall in bed, dead asleep sometime hopefully before midnight...which is in 15 hours.

God bless and have a wonderful day all!  ~Brandy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,028
Points 169,618
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:25 AM | Locked

Leslie :
Nancy, I still read the old fashion way, with a real book LOL. Your talking to a person who still refuses to get a cell phone

Get with the program Leslie!  I just bought the IPad mini and bought my first book last night, The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling.  :  ) 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,028
Points 169,618
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:31 AM | Locked

Thea, so sorry you are having so much pain today.  I'm sending extra prayers up for you.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:41 AM | Locked

Thea,  I feel so bad for you to be suffering so with RA .  Have you been treated with any of the biologics, such as methotrxate or enbel-- I can't think of the name of the others right now.  Many people have great success with them. 

They gave those to me a few years ago, but they didn't help. Since then they have decided that I don't have RA .  AT this moment they are saying polyarthritis rheumatica.  In other words I have the symptoms of many of the arthritises, including gout, but none of the tests come back positive, so they just treat the different symptoms as they occur.

You just seem to have so many pains that don't seem to be dealt with effectively.  I hate to see that in such a good person.   Just rest today while we pray for you.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:41 AM | Locked

Thea,  I feel so bad for you to be suffering so with RA .  Have you been treated with any of the biologics, such as methotrxate or enbel-- I can't think of the name of the others right now.  Many people have great success with them. 

They gave those to me a few years ago, but they didn't help. Since then they have decided that I don't have RA .  AT this moment they are saying polyarthritis rheumatica.  In other words I have the symptoms of many of the arthritises, including gout, but none of the tests come back positive, so they just treat the different symptoms as they occur.

You just seem to have so many pains that don't seem to be dealt with effectively.  I hate to see that in such a good person.   Just rest today while we pray for you.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

In hopes of finding one or two who want to participate,, I am posting here today. Last night I posted this message:

Good Evening, I have received a new message; I now have one spot open. If anyone would like a 2nd let me know through a PM, or here.
I will post in general discussion tonight.
Carolyn, Phyllis, Melody P, Louise, Marie (silverfox), Melissa, Barbara, Susan J, Tess, Bevclad X2, Bonita, Pat B, Greg, Pat (from Canada), Sue Jones, Tanya X2, Tracy & Caryl Anne X2
Have no fear we will be 20.
Have a great week!

Winter Swap 10x10 (I now have two openings life happens as we all know. to read about this swap follow the link and reply to me in a PM)  Please do not leave your sign up information here, I may never see it. Thanks, Have a great day.

Thea,. Please do not fret over my SS I do not need a thing; if by chance I do not receive a gift I will be fine with that. Truly just stay warm and I will pray for relief today. Each gift I purchased was a pleasure as it should be, sometimes things happen and as in our swap, last minute problems occur. You can not be responsible for other's short comings, and stress is a KILLER!  BTW an over the counter rub that works and dose not stink or stain, from my Kroger store Arthricream Rub it is temporary asprin free & has aloe, does what I need when sewing or reading. I sleep well after the rub down. the stinky stuff I LOVE and works for many hours contains EMU oil 100% can buy Blue Goo at Walmart $8, or EMU CREAM @walgreens $14.00

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:41 AM | Locked

sorry QCA said it went to moderation dbl posted. drats.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,847
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Caryl Ann - thank you so much and I will just say this once...teehee... those who as yet have not rec'd a gift via the SS program - will - I just have to wait a little while longer to allow their SS's time.  Some I know already are in the mail - everyone that I have contacted so far has shipped a gift and right after I contact them the gift is there... so I am waiting just till the end of the week and then I will send out emails to all those whom I am unsure whether they shipped their gift and if for any reason - it really doesn't matter - been unable to send a gift  - I have some things ready to send.  I may not have a quilt for those - as I don't think I can make many small quilts in that time frame - but gifts will be sent out.  I took on this responsibility knowing this and have no problems  doing it - those gifts may just be a little later... that is okay though...lol

Now, I had a window where the pain meds worked - it happens every day - they kick in and I am able to get out and move this body of mine... I got to the Post Office and mailed my Mailbox surprise packages - done - yippeee!  all those are on their way winging to those with birthdays this month that signed up... then - I also had to stop at Hallmark - my down fall for a store in town... found some really cute things - shamefull but got the elf on the shelf for my grand kids - really for me but I use them as an excuse...teehee... and went over to Hastings to find out if they knew when that French magazine would be on their shelves - this is a difficult thing - they can't find it...teeeheee - think they just want me to stop in each week - but I told him i'll try to bring the magazine back in later today and see if they can find it in the system... hope so that quilt that has 4 parts is the reason I bought it - and I don't get this excited about new quilts often...teehee...(all the time)...

So now back home and the meds are wearing off but I can't take any more pain meds till 2 p.m. doc says I can but I don't like too - I am dependent on them enough... so thank you for the prayers - they worked...

I got Jodie's gift winging its way to her... I found all sorts of rubber duckie things for her... they actually came out with a little rubber duckie measuring tape...she probably already has this stuff but it is fun to find it and send to her - she is just the bestest person and I thank her so much for her inspiration in wanting something like QCA on the internet and working hard and now we use it every day - I also got her a duckie scentsy buddy - they are the best - hers has a little raincoat on - and smelly stuff inside that made the box smell so good - the girl at the PO box could smell it - teehee - hopefully it will reduce in activity on the way... but it smelled good so maybe all the PO people will get a good whiff and smile...teehee

Now - have the feet up and resting before I start to sew here shortly - I am on block 4 of 6 of my MR - pressing the fusible on the fabrics... soon I'll have this part done - maybe I will get these last 3 done today - hmmmm - that is a lot of work - wish this was 5 years ago and I would be done..

Someone asked if I took the biologics for my RA - yes I did - I was on methotrexate - remicade - humira and enbrel... Enbrel was the last one - I went into remission while on it - my RA doctor left - so I was sent to another doctor - he said I didn't have RA - even though I have the medical records to prove I tested positive for it over 20 times and had been on the medication for over 10 years... I have been back and forth with this issue 3 times... the problems with being a retired veteran on tricare insurance - doctors don't accept this insurance - so sometimes you have difficulties - I did... I went through a deep depression at one time ... so now I have told them that I do not want to see any more doctors about this and we are maintaining my pain through pain meds and the fact that I can put my feet up and do nothing when I have to.

It is hard - but having been through this 3 times where my doctor has left and they have had to send me to a new doctor  it has just become to hard for me to do anymore - I got accused of doctor shopping which is so far from the truth - and why doctors don't believe your medical records is beyond me - why THEY don't trust other doctors is beyond me too - but they don't and some patients are hurt by it...

I am okay though and am living my life to the best of my ability - I do vent - and I am sorry that I seem to complain about my pain - but it is a part of my life - I do ask for prayers to get me through those times when I need that little extra lift and I do know they work - cuz just look at the results.  

So there is my story - and I am sorry for all those who have heard it before - teehee - we get so many new and wonderful members here... I love you all!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:57 AM | Locked

Thea, it never ceases to amaze me how you just keep putting one foot in front of the other and soldiering on! 

God Bless!

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,847
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:57 AM | Locked

Caryl Ann - thank you so much and I will just say this once...teehee... those who as yet have not rec'd a gift via the SS program - will - I just have to wait a little while longer to allow their SS's time.  Some I know already are in the mail - everyone that I have contacted so far has shipped a gift and right after I contact them the gift is there... so I am waiting just till the end of the week and then I will send out emails to all those whom I am unsure whether they shipped their gift and if for any reason - it really doesn't matter - been unable to send a gift  - I have some things ready to send.  I may not have a quilt for those - as I don't think I can make many small quilts in that time frame - but gifts will be sent out.  I took on this responsibility knowing this and have no problems  doing it - those gifts may just be a little later... that is okay though...lol

Now, I had a window where the pain meds worked - it happens every day - they kick in and I am able to get out and move this body of mine... I got to the Post Office and mailed my Mailbox surprise packages - done - yippeee!  all those are on their way winging to those with birthdays this month that signed up... then - I also had to stop at Hallmark - my down fall for a store in town... found some really cute things - shamefull but got the elf on the shelf for my grand kids - really for me but I use them as an excuse...teehee... and went over to Hastings to find out if they knew when that French magazine would be on their shelves - this is a difficult thing - they can't find it...teeeheee - think they just want me to stop in each week - but I told him i'll try to bring the magazine back in later today and see if they can find it in the system... hope so that quilt that has 4 parts is the reason I bought it - and I don't get this excited about new quilts often...teehee...(all the time)...

So now back home and the meds are wearing off but I can't take any more pain meds till 2 p.m. doc says I can but I don't like too - I am dependent on them enough... so thank you for the prayers - they worked...

I got Jodie's gift winging its way to her... I found all sorts of rubber duckie things for her... they actually came out with a little rubber duckie measuring tape...she probably already has this stuff but it is fun to find it and send to her - she is just the bestest person and I thank her so much for her inspiration in wanting something like QCA on the internet and working hard and now we use it every day - I also got her a duckie scentsy buddy - they are the best - hers has a little raincoat on - and smelly stuff inside that made the box smell so good - the girl at the PO box could smell it - teehee - hopefully it will reduce in activity on the way... but it smelled good so maybe all the PO people will get a good whiff and smile...teehee

Now - have the feet up and resting before I start to sew here shortly - I am on block 4 of 6 of my MR - pressing the fusible on the fabrics... soon I'll have this part done - maybe I will get these last 3 done today - hmmmm - that is a lot of work - wish this was 5 years ago and I would be done..

Someone asked if I took the biologics for my RA - yes I did - I was on methotrexate - remicade - humira and enbrel... Enbrel was the last one - I went into remission while on it - my RA doctor left - so I was sent to another doctor - he said I didn't have RA - even though I have the medical records to prove I tested positive for it over 20 times and had been on the medication for over 10 years... I have been back and forth with this issue 3 times... the problems with being a retired veteran on tricare insurance - doctors don't accept this insurance - so sometimes you have difficulties - I did... I went through a deep depression at one time ... so now I have told them that I do not want to see any more doctors about this and we are maintaining my pain through pain meds and the fact that I can put my feet up and do nothing when I have to.

It is hard - but having been through this 3 times where my doctor has left and they have had to send me to a new doctor  it has just become to hard for me to do anymore - I got accused of doctor shopping which is so far from the truth - and why doctors don't believe your medical records is beyond me - why THEY don't trust other doctors is beyond me too - but they don't and some patients are hurt by it...

I am okay though and am living my life to the best of my ability - I do vent - and I am sorry that I seem to complain about my pain - but it is a part of my life - I do ask for prayers to get me through those times when I need that little extra lift and I do know they work - cuz just look at the results.  

So there is my story - and I am sorry for all those who have heard it before - teehee - we get so many new and wonderful members here... I love you all!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:15 PM | Locked

Have a wonderful day Dawn, it sounds like you have a lot of fun planned this week.

Dawn:
It is so fun to go shopping w/her and the kids.

I like to go with my daughter and Grandsons also. We are getting together on Fri to go Christmas shopping for my other daughters boys and we will have lunch and make a day of it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:34 PM | Locked

Today we are going to try to get the living room - dining room cleaned and the tree up so we can decorate it when my daughter and the kids get here. Hubby took the day off to help.. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,574
Points 36,060
ls2116 replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

I haven't decided how I'm finishing my mq7.  

SIL just called me said Dr. gave her two months to decide on rather she's doing chemo or meds, both or nothing at all ....

FIL is not eating or feeling well.  The Dr. will be coming back out.  He might be in hospital for holidays.

This is really different kind of year for all of us.

I'm trying to still enjoy the holidays but I just have to go with the flow this year.  I guess things can always be worse and I should thank god that I'm still here even to think about how bad things are but Ihave to stay optimistic.  I just don't take bad news well.  I kind of shut down and dwell. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

Just a quick note. Two Chicks Designs has some quilter's t_shirts on sale today only, 12-12-12, marked down from $17.oo to $7.99. They even have long sleved for $13.00. Great deal.

Went to Walmart, after our other erands, stopping at Krystal for a quick burger (for those up north, think White Castle), anyway, got to Walmar,t started gathering the goods. I went to look for printer ink, squated down, cause, what I use is on the bottom shelf at floor level. As soon as I got all the way down, my gut let GO!!! I have never been so embarrassed in my LIFE. Jim says "Oh, just go to the restroom and clean up." Right! On the way, 1/2 way across the store to the restroom, it just kept coming. I know everyone in the store could smell my plumbing problem. As, I made my way, people would cut in front of me, or drop something in my way. Finally, got to the restroom and my Lord, what a mess. Cleaned up what I could, and ran for the car. Called Lea, on the way home, and said I was cancelling our Chili dinner, for sure. I think I have the stomach flu, or food poinsoning! This is awful Too a shower and feel a bit better but the problem is NOT over.

Please say prayers for me. Pray that, someday, they will let me back in Walmart!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 125
Page 277 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 275 276 277 278 279 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use