Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 249 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 247 248 249 250 251 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Barbara:

going out for a playdate with my good friend Bernie ,today.will be a nice change ,we hit the thrift stores and go out for lunch.  whluld be fun. Barbara

Oh Go

.odie. We all know that if Barbara is in the thrift stores, she'll be coming home with something wonderful! I can't wait to see what treasures she un-earths today!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 10:27 AM | Locked

Is2116, I hope you are able to get some sewing in. I know how it is when DHs are home!

Barbara, I hope you have a wonderful day, just relax and enjoy your friend!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 10:56 AM | Locked

Brandy, I love the moustache quilt.  :)  Please post pics when you can!

Barbara, Enjoy the thrift shops!  Sounds like a fun day.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Well I just spent about an hour trying to hook up the DVD to the TV, we bought a new TV cause our other one went out over the weekend - they seem to be harder to hook up than they use to, or I'm way slower than I use to be... LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:44 AM | Locked

Brandy, your mustache quilt is really cute, looking forward to the pictures.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 12:13 PM | Locked

Just saw this on FB, sounds like a good idea to me... 

StandUp2Cancer

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 12:59 PM | Locked

Duplicate post

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 12:59 PM | Locked
Quiltless:

Without a computer for 2 months?  I think that qualifies as a hardship these days.

For Sure! At first I didn't miss it, then I started wanting to check out various sites, check in here or FaceBook. I began to feel left out. So now I'm really getting an overload.

SPUD: We will meet up @ a retreat somewhere, sometime. That's a given.

DONNA B: Back Surgery? ---- Gosh - Glad you are doing so well. I'd love to catch the Oregon Coast Retreat. I'll just have to watch and see how recovery goes.

MNNANCY: I'll be throwing in my two-bits worth, I'm sure.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,441
Points 243,597
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 1:58 PM | Locked

Today - what am I doing today!!!  Well first off I read my little plaque on the wall that says - Good morning... this is God. Today I'll be handling all your problems.  ...so sit back, relax, and leave everything to me.  So I will and I did...teehee...

the phone has been ringing off the wall - DDIL first - Christine - DDIL - lol - then I sat down and wrote out the checks for Mom's bills, went on line and paid mine.  Paid some on my DS and DDIL's so they could go out and buy some groceries - she lost 3 of her day care kids - the ones the state pays for and the friends whose children she watches are a month behind... I told her to be careful - money and friendships are hard to work with - she says she is tough and will tell them - she needs to feed her family too.  I didn't mind helping out... what are Mom's for???

Then yesterday I got my first Baltimore BOM Autumn block and got it all ready to go.  It is all on the background - now to satin stitch the pieces down and do the small amount of hand embroidery that goes on the block - it is so pretty... I am excited about this quilt...lol... I get excited about all of them but this one I want to make to put on my bed for those special occasions.It is my type of Baltimore with animals and the fall colors - so so pretty - this block has rabbits and pumpkins and leaves and berries on it - I have to hand embroider the stems for the berries... I love it though - and I have to put the eyes on the bunnies... it is pretty though.  I'll post a picture after I get all the satin stitch work done.

I then got the quilt tops out of the box and looked them over real good to make sure I had pressed them good to send to Christine.  I love the friendship we are developing and can't wait to get started on her civil war quilts.  I had never worried about how I pressed things before to go out as I was quilting my own quilts - so paying extra special attention... I am hoping that the seams stay pressed... the pressing demons have to stay out of the box...teehee...

So first of the month - tomorrow I know - but the bills for then are all taken care of - so now I get to look and see if I have any money to play with...teehee... I did have a batting order that needed to be placed - now that I have someone that is going to quilt my quilts for me making quilts for her all those bats are flying off my shelf - teehee... that is okay -- all those quilts are screaming with joy - they have been hanging some of them in that closet waiting their turn for 5 years... oh my ... I told her I had almost 20 tops ready to be quilted... I think the # is lower then that right now as I have been diligently the past couple years trying to quilt some of my quilts up myself.  

Time to sign off - shoulders just gave me one of those screaming pains that says enough - you need to rest in your chair... so off to the chair...

Love you all - Happy quilty hugz to all...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

Clare:

Frances:
As for hobbies i think ive solved the problem get someone to teach her origami, then she can use toilet paper to make it with and reuse it after solves the problem of not spending money and gets her off of your back in one move.

Frances, next time I a read a post from you I will make sure that I'm not having a scotch at the same time! This cracked me up & I managed to spray my screen with scotch, you have one warped mind & I like it! lol

Clare,

Im sure i dont know what you mean, i was just trying to help CCs aquaintance utilise her obvious talent.

Seriously though Clare most of the others already know i have a warped sense of humour this will be no surprise to any of them, although im pretty sure im still sweet and innocent.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,441
Points 243,597
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

forgot to add - I got the deluxe bobbin winder in the mail today - yummy - I got it from fabric.com on the black friday sale for $30 - I love it.  loved the price a lot have been wanting to buy this for 2 years but at $100 nope but $30 - that was great - it works way better then the little one that I loved too... yummy day today.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Thea said: Then yesterday I got my first Baltimore BOM Autumn block and got it all ready to go. It is all on the background - now to satin stitch the pieces down and do the small amount of hand embroidery that goes on the block - it is so pretty... I am excited about this quilt...lol... I get excited about all of them but this one I want to make to put on my bed for those special occasions.It is my type of Baltimore with animals and the fall colors - so so pretty - this block has rabbits and pumpkins and leaves and berries on it - I have to hand embroider the stems for the berries... I love it though - and I have to put the eyes on the bunnies... it is pretty though. I'll post a picture after I get all the satin stitch work done.

Oh no Thea, you know what happens when you post a picture, you posted a picture of your one block wonder what happened i had to buy the book, you posted a picture of Sew spooky what happened ive had to buy the pattern, you are definately a bad influence on my bank account LOL:)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,870
ls2116 replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 2:12 PM | Locked

I just found out my sil had partial mastectomy this week thats why i had bad turnout for thanksgiving they were witholding info from people! I guess i'm not sewing much today.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

IS, If this ruined your Thanksgiving, you need to take another look at the word "thanksgiving".  Perhaps, this decision saved her LIFE. And, maybe she was very emotional about this and felt she did not want to share this most important choice with everyone.  Celebrate her LIFE, don't complain about your Thanksgiving not being perfect for YOU.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 3:20 PM | Locked

I've been paying bills today too. Now I have the two-toothed terror taking care of the shreddables for me. I don't know what I did before I had his help!

He grabbed my mug of HOT cocoa a bit ago while he was on my lap. I'd never have dreamed those fast fingers could reach it, but they did, and I have a nice burn on my hand to prove it. Better me then him!

And speaking of the little speed demon, I gotta share this

I wish you all could hear his happy squeaks and chuckles when he does something that pleases him. LOL

And here's my handsome son all ready for an outing. Dontcha just love the hat!?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 249 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 247 248 249 250 251 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use