Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 223 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 221 222 223 224 225 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,770
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:28 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Debbie, I have tried to follow in your footsteps, but I just never find those kind of estate sales around here.  I swear Minnesota women are buried with their fabric!

Nancy, good ones like these are few and far between and to have two on the same weekend!!  Saturday couldn't come fast enough for me!  Do they list estate sales in the newspaper there?  Have you tried Craigslist?  I've seen them listed there also.  My goto is estatesales.net.

Spud, I think I'm more excited about the books than the fabric this time.  There were plenty left behind and I have half a mind to call and see if there are any left  and can I but what's there ...(the other half of my mind is telling me I have enough).  LOL

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:39 PM | Locked

Ok, Miss Debbie, you make me itch. I have never seen a sale like that and I used to go all the time. I guess Southern women are buried with their fabric, too.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

Whew! I finally caught up with all of you.  Too much has happened on here for me to even contemplate trying to make comments.  That's what happens when you don't get on the computer but maybe once a week.  :o(

I will answer Sukochi's inquiry as to whether I will be going to Branson though.  NOPE - kind of hard to get more time off from work since Dave and I always plan to trips a year just to get away.  We already have a trip planned for May to Edisto Island, SC.

I've been busy at work - picked up a few extra days when others couldn't make it to work.  I keep thinking it will slow down as people should pretty much have their supplies purchased for Christmas sewing projects by now but we are staying busy.  On off days, I have been working on trying to get Christmas gifts done.  Having struggles with Celeste's big knitting tote.  Sewing through four layers of Inn-Control is a challenge.  Thought that I finally got the side seams done only to discover that a lot of the inside fabric didn't get caught in the binding along one of the side seams, so I will have to rip that one all out and try again.  UGH!  At least the placemats, table runners and aprons I made went together with no problems.  Ordered "potato" fabric today for the bakers that I want to make since we are out of it at the shop and won't be getting any in soon.  I found cute peelers and brushes with Mr Potato Head handles at a kitchen supply place so I just HAD to get the stuff to make some bakers to go with them  :o)  

Working on getting Christmas cards addressed in the evenings.  I got our letter done and Dave fitted it to my Santa paper.  I will be working the Fri. and Sat. after Thanksgiving so our tree won't be going up on the day after Thanksgiving like it usually does.  We already have four Christmas gatherings on the calendar for Dec. plus I have to get by the doctor as I need new prescriptions for Lipitor and Synthroid.  Joy, joy.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:47 PM | Locked

Wow Debbie!!!!  that is quite a haul.  I guess finding estate sales is like the lottery -- you can't find them if you don't read the paper, etc.  just like you can't win if you don't buy a ticket.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,633
Points 52,340
Ginny replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:01 PM | Locked

Thank you Bonita for your birthday wishes.  I have had a very full day.  Went to church this morning, had birthday cak and coffee there, came home and my youngest son came over and made me a meal with venison stap-like filet mignon- with rosemary roasted potatoes and fresh peas. Yum yum!  My daughter came over and wanted to take me to lunch--but with an early dinner planned that wouldn't work.  She also got me an electric grill to cook my meat on during the winter.  My daughter called from Oregon.  She is going to Wyoming with her late partners family to be with the daughter in law's sister for the holiday.  She hasn't seen her sister in 11 years and invited my aughter to come also.   I think that is soo neat.  My one great granddaughter tried to call me but I was on the phone with my daughter at the time.  I will call her back shortly.  Oh,oh nd my son put my bed back together for me. It has set down on the floor since my surgery when I couldn't get up into it.  I have wanted it put back together for a couple of months as I was now having some difficulty getting up off of it when my arthritis flared.  Hope I remember it is up in the air when I get up to potty in the middle of the night.   All in all a really great day.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:07 PM | Locked

My goodness Marge I'm tired just reading about what you have been up to...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,690
Points 248,772
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:10 PM | Locked

Wow Deb - quite a haul - I never even look at estate sales - I should but that would mean I would have to get the paper - teehee - don't do that either - get my news on the tv news channels - one of these days I might get smart - with as many quilters as this town has and they all go to the estate sales there wouldn't be anything left for me to find... but that is okay...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:00 PM | Locked

I have been gone quite a bit here lately and havn't been able to keep caught up.

the school where my grandaughter goes to got into the state Volley ball games.  She is a freshman, but got on the team.  I went to the games with my daughter and son-in-law.  Oh my what fun we had. 

there was a fabric wharehouse there and also a quilt shop.  The fabric wharehouse was having a sale and I got some cute Christmas fabric.  there also was a quiltshop there and i got a charm pack and another jelly roll (i really needed it). 

we also found some really neat shops that had so much neat stuff in.  While we were shopping we saw a lady and her daughter that we knew.  She told us of another store off of the main street that we should not miss, so we checked that out too.  Oh my it had the most gorgeous stuff in it.  It was all decor.  When we went in they gave su a cup of cider that was so good.  The store actually had two stories and there were about 23 Christmas trees in there all decoragted.  there were candles and purses and vases and wall hangings and all kinds of stuff in there. Lots of knick nacks.  Everthing from owls to peacocks to trains to chickens.  You name it they had it! What a fun place to look.  I did end up buying some of the spices for the cider. 

then the best part of the weekend was that my granddaughters team won the tournament.  that was awsome!  My granddaughter got to go in the game and play for a little bit the first night.  thagt was so cool that she played in a State tournament when she was a freshman.  i think almost the shole town where she gos to school was there.  the place was packed.  it was sure fun to see all the young people cheering and having such a good time.

I had such a great time, but am glad to be home.  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:14 PM | Locked

Congradulations on your lucky finds, Deb!

Way to go to your DGD Pearl.

I got more time on my torch today. I focused mostly on seasonal beads today. I thought they'd make cute charms on Christmas packages... but looking at them now, I am thinking that they'd be a fun addition to a quilted advent tree! If I only could find the time to make one... 

Dh looked at the 2 part  baby/kid beads  and said that he thought I should make Grandma a charm pin featuring each of the kids.  Looks like I'll be going back to the torch again before Christmas. Just as well since i just had an idea for making a teddy bear bead that I wanna try...

Anyway, here are my most recent efforts, ready for the kiln and cleaning.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,280
Angele replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:40 PM | Locked

Patti, those are very pretty.  Good luck with your bazaar sales.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,633
Points 52,340
Ginny replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:45 PM | Locked

Oh look!  CC made a glass bead likeness of Sprout.  I still like the blue and whie thimble.  And yes, those beads would look good on a quilted Christmas tree.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:58 PM | Locked

LOL. Thanks Ginny. I make "baby" beads regularly...ever since the last weeks of my pregnancy when I had a bad case of baby on the brain.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

CC, very cute love the babies

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,280
Angele replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:11 PM | Locked

Cc those beads are adorable, especially the snowmen...my favorites. Reindeers and Santas are cute too.  Your thimbles are getting better and better.  Oh how I admire your talent! 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:13 PM | Locked

Pearl:
I had such a great time, but am glad to be home.  

What fun Pearl, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 223 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 221 222 223 224 225 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use