Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 207 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 205 206 207 208 209 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,055
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:17 AM | Locked

Nana,  I am with you.  It is very scary to have surgery on your back and neck.  I agree with all.  Get a second opinion, please..  I didn't when I had my 2nd back surgery and regret it.  I tried to get in with a very well known surgeon who specialized in back surgery, but when I asked his nurse scheduler if it were possible to have a minimally invasive procedure.  They refused to see me.   Lesson learned.    Then again when I developed my phrenic nerve injury, I was sent to a well-known neurosurgeon at the university.  When he told me he couldn't guarantee he could improve my condition and might make it worse,  I declined any further treatment and now I just live with being short of breath...which is a lot less uncomfortable than the pain you are having.   But I would go with the surgery.  I have several friends that have had that surgery and are doing fine.    I know how scary it is to think of it.  Take some time and learn what your alternatives may be.    Good luck.  You are certainly in my prayers.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:35 AM | Locked

Nana, you've gotten good advice here so take your time in deciding.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:40 AM | Locked

Gini, how nice, a date, how romantic!  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:42 AM | Locked

Agnes, I'm glad your DS was able to fix your sewing machine.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:09 AM | Locked

Nana, My Thoughts and Prayers are with you ,in making your tuff decision.  You really need to talk to 'Thea, She has had this same surgery done. She could give your some good insights. Just a suggestion.  You know as a nurse this is a decision you want to take your time making. ,but then again ,you are the only one who knows just how badly you are hurting.  Love ya .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

nana, Jim had a fusion of L4-5. I know that is the lower spine but this is just food for thought. His did NOT fuse. Some think it was the surgeon, other say some fusion fail sometimes.. He went to a renowned Neurosurgeon at Emory University Hosp. in Atlanta. Jim asked him if it was HIS spine, would he have it done again and he said "No way!". Moral of this story. Go to a Medical University Hosp. and get a top surgical opinion. Even if you have to fly to get there. Tell your Doc that its is a serious thing (which he should know) and you wan an opinion from one of the Best in the Country. It is worth the time and expense!!

Now, Nan's new dogs, Butch and the Sundance Kid, have left the building!! She put them out last night, has a fenced yard all the way around, and when she went to check on them 5 mins later.....they were GONE. She said they are so friendly and will come to anyone. She was to have them microchipped this week. They did have collars on with the info from the NC shelter. Pray that whoever got them will contact the shleter and not just keep them. Nan is just broken hearted. She even had the police looking for, them during the nigh,t while on their regular patrols. She and the fam searched everywhere, even followed the creek.  Here is just lost beloved Montgomery and now to have lost her new doggies. So sad. Pray for their safe return.

Have worked on Genealogy for three days striaght. Sewing today. Can't do that anymore then week. It makes my poor brain tired, my neck hurt, and my butt hurt from sitting in the hard kitchen chair. Have to finish my Secret Santa and get some finishing details on the Maibox Surprises for Dec. which is the last even as Adm. wouldn't contact Leslie about continuing it. So, that's my day.

Gini, we used to do the date thing, every now and then, lunch and a movie. Movies are cheaper before 5!! Haven't done that in so long. Economy hit us. We are going down, tomorrow, to the next largest city. I need a new purse. So we will go to Belks. Payday!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Nana, That is quite a fusion he is talking about - did he tell you about what a fusion that large will do to the mobility of the neck?  Are they talking about putting a cage in and if not, why not?  Is there no chance that they can cut the nerves there to stop the pain?  Is there an actual reason for the fusion if the discs aren't blown and if not why are you doing it?  The only reason my neurosurgeon says that you should replace and fuse a disc is if it is blown which was the case for me when I had the two that are fused discs done... both had completely blown - if it is just bulging - or if it is just pinched then there are many other things that they can do besides do a fusion... so many exercises that can be done... plus the injections... plus sever those nerves and cauterize them - which is a problem in itself as they have to do many many tests to determine exactly which nerves are the ones that are causing the problem.  It can be done though!  

I don't like the fact that this doctor said that the only way to get rid of the pain is to do a fusion of all those discs...scary to me!

I have talked to my doctor and am probably going to head to the emergency room this afternoon after Jay gets home from work.  I had to take my car in to be worked on this morning so have no transportation...I was doing a lot better yesterday - only had to take my pain meds twice for my arthritis pain - it for once is behaving itself.  I did start having pains in the chest when I got home from dropping my car off and took my b/p and it was elevated and my pulse was high... I took it again and it was much lower and my pulse was way low for me...teehee... but then took it again and it was elevated again after I had moved around - 

So I did make the call for all who were on me to do it and my doctor will see me tomorrow at 4 or I am to go to the emergency room today if I feel it necessary.  I just don't know - I hate to be the person who goes and really has no reason to go.  

the nurse told me that they really don't take to much credence in the home b/p cuffs - my question is why do they tell us to get them then???  she may have been trying to keep me calm and not have an anxiety test...I am worried - but not overly yet!

For those who mentioned some other things... no gall bladder left in my body - gone in 99 ... no appendix ... gone in 85... hysterectomy in 99... 

I have had over 100 surgeries - so have a latex allergy ... yes 100 surgeries - had endometriosis until the hysterectomy... then my body started attacking the rest of my body - sometimes wish we had never done that but at least now I am not in the hospital every 6 months... 

I am staying quiet as much as possible which besides being on monitors is what they would have me doing in the hospital... I do promise though if this gets worse that I will go in... I just really hate hospitals and do not want to go... 

I have started taking a bayer aspirin a day like Barbara told me too - so am listening... just really am asking for your prayers that I do not have to go to the hospital and that this goes away and is just nothing to worry about!

I am reading most of the posts but it is tiring to post right now - so wonderful quilty thoughts for all of you - stay quilty warm - it is in the 20s here this morning and our high is supposed to be in the 40s - I want those 80s from Saturday back...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Nana, hugs and prayers are coming to you from my direction too.

Gini, I got invited to go see Bond this week too. Dang it all, DH refused to stay home and babysit while I went out with another guy. I just don't know what's wrong with that man... 'Guess I'll just have to wait for it to come out on video. *sigh*

I'm thrilled to report that I have fully resstored my first solo fossil!  I finished it yesterday. Patting myself on the back for that little  contribution to science. LOL  Of course I dreamed of that darn rock last night and got so wrapped up in it that I ground my teeth. I  woke up with a very stiff jaw and  a new chip on one of my molars. I wonder if workers comp covers dental trama from work related dreams?

I the got pieces cut for 4 more blocks for the quilt I'm working on and Hope to get them stitched today .  When I finish them, I am plotting to turn the whole mess over to the rightful owner and tell her to assemble them into a top herself. If she wants to "make" this quilt, by gum, she oughta be making it! Besides she keeps sending me e-mails lamenting that she's stuck at home with her ailing husband and bored to tears yada-yada.

Happy sewing ever'body!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:45 AM | Locked

Good morning all. Its another gloomy overcast day here. I got the MQ7 cut out yesterday so I hope to make the labels today. I hope you all have a great day. (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Good morning all. Its another gloomy overcast day here. I got the MQ7 cut out yesterday so I hope to make the labels today. I hope you all have a great day. (((HUGS)))

Good morning to you too Spud and everyone else in QCA-land.  It's not so gloomy here, in fact it is snowing...lightly.  It was suppose to be done with that yesterday, but you know those weather guys...  Anyway, I am not leaving for Spokane until noon, and I am sure the snow shower will be done by then.  Can't wait to see my QCA friends on Thursday.  Lots of T & P's for Nana!   And Nana, you listen to everyone about getting a second opinion before you make your decision!  {{{{HUGS}}}}

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:01 AM | Locked

Donna, you all have a wonderful visit - I'm so jealous! You keep each other out of trouble :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

Nana, sending Thoughts and Prayers your way. A tough decision for you to make but only you know how much pain you can live with.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

Thea, I hope it's a baby bayer aspirin you are taking.  I'm worried about you, please go to the emergency room, better to go and not have a reason than the alternative.  You've waited long enough girl! Thoughts and prayers coming your way.  Jay, hurry home and force her in the car if you need to! 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:44 AM | Locked

Marie, I just talked to Thea ,she doing good right now and she has talked with her Doctor she is not doing anything but resting and is waiting for jay to get home ,which will be a 2 pm our time.  I will kepp you posted on what I hear , I'm going to get back with her later today and see how she is doing.

Now I want to let you know I finally got your quilt sandwiched and I'm ready to get going on it,just have one project to finish up first for my SS and then I done. you quilt is just beautiful and I love your colors trying to make up my mind on which color thread to use on it ..LOL   Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:53 AM | Locked

Thanks for the update on Thea, Barbara.

Barbara, now you've gotten me all excited about my quilt, I can't wait to see what you do with it.  I know it will be beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Page 207 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 205 206 207 208 209 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use