Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 206 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 204 205 206 207 208 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

gini:

we probably should be doing this PM, jacy

Gini, sent you a PM

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:56 PM | Locked

gini:

how's your applique coming along, maggie

w

I did another celtic block like the one at retreat and plan to put it with the Country Cousins blocks I've done for my DDIL's Xmas Quilt.  Have you ever tried making your own celtic patterns?   There sure aren't too many books in lqs or fabric stores. \

Still have to put the blocks together for my DS's Xmas quilt but have to border it.    This is my first night taking care of the 4 little grands.  Mom and Dad are taking a 4-day mini vacation for their anniversary!  Had to bring my sewing machine for DGD to work on.   She loves to sew and wants to start making xmas gifts for her sibs and parents. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:01 PM | Locked

Donna

I want to come to the party too.   I could really use some fun and friends right now.  Had my dr's appt today.   He says the only thing left that he can offer for the pain in my neck and shoulders is cervical fusion from C4 to C6.  A little worried as to weither I am making the right decision or should I just learn to deal with the increase in pain .   Can you tell I am a little scared about making this decision.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:12 AM | Locked

Ahh gees, you need a big hugg right now, this very minute... I would be scared about that too!  Wish you could be with us!   We will be thinking of you...  I am assuming you have osteo degeneration in that area?  That really sucks!!! 

Have you gotten a second opinion? I definitely would do that before you give the OK for fusion surgery.   I know it sounds crazy to tell a RN this, but would you consider acupuncture?  If I was facing cervical fusion, I think I would really consider it.  I have heard that in some cases they can provide amazing relief.  But I live in an area where even the MDs are very accepting of alternative medicines.   I've often wondered if it hadn't been a cyst, if I would have let them operate on my back...but I'll never know 

Wish I could give you a hug tonight, and tomorrow too... I'll be say a special prayer for you, 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:13 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna B:
Oh good, we're gonna have a party, we're gonna have a party!!!

Feeling jealous here...

Have a fun time, ladies!  Pictures?

Of course...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:14 AM | Locked

Nana:
I want to come to the party too.   I could really use some fun and friends right now. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could just transport ourselves from place to place? That would be so cool and we could get together with our friends whenever we wanted. :) Your in my thoughts and prayers Nana... (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:15 AM | Locked

the doc i worked for had the same area worked on, i don't remember the numbers.   he is a dentist and couldn't hold his head to work and his arm was going numb.  he had the surgery and didn't regret it a moment.  he was able to return to work on a limited basis in a few weeks  and full time after a couple of months.   it is scary, does the doc think it will relieve some or all of the pain?

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:26 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
Wouldn't it be great if we could just transport ourselves from place to place? That would be so cool and we could get together with our friends whenever we wanted.

Just like on Bewitched...lol!  I like your idea, Spud...we would all be in Nana's sewing room right now - having a big group hug and cry.  On second thought, she might not need the crying part...but tears are good for the soul, right?

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:34 AM | Locked

Donna B:
Just like on Bewitched...lol!  I like your idea, Spud...we would all be in Nana's sewing room right now - having a big group hug and cry.  On second thought, she might not need the crying part...but tears are good for the soul, right?

I was thinking  more Star Trek but Bewitched works too. LOL Your right about the tears, I cannot tell you have many I've shed... It would be nice to just be able to pop in and give Nana a hug, maybe our virtual (((HUGS))) will help a little Donna.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:41 AM | Locked

Nana,

Please get a second opinion. And not from one of your current doctor's friends.  It will take a little longer and you will have to deal with the issues for a little while longer, but it will help in your decision making process.

I've dilly-dallied making up my mind for about 25 years now.  Technology and techiques have improved a LOT in that time.  Maybe soon...

It's a difficult decision. Only you know how much your lifestyle is affected by how you are feeling now. In the meantime, I'll send you big gentle hugs! and keep sending you good thoughts.

One tip learned from experience: don't lean on your elbows...it makes the upper neck region tighten up and hurt more.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:46 AM | Locked

hi maggie, i can't wait to see pictures of your quilt.  yes, i've made my own celtic pattern, a small one.  it isn't hard, but time consuming.  you need to use graft paper.   patti had a good book with patterns,  maybe you could ask her for the name of it.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:50 AM | Locked

sam and i had a date night.   that doesn't happen often these days.  we went to see the new 007 movie, it was pretty good.    he thought that  since it was opening night, we should go early to get good seats.   we were there a half hour before the movie and were the first ones there.  imagine that on a snowy monday night in sandpoint, the parking lot was empty.  so much for the hoards.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 29,655
Agnes replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:32 AM | Locked

Maggie:
Have you ever tried making your own celtic patterns?   There sure aren't too many books in lqs or fabric stores. \

I haven't made any patterns. Heck, I haven't even done a Celtic Knot yet but that is my "new " technique to learn this winter. It will be trial and error, by myself. My thought on the pattern is to enlarge some continuous line quilt designs.

Hopefully later today I will get to sewing. Though I have managed a bit during the summer it still seems like forever since I have sewn. I have to finish putting everything up on the new shelves in the storage closet. Then I should be able to hear the machine purr. DS fixed the jammed part that occurred while I was moving it.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,577
Points 51,695
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:46 AM | Locked

Agnes,  How lucky you are to have your son be able to fix the jammed part on your sewing machine.   Whew!!    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 29,655
Agnes replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:59 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Agnes,  How lucky you are to have your son be able to fix the jammed part on your sewing machine.   Whew!!    Ginny 

It helps that I have a simple workhorse and not a shmanzy-danzy computerized machine. I might have been able to do it myself but I didn't have the manpower to loosen the screw that was part of the equation. Also, after using his favorite technique, "beating on it," he could manipulate it. As my machine is the type used in factories I would have had to have a service man make a house call. For the charge of what that bill would have been I can make a baby quilt.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 206 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 204 205 206 207 208 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use