Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 190 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 188 189 190 191 192 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Karla,

if interested I have an EQ7, I attempted to use it and did not like it. All the parts re there and book looks like new.  

Nm_tn@yahoo.com

let me know.

thanks

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:36 AM | Locked

gini:
great news from branson today.   the guy that embezzled all the money from the hotel is now in jail.

Is that part of why Sam had to make so many trips to Branson?  Did he have to testify?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:51 AM | Locked

Gini

The Branson news is great news.  Maybe Sam will be able to relax some now.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

he had to testify once before the grand jury and once today for the bond hearing.   he's been in branson running two hotels.  it is a huge job, trying to keep them full, trying to keep the workers happy and motivated,  catching up on deferred maintainence, paying off bills that should have been paid with the embezzled moneys, collecting money that hasn't been paid.   he had a church that tried to not pay him over $5000 dollars it owed.   he made a sign on  a piece of cardboard,  went and sat on their front steps on a sunday morning  holding up his sign, "your church owes me money" .  they paid him that day.   you've met sam he never shuts up and he's very resourceful.   people pay their overdue bills to get him off their door steps.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:59 AM | Locked

OMG , Gini ,I can just see Sam doing this . Good for him. I'm so gald he is getting these isuues taken care of maybe then he will not to spend so much time there. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:01 AM | Locked

gini, that is great news.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

Oh Gini that is so funny.  And I can see Sam setting on those steps with his sign.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

gini:
sat on their front steps on a sunday morning  holding up his sign, "your church owes me money" .  they paid him that day.   you've met sam he never shuts up and he's very resourceful.   people pay their overdue bills to get him off their door steps.

What a character! 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,460
Points 176,523
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:10 AM | Locked

gini:
people pay their overdue bills to get him off their door steps.

Good for him Gini!  I'm going to remember this in case I need his services to resolve a money problem.  Where was he when I had problems with the  I.R.S.  My tax man resolved that problem for me but it took a long time and many sleepless nights.  I had a zero balance when he was through, so turned out well.  Talk about frozen in time though!  Didn't accomplish much during that stretch.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:10 AM | Locked

The 'weather' has arrived here. They said we'd have heavy snowfall and temp drops late last night but it only just started snowing. It looks like November all of a sudden! It's a good day to curl up on the sofa with a big bowl of popcorn, a mug of hot cocoa and James Bond!

Sprout saw absolutely no reason to sleep last night. He was happy as a clam, as long as he was being held, but if I set him down and tried to get some sleep of my own, his objections were heard all over town. I think  the wind must have been bothering him. At anyrate, I crawled back into bed after I got the big kids off to school and slept for about an hour - feel a lot better after getting some sleep. That's one of the big perks to not having to go in to the office!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,337
Points 20,075
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:44 PM | Locked

Gini, Your husband's sign thing sounds hilarious and awesome.  Good for him.

CC, hope you're enjoying the snow.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,032
Thea replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:28 PM | Locked

Gini - good for Sam - he shamed them into paying - very good advertising he did - bet those members laid the law down to the officials of that church...

Oh what a day!  There is a weather system heading my way - my body has told me so today!  I did for the last 2 days get tons done - between getting my kitchen floor sparkling clean for a day and then yesterday working hard on SS#1.  I almost got it done last night - I have the bat border to do and then I am done... I did lots of quilting too and my body told me all about it when I woke this morning...

I couldn't even crawl out of bed - and my pain meds are kept in the living room - not next to my bed... and I was in tons of pain... the lower back nerves are pinched so it meant I needed my anti inflammatory and my pain meds... and that meant somehow I had to get to the living room and the kitchen.... Oh - if you could have heard me - telling my legs to move - left - then right - then left and right... they did not want to listen to me - nope they were telling me in no uncertain terms that they were very very upset with me... but I made it - 30 minutes later I had both meds in my grubby hands and about 90 minutes later I was able to get up and move... 

it feels like someone drills a hole into my left hip and puts a burning poker in there which sends a lightning bolt of pain every 10 seconds down my leg... today was I think the worst it has been in a long long time... 

When the pain receded so that I could do something - did I give my body a break today - heck no - teehee - I had been in my bedroom for so long this morning I noted all the things that needed to be done... so the floor got vacuumed and then steam cleaned and all the quilts that had been piled on the antique sewing machine got put away and the dirty clothes got moved to the laundry room along with a change of sheets and quilts for the bed... all the old dirty stuff has now been washed and put away... 

I will not put up with this body of mine misbehaving in this manner... and tonight I will make sure that I have a couple pain pills next to the bed.

I do not think though that I will be finishing that border on SS#1 today -hopefully tomorrow before the mail man gets here with the thread... I think I will give the lower back that much of a break...

Quilty hugz to all!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:53 PM | Locked

What am I up to today?  ...resolving credit card problems.  I was at the small local grocery store yesterday when my credit card was rejected.  I called Wells Fargo when I got home, and the card had been stopped due to suspicious activity.  Someone had been attempting to use our number, but they didn't have the expiration date or security code correct, so that triggered the alarm.  Wells Fargo was really good about it and had our new cards to us in 24 hours, but now I have to figure out which companies have been doing automatic billing to the old card (Amazon Kindle, for one) and get them notified of the change.

Gee, with us being fairly new to this small town, I hope the credit card rejection news doesn't make its way to everyone around...   ;-)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:13 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Gee, with us being fairly new to this small town, I hope the credit card rejection news doesn't make its way to everyone around...   ;-)

Since it is a small town Nancy, I'm guessing this statement was rhetorical LOL Seriously, I'm sorry about your card, that happened to us a couple of years ago and it is a royal pain.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:20 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
I'm guessing this statement was rhetorical LOL

Yep.  Did you see the wink in the smiley?

Page 190 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 188 189 190 191 192 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use