Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 185 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 183 184 185 186 187 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

Gini, I should add prayers going out for a healthy baby and healthy Mom.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:

He better like it!  He really challenged you with this one and you made a quilt he should cherish.  ONE focal fabric should be all - maybe 2, but not as many as he picked!!!

That is true Marsha, that is why the rest of the kids did not get as many choices :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:59 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Just back from a quilt retreat.  Look at the cute chicken pincushions we made!

Those are adorable Nancy...so cheerful!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

Good morning everyone, I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm off to get a few groceries and then going to vote. I hope I have time when I get home to work on the labels for the remaining grandkid's quilts. It is looking to be a beautiful day here the sun is so bright I can see how dirty my windows are LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:06 AM | Locked

Thanks Spud  good morning to you as well .  I'm going to go vote a little later this afternoon , Its so good to now that after today no more phone calls and no more of those TV commercials .Gee it will be so nice..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:19 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
the sun is so bright I can see how dirty my windows are LOL

Me too spud.  Enjoy the next couple of days. I see that by Saturday, You Gini and I will be in the fridged zone.

Came home sick today. Feeling a bit under the weather.  Don't think I will make it to quilting tonight we'll have to see.

was hopping to get MQ7 cut out tonight

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,736
Points 66,660
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:30 AM | Locked

Gini,           that's good news about the new baby. Best wishes for Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandad. Eight will be great.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,736
Points 66,660
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:32 AM | Locked

Nancy, cute chickens. I have one someone gave me a long time ago. I like that they're nice and heavy and stay put when using them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

Wendy, feel better soon.

Nan and Maddie are on the road again, this time to get the shaggy dogs. They were so excited. I just hope Nan drives carefully. Travel prayers needed. Will take over 8 hours just to get there. They are driving clean from TN to the end of NC, on the ocean side. Wilmington. Not sure I would go that far and then pay $400. for two dogs. I couldn't afford that.

Sunny, but nippy out this a.m. Went to take my walk and only made it to the top of the driveway. Misting rain and high loft winds blowing pretty hard. There are dead trees all along our road. DIdn't want to be on TV having been killed by a tree.

Have a warm quilty day.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:05 PM | Locked

Donna:

Those chickens are too cute!  Can you share the pattern?

It's not my pattern to share, but I found others like it online.  Just google "chicken pin cushion."  Here's one, for instance.

http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/2012/03/02/spring-chickens/

You can vary the size.  We made ours with two six-patch blocks which we sandwiched and quilted before assembly.  We stuffed poly batting into the corners before filling with crushed walnut shells.  Tip: don't buy this filling at quilt shops - it's much cheaper at pet stores in the bird section.  Then we used colorful yarns for the head and tail.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:07 PM | Locked

Bonita:
Cute chickens. I have one someone gave me a long time ago. I like that they're nice and heavy and stay put when using them.

Exactly!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:29 PM | Locked

Well, i got the floors done in the kitchen and back living room - whew... they sparkle today!  I felt so bad yesterday that my Monday chores didn't get done - but they are done now and I even took the maple chairs around Grandma's table and cleaned and waxed them up - cleaned Auntie Bells chair that sets in front of the counter and Great Grandma Judd's chair that sets in front of the pantry door... The dirty cleaning cloths are in the wash on the allergen cycle to get them clean for the next time they are used.  The kitchen is sparkling so much I don't want anyone in there to get it dirty...teehee... I know that won't happen but for at least a couple hours I have a clean kitchen and floors.  

My headache didn't show up today when I woke up - so whatever was in the air that was causing my allergies to revolt has for a couple days subsided.  I haven't been outside today but it is sunny hear and appears to be a nice temperature as the rooms are nice and cozy.  

I am going to put the final border on Sew Spooky #2 today... that black 2.5" border that goes around - had forgotten about it and wondered why I had these 2.5" strips - wow then I remembered but it was too late last night and I was worn out.  I had blanket stitched all the bats - put their eyes on - sewn those borders together - put the stars on - blanket stitched them - did the corner stone stars and blanket stitched them... that was hour after hour - argh!!! why do I do this to myself - but when it was done and pressed I felt this sense of wonderful accomplishment.  So now, one more border to go on... Then i am going to make the backings for both and get them sandwiched and start the quilting process... that is unless the thread shows up today - I got notice a couple days ago that it was mailed and if it gets here then I go back to working on Rita's quilt.

I got a cute little book in the mail too that I am reading - "Paws for a morning with God"  Devotions best enjoyed in the company of your cat!  I'll be giving some excerpts that are cute from it as the days progress.  It is keeping me in smiles at the moment and asking my cats if this is true...teehee...

Have a great quilty day to all!  Quilty hugz!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:34 PM | Locked

Wendy :

Spudgrandma:
the sun is so bright I can see how dirty my windows are LOL

Me too spud.  Enjoy the next couple of days. I see that by Saturday, You Gini and I will be in the fridged zone.

Came home sick today. Feeling a bit under the weather.  Don't think I will make it to quilting tonight we'll have to see.

was hopping to get MQ7 cut out tonight

Sorry you are not feeling well Wendy. Feel better soon. BTW, I'm not ready for nasty weather.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:36 PM | Locked

i'm sorry you're not feeling well, wendy.   i can't wait for the frigid weather to hit. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

I knew you would be cheering for the frigid weather gini. :) I would not mind it so bad if I could get warm, but I'm always cold...:(

• | Post Points: 35
Page 185 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 183 184 185 186 187 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use