Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 173 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

A beautiful day to you, girlfriends! Gonna be sunny. HAven't heard what the temp will be yet but, I am banking on high 60's.

Had a REAL dinner last night. It was So good. jim cooked a pork roast and I had one tbsp. mashed pots and granvy, one tbsp. mashed carrots and just sliver of pork. Oh, so good. When I give the amounts, I am not kidding. THEN, I had the tiniest bite of sweet potato pie. Thought Jesus had come to get me. And, takl about full. Oh my. I was full!!

Today, I who does not do marathon quilting, ever, and going to. I will have this quilt done for Afton on Thoanksgiving Day!! It is my regular crib sized hidden 9 patch. Easy peasy. I just must stick to it. This is vital. My LMQ has quilts out the kazoo and can't quilt it. Yikes!! So, will stitch in the ditch. I am sure I can handle that.

Will check in again much later.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:25 AM | Locked

Tracing for embroidery. Mechanical pencils can be a brute for line removal so there must be different lead compositions. It's not a fine line but I use fine washable markers if I want the line to disappear. It's a given that  I will wash the item so I am sure the ink flushes down with the wash water. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

Bev,I use the frixion pens all the time ,I love them, I use them on my applique as well ,never had a problem. I have heard though that the colors ones do iron out just alittle better then the black , so you might try one with some color .I have the whole set with all of the colors. I love them.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:14 AM | Locked

Bev, I also LOVE Frixion pens. Use mine all the time. They are just great.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

WEll today ,I plan on working on some of my stuff,  Need to cut out my MQ7 strips  and then finish up working on  the RR borders I had to change. I' also will be watching some of the college football games ,,ESP  the LSU and BAMA  game , tonight ,should be a good one.  And I think Kansas state is playing OSU ,if I heard right ,but not sure .if so I'll be watching that one to. I love football .LOL  and if I can squeeze it in do my block for the BB project  I'm doing with EQ7.

Need to take some time and organize my little studio ,but I get in there and I end up sewing instead of cleaning .. any of you have that problem  to ..LOL...   

Hope everyone has a great Saturday ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 2,165
stitcheraz replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

Which color(s) have you used that don't shadow after ironing out?  I've only used the black and it shadows every single time.

stitcheraz

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:27 AM | Locked

Stitcheraz ,I was told any of the color ones seem to do better, The lady I talked to didn't really say which color .Sorry . I to have a little shadow with the black ,but I usually have Sewn over it so I don't worry to much about it . . I still love this marker.  I do use the lt green one a lot and I don't think i've seen a shadow with that one.

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

I have not noticed any shadowing. I, mostly, use my black for marking quater inch seams. I think the trick is to remove it ASAP.  I remove it as soon as the seam is sewn and I ron it. So, I have not had that problem. Think I will ask the owner of my LQS if she has had any feed back on thatr

Jim is on my a** about walking. I have walked all over this house, problably 15 times today. I just stood and ironed fabric. I have a baby gate on my sewing room door, as Lily tend to wonder in, if I don't and she has left her mark on the carpet. So banishment! I have climbed over that 6 times today. He just rags on me, all the time. Then, when I do walk up and down the driveway, he says for me to sit down for a few hours, as I get dizzy. Then he is harpring on the walking again, within the hour. He definatley makes me ITCH!!!

BEtter go walk. Just told him that I will walk up and down the drive 5 times right now. Hope I can do that!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

I have not noticed any shadowing. I, mostly, use my black for marking quater inch seams. I think the trick is to remove it ASAP.  I remove it as soon as the seam is sewn and I ron it. So, I have not had that problem. Think I will ask the owner of my LQS if she has had any feed back on thatr

Jim is on my a** about walking. I have walked all over this house, problably 15 times today. I just stood and ironed fabric. I have a baby gate on my sewing room door, as Lily tend to wonder in, if I don't and she has left her mark on the carpet. So banishment! I have climbed over that 6 times today. He just rags on me, all the time. Then, when I do walk up and down the driveway, he says for me to sit down for a few hours, as I get dizzy. Then he is harpring on the walking again, within the hour. He definatley makes me ITCH!!!

Better go walk. Just told him that I will walk up and down the drive 5 times right now. Hope I can do that!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:14 AM | Locked

stitcheraz:

Which color(s) have you used that don't shadow after ironing out?  I've only used the black and it shadows every single time.

stitcheraz

If you are talking about the frixion pens - haven't gone back far enough in this discussion to figure that out... but I use the black mostly and use if for marking my hand embroidery and I have not found any shadowing at all.  I have left it in for months recently and then sewn the work I needed to sew - pressed the fabric and the marks are all gone.

I never had that capability with the purple b gone marker or the blue wash out marker - I always seemed to see somewhere where they stayed.  

but I have to say that honestly I have had no shadowing at all - so am wondering how heavy you put it on - I draw one line and don't press very hard - just enough to see the line.... I don't go back and forth - just once across.

I do have all the colored ones too - as sometimes I just want to use a different color and have no problems with them either.  Although sometimes the colored ones are hard for my aged eyes to see so mostly I do use black.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Better go walk. Just told him that I will walk up and down the drive 5 times right now. Hope I can do that!!
Sukochi, do we need to speak to Jim?  You do what you can - yes push yourself a little but only a little... if you push too hard you will cause yourself more damage - we heal so much slower the older we get... at least I know I do.

Praying for you - you sound wonderful if words can have sound...teehee

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:12 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

you should pace yourself or you will end up getting sick. Don't walk all 5 times, spread it out. Then you do what you can. Jim pushes you to do more cause he wants things to go back to normal.

Big news, getting 2 wheaten (blondish) colored Scottie's next week. I went on petfinder and there they were, one is .4 and other is 6. They were strays tht that got picked up. They were together but they do not ink they were brothers. The kicker is. I have to go to Wilmington , NC to get them . 8 hrs but when I saw their pictures, these were my new buddies. The animal society there even got my animal shelter hereto come look at my yard and fence.

i want names that are like like famous guys. I am kinda fond of Biscuit.  butif anyone has any ideas please let me know. If you would want see them go to petfinder,.com,breed is scottishterrier and you can put state as NC. Wheaten's are rare most Scottie's are black. I have been going thru this lengthily adoption papers for almost 2 weeks but did not want vp jinx it

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:40 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Jim is on my a** about walking.

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
He just rags on me, all the time. Then, when I do walk up and down the driveway, he says for me to sit down for a few hours, as I get dizzy. Then he is harpring on the walking again, within the hour. He definatley makes me ITCH!!!

That's it Sukochi, I've held my tongue long enough!  You just wrap Jim up and mail him to me and I'll straiten his a** out!  :  )  Love you sweetie, you don't do anything that will hurt you, take it slow and easy and get some earplugs!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Gloomy day here. I'm thinking about trying to make small table runner for the side table next to my chair. I have some 10" squares I don't know what to do with so may use that, first I have to kick myself in the rear LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:45 AM | Locked

Nan, how about Sherlock and Watson?

Millbury, MA

Page 173 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use