Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 156 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 154 155 156 157 158 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:59 PM | Locked

CC,

If there was even one woman on the jury you wouldn't spend a day in prison.  Hope his crew is better 'house trained' than he was.

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 6:51 AM | Locked

Thanks Spud!  Trying to get everything all back to normal, figuring out what day it is and all!  Hoping to quilt tomorrow . . . first need a nap and groceries!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:09 AM | Locked

Up earlier then usual - been up for a couple hours now - Mom has a doctor's appointment and if I am taking her had to get up early so this body of mine would be ready to head out the door... shameful to have to get up so early today.  I normally only get up this early on Sundays so I can go to church.  Am all showered and snuggling under my electric blanket and then the quilt on top - temps have dropped drastically since yesterday - expected highs today are the low 50s if we get there... right now in the 30s - I know all you up north are saying been there... I am just not ready have been so spoiled this year with the warm temps into the fall - still felt like the warm part of summer.

Thinking about those in the east and worried about the storm - scary - sending up many prayers.  

After Mom's appointment if I am still feeling okay plan on finishing block 12 of my quilt... then 4 left to go before I start the satin stitching on them  I will have this quilt ready for Jay's birthday in March without a problem... 

Talked to my DIL this morning and told her to put extra warm clothes on my Grandkids - temps up there are in the 20s and low low 20s at that.. she laughed and told me Echo will be wearing pants to school today.  Echo wore the little school girl outfit I gave her for school this year a couple days ago but didn't have any tights to go with it so went bare legged - said nope not today - tell her Nana said PANTS... 

Have a warm quilty day!  Quilty hugz to all!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:12 AM | Locked

So glad to hear that you are a big girl now, Gini--and I have my fingers and toes crossed for you to get that designer 1.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Oh Dawn, glad you made your round trip without incident.  I have to agree that a Dvd player is great at babysitting the kids while on a long trip.  Have a great recovery sleep.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,037
Points 169,813
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

Doing the Happy Dance for you Gini, big girl status is good.  Maybe Sam should show up at the lady's door claiming he was the first appointment of the day and whisk off that designer 1 for you.  In any case, I'm keeping fingers crossed for you.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

Wow Gini! If I go potty all by myself, do I get a Designer 1, too? Pass the coffee- I'm ready!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:53 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

CC,

If there was even one woman on the jury you wouldn't spend a day in prison.  Hope his crew is better 'house trained' than he was.

Max

The Judge is a quilter. If I told her about him standing on my cutting mat, it'd never even go to trial.  :D

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Well, I have just checked the balance available on my cc, so I am off to the LQS.  I need binding for two quilts (want b/w zig-zag I think), and backing for one, and maybe better backing for another. And I hope they have some pretty thread for quilting another. Then I may have to dig thru the sale bin. Oh, drat!  What a way to have to start the day!

Thea!  Just saw some eye-candy for you.  Hop over to this blog and take a look at the featured quilt for today.  All from one simple block!  I thought of your wonderful SnW when I saw it! http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/   If I was better at making HST I would have to try it.

Ya'll have a wonderful quilty day!  I'm off to the LQS!

Max

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:49 AM | Locked

Max, I'm not thea but I looked anyway ,and OMG that is beautiful . Its difficult to even tell they are blocks . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:58 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Ya'll have a wonderful quilty day!  I'm off to the LQS!

You have a wonderful day also, I'm sure you will if it includes the LQS... Have fun Max

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Max

Wow...that quilt is amazing.  Even after knowing how it was put together I still had a hard time finding the "squares".

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

Diana:
Mary is doing well.  She has good days and bad days.  Today was a good day. 

Diana, when you see Mary again, tell her hi and give her a great big hug from me.  It is good to see she is having some good days.  I tried to encourage her to get help but haven't heard since how she is doing.  Thank you so much for updating us.  I have my days also, so know some of what she is dealing with.  I am happy she has you as a friend to meet with.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:34 PM | Locked

Barbara and Nana--glad you enjoyed that quilt.  So simple and so amazingly beautiful at the same time.  Hope Thea gets to see it, too!

I'm home from the LQS(s)! Had a really nice time at my favorite one, and Elaine was working today so she got stuck helping me find what I needed. She was great and I got everything on my list, plus an extra or two.  I was almost home before I remembered I needed a new thimble. I've finally worn a hole in my old one that I've been using since the mid-60's. So I was forced to stop by the second LQS, which is located right next door to my grocery store. 

Now it's time to rest a bit, then find food for lunch.  DH says it is a 'chili kind of day' so his bowl of hothothot chili is thawing for his supper.  Ya'll have a good day and pat your favorite fabric!

Max 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:54 PM | Locked

Max  Great fabric. ,its so nice to know someone when you are shopping  .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 156 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 154 155 156 157 158 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use