Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 153 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 151 152 153 154 155 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 255,554
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

Thanks Spud .I needed that LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:02 AM | Locked
Spudgrandma, LOL LOL LOL that kick was just what I needed! As Barbara said, it cold windy and I think a little rainy. So I stired up some yeast dough for cinnamon rolls! Doesn't that sound good?

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 255,554
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:09 AM | Locked

Ok Mel do you need my addy ? I'd love some ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:10 AM | Locked

You are welcome Barbara and MelodyP 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:11 AM | Locked

I really need to "dig out" my sewing area.  I have so much stuff stuffed everywhere that I can barely find the machine.  How do we end of with everything stacked on all the sewing and cutting spaces????

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 255,554
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:12 AM | Locked

Nana, I have asked the same question, I get it all straighten  up and the next thing I know its a mess again. drives me Crazy . If you find the answer let me know ..LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,571
Points 48,975
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:14 AM | Locked

Nana,

What do you mean you can barely find the machine, as many as you have surely you can find at least one.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:15 AM | Locked

Barbara

Right now I have this huge stack of wool skirts, coats, etc stacked on the machine table.  They have all been felted I just need to deconstruct....LOL>  Maybe that should be my project of the day...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 255,554
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:20 AM | Locked

Nana sounds like a plan ,at least they would then be out of the way . I'd help if I was closer LOL  good way to get rid of frustrations . YEAH !!

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

Barbara

True...and when I look at how much fabric I get out of each garment and then think about how much the shops charge for a little square of wool I feel really good.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 255,554
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:27 AM | Locked

Nana , boy that's no lie. Wool is priced terrible ,I always try to get the scraps peices and have been lucky to find some good size ones . I 'll have to start looking at the trift stores for wool and do what you are doing

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:28 AM | Locked
Barbara would love to share! My Great Aunt and Grand ma made these 4" high light fluffy melt in your mouth Cinnamon rolls. It has been a life time since I tried them. The last time was not good! LOL BUT this time....... it's looking better! They are on their fist rise, so we'll see. I had asked them then for the recipe and got a pinch of this and a handful of that REALLY?!?!?!? They raised their families in the dust bowl and depression in Oklahoma and they could cook! I got to get sewing, while I wait for the dough to rise. Like you, Barbara, I have a tone to do, esp SS! Got to get that out be the first of the month and won't be going to Ks. until after we vote so need to get movin!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 255,554
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:47 AM | Locked

Mel , I'm trying to get Kristy to cahnge the date on those SM2  blocks , so many want to do them but with applique just can't get them done in her time frame . I have not even strted mine yet so I' hoping she will be willing .  Your rolls sound wonderul . I need to make some bread or something that makes the house smell good  LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:53 AM | Locked

Had a late start to the day. Sprout didn't sleep last night, so Mom didn't sleep last night... Thankfully Daddy is home today so he got up with the big kids and got them off to school. He even fed Sprout some cereal so I could sleep in. What a love!

Right now we have a gentleman here to inspect the house and figure out how much additional insulation we need. 'Kind of a bad time of year to have the work done (Heck, it's snowing today!!) but this is when the crew can come, and I don't wanna face another winter without it. 

I'm nearly done with Jr's costume - Just gotta devise a cape. He's excited, altho not as excited as Jr was! LOL

Bossman brought his puppy up for a few hours yesterday. She's all fur and feet. The dogs hit it off well. They sounded like a run-away train romping through the house. Of course, as soon as I put them out, they did'nt want to play anymore. LOL  I gave the pup a Kong ball that Jenni ignores. She thought it was the greatest toy ever! Bossman had never even heard of Kong toys...bet he buys her a truckload of thm now! :D

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,328
Points 249,752
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:17 PM | Locked

CC - you have to post pictures on Halloween of Jr in his costume.  I bet it is all testosteroned up!  teehee - is that a word?

Barbara - you do so much all the time I think you are allowed a day of rest!

Melody - I now have to make some cinnamon rolls - thanks...teehee - but they do sound awesome and DH will love smelling fresh bread when he comes in the house from work.  He doesn't eat cinnamon rolls so since my recipe for bread is the same without the butter cinnamon and sugar, I usually make both.

I got the floors done and the first load in the washer.  Need to do the front bathroom but holding off till after DH showers this evening... hate to have it all messy right after I clean it up...teehee...

And need to trace the pattern for the applique to go on block number 11... whew moving right along!  

And the chill has deepened here - I think the temperature has dropped 20 degrees since I was up!

Warm quilty hugz till later!!!

Page 153 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 151 152 153 154 155 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.