Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 152 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:06 AM | Locked

I'm in Waterford, Mich .  The temp here yesterday was 78 and predicted to be about the same today, but tomorrow and the following days, the bottom is going to drop out. into the 30's and 40's.  The leaves were falling like snow yesterday.  Can't even see any grass, and this is after picking up all the leaves on Saturday.  Dang neighbors leaves anyway.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

Hi Sukochi,

Congratulations on yours and Jims Anniversary, you two must be doing something right to last this long.

Glad you are feeling much better, hope the Drs for the CT results go really well.

No snow but damp dull overcast and very gloomy.

Big get well hug coming your way.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
have you tried Lands End

Actally, I'm good,  I just picked up the wrong suit for my first class.  The one I usually wear was upstairs and I was to lazy to take my boots off and make the trek.  Its all good now.  I love Lands End but I'm a little afraid to order online for clothing.   I love the styles they have and the quality seems really good.  Some of my friends have items sent to them or they ordered and they seem to love the items.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:04 AM | Locked

Sukochi

Sorry you are having such a rough go of it.   Happy Anniversary.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

Karla, I have a Saphire as well, which one do you have?  I have the 870 and the only problem I have with mine is once in a while when the cutter is used, it backlashes and pops the thread off the hook.  Then you have to unthread and rethread it.  other than that (and it took two years to find this out) it is a gem. If I had been using the machine every day, I would have found this out sooner but I only used it when I wasn't tired from working, so maybe every(other) weekend for an hour or two.  It did go back and have a warranty repair to the hook but it still backlashes every so often.  If I am in a "can't deal with the nonsense" mood, I just cut the thread with a scissors and everything goes well.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:19 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Today is our 43rd anniversary! Think the celebration is on hold for awhile.

Happy Ann. Sukochi and I hope that you are feeling better today.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Carolyn:

I live in Raleigh, NC and my forecast for today is sunny and 82.  Our leaves are all changing colors now. It's been a nice, mild Autumn so far.

Sounds like great weather Carolyn. It has really cooled off here and it is foggy this morning so feels colder than it is, guess I'll sew when I get back from town. :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:35 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Karla, I have a Saphire as well, which one do you have?  I have the 870 and the only problem I have with mine is once in a while when the cutter is used, it backlashes and pops the thread off the hook.  Then you have to unthread and rethread it.  other than that (and it took two years to find this out) it is a gem. If I had been using the machine every day, I would have found this out sooner but I only used it when I wasn't tired from working, so maybe every(other) weekend for an hour or two.  It did go back and have a warranty repair to the hook but it still backlashes every so often.  If I am in a "can't deal with the nonsense" mood, I just cut the thread with a scissors and everything goes well.

It's an 835, so it is one on the lower end...does not have an automatic cutter, so I'm not going to have to worry about that.  I always use scissors anyway.  I played with it for a little while last night as UPS didn't deliver it until after 5 pm and I had to take the boys to TaeKwonDo.  Didn't get back home until almost 7:30.  I think I'm going to like it even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 875.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:38 AM | Locked

Karla we want to see , LOL  pictures please  LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:41 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I was shocked to say the least that you were released from the hospital already.  I think they should have kept you at least 1 more day!  Not that they don't know what they are doing but this thing lately about sending people home almost as soon as they wake up in recovery is getting to me.  Take care of yourself.  I have been so worried.  you stay down in that bed or that chair - nothing else - do you hear me????  You read that piece of paper that they gave you that tells you what you can and can not do and you follow it and if you start feeling worse - you get back to that hospital... Thea has spoken!!!

It has cooled off in OK today - cold front coming from Canada has reached our shores...lol... But it did put the flies to sleep for at least a day.  Marge I did try that pennies in the zip lock bag and it did work a little bit - problem is I have trees all over my property to keep the sunlight at bay - when it is 105 out you need some shade to help so that keeps the pennies from shining - and this year the number of flies was multiplied by a thousand I think - they were horrendous.  So the penny bags which are up all over the place did not work.  The zapper was working hard into the night though... but as I said today is cooler so they are sleeping.

The pain in my joints was bad bad bad this morning - didn't even get the couple of hours that I try to take before I had to take the pain meds... I put my Halloween socks on - a black one and an orange one - with bats and pumpkins and cats on them - they are supporting the ankles and telling old OA to behave... I need some hand socks to do the same for my wrist and a neck sock - lol - can't you see me now....lol  I have tried those arthritis gloves and don't like them - so for now I'll just wrap the hands in the electric blanket when I am reading - and hope that the pain will be taken care of by the meds...

I scrubbed that spot on the living room floor at least 4 times yesterday and wish I had never had to steam clean the carpet as that is what brought this spot to life...lol... It is disappearing and I figure about another week of scrubbing it every day and I might be there... I did figure that the spot is wear Abby lays when Jay is home - can't believe a white dog could bring in that much dirt from outside but that is all I can figure...it has been driving me nuts though but when I saw it was looking better it made me feel better knowing I was making progress... I can only scrub and steam clean so much before I run out of energy... and I have to do other things...teehee...

Well, time to sit back and relax for a few - sending warm quilty thoughts out to all my buddies and warm virtual hugz to those that need a hug.  Sukochi - you take both and take it easy... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

Today I'm having a tuff time getting started, first off , being on here doesn't Help LOL  Its dark and dreary outside and that doesn't help either. I have somany things to do can't make up my mind what I want to work on. HELP I need a swift kick .LOL   Thea any good words of wisdom or me ..LOL ...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:47 AM | Locked

Karla - have fun with your new baby!  I am very happy for you and your DH should be happy you have something that makes you smile.  I wouldn't miss scissors either - I have not found a machine yet that they work perfectly on - seems like just when you need them they mess up...lol  and threaders - argh - I hardly ever use mine.  I can thread my machine is 1/10 the time it takes to use the threader.... a little spit on the finger - a swipe behind the needle opening and pesto that thread goes right through as though there was a magnet behind it.

Barbara - we all have days where it takes a few minutes to get going - relax - we don't have any rush - enjoy life and look for something around you that will brighten up your day... For me today the cooler temperatures got rid of the pesky flies for a while - yippeee!!!  

I was sewing till the wee hours of the morning so it is okay to have a slow start today - wrapped up in my blankets and taking it easy for the morning at least - then this afternoon I will get a move on...teehee...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:48 AM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Sukochi!  Hope your pain is under control and soon you'll be feeling better.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:52 AM | Locked

Barbara:
HELP I need a swift kick .LOL 

Here you go Barbara...you may need to click on it to get the full kick!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:54 AM | Locked

Thea ,thanks .I do that and try to get going . Windy and cold already .oh and wet ,it rained some .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 152 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use