Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 138 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:43 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
I like the stamp you found for the back

Not a stamp. That I did, by hand, with my Pigma pen and then did the lettering with a Sharpie. At the Quilt Show, they had a rubber stamp that said POST CARD. However, I decided I could do that myself. Not centered but I will get better at this as I goes along.  So glad you like it.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:46 PM | Locked

Barbara - each of the PP blocks that you do get better and better - I never would have thought such busy fabrics would go together - but they do - it is a WOWwer!   Great job Barbara!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

Thanks You Thea , I love my compasses, I just had to try something different ,that 's why the 30 repo fabric. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Frances:

Sukochi,

I love your postcard its beautiful, is this the first one youve done i am very envious of the person who gets this in your swap.

lots of love

Francesxx

Yes, this is my first. It is not done with the right stuff in the center and is  a bit flexible. I will get the stablizer Debbie recommended and make a REAL one to send out.

This fabric card making is just so much fun. I am glad Debbie sent me one. That is what got me interested in them. After I heal awhile, from this assualt on my poor ole bod,y Tues, I want to teach my friend, Kaite, to make these.

Love you, sweet Frances

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,325
Points 27,960
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:56 PM | Locked

stitcheraz:
Have you tried a thin strip of moleskin

I have never tried moleskin.  I have tried every type of adhesive dot or oval or other stick-on out there and have the same problem with the adhesive - the oval ones are so stiff that they curl up and catch the needle UNDERNEATH - not what we want at all!!!  I have tried duct tape, but that is so soft that the needle eventually pokes through so has to be replaced too frequently.  Moleskin is much tougher so will probably hold up much better.  Also, it won't look so strange as duct tape or black electrical tape on the finger when I leave the truck to get our meals when we are on the road.  Thank you so much for the suggestion.  I will get some when I go shopping Tuesday. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

Marie:

Sukochi, your post card is beautiful!  What is the batting for?

Well, the one Debbie had sent me, awhile back, was more stiff then what mine is and kinda like there was seomthing between the two sides so, I thought it jmust be batting. But, then I could't figure how you would fuse batting to fabric. Now I know what it is and there will be no stopping me. This is fun.

I have joined the Yahoo group postcardpazzaz. Now they are going to start mug rug swaps. One of the ladies makes these awesome fabric and bauble pins and a swap will start for them , too.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Sukochi, very cute postcard

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:07 PM | Locked

Hi Debbie, good to hear from you again, it's been awhile.      I think I saw some Harry Potter fabric on Beautiful Quilt fabric.com

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:10 PM | Locked

Diana:

Debbie,  I just did a search and found some fabric you may be interested in at  http://www.pricedumper.com/harry+potter+fabric      They had a bunch of it with different designs.   Hope this helps you out.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Hi Diana, Thank you so much! I already went there and ordered a couple of things. They were on ebay and I hadn't found any that had the buy it now feature like the link you sent me. Thank you so much. I have so many more options now than when I woke up this morning. Spudgrnadma also showed me the paper piecing group which also had a great pattern! Ahhhh.....I can get busy now.

Thank you again to all of you who helped me get on track! I'll post a picture when I'm done!

Deb

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:14 PM | Locked

Leslie :

Hi Debbie, good to hear from you again, it's been awhile.      I think I saw some Harry Potter fabric on Beautiful Quilt fabric.com

Hi Leslie, Thanks! It's good to be back.

Deb

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:49 PM | Locked

Barbara, Your compass is beautiful!!! And so is the 30s fabric! Great work!  Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:56 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Hi all besides trying to get the laundry finsihed today ,I worked on one of my PP compass blocks today . I'm please how it came out even with all the little poeces it had , was not to hard.We only have 2 more months and then I can start putting them together .. 

Very pretty Barbara!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 7:03 PM | Locked

Oh, Barbara, I am so sorry. I was remiss innot  gushing over your compass. OMG, it is just beautiful. Was that from the Craftsy PP class? I signed up fr the PP class with them, but have yet to get to that. This winter.

Barbara, you always do such beautiful work. Ok, could you please clap, for you, from me!!  ; D

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 7:03 PM | Locked

Barbara, you continue to take my breath away. I can't wait to see this compass quilt all finished!! It's gonna be a show stopper!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 7:06 PM | Locked

Sukochi, you can send me a post card anytime!! What a beautiful little creation!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 138 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use