Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 135 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:39 PM | Locked

Today I went to a class on Color and Design at my LQS. This the first of  12 classes. I think it is going to be a fun class. I'm hoping it will get me out of my square box. Now I must go and wash a window. I stopped by my son's on the way home and didn't leave until 4:30 so that just leaves me enough time for one window! LOL.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I stopped by my son's on the way home and didn't leave until 4:30 so that just leaves me enough time for one window! LOL.

That should like a good plan Elaine... :)

Your class sounds like fun, I hope you enjoy it!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

Come this way Elaine. I have one that needs washing!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:16 PM | Locked

Elaine

You can come this way too.  I have one that needs washing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:16 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Working on my first ever fabric postcard. This is really fun. Well, a bit agravating, but fun.

Pictures??  how'd it turn out?  Think you'll do more???  Inquiring minds want to know!

I saw this fabric yesterday at the quilt shop.  It would make quick and easy Christmas postcards!

http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?sid=2621025206262&Store_id=499&page_id=23&Item_ID=77158&Parent_Ids=0,881

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 7:14 AM | Locked

Got to Scarlet letter and met marge, she was very sweet. Got cll from son that my Scottie dog, Montgpmry had lympoma sarcoma and was dying, so I ended up rushing home. He is not in pain so decided to bring him home. He is lethargic and breathing like his is panting all the time. He is about 6 years old. It is so sad. This is my 6 th Scottie and  .3 got out of fence yards and got hit and now .3 have/had cancer. It is my favorite breed but I do not know if I should ever do this gain. I till have my mom's dog a petite min schnauzer. She was found at shelter then within one yr had my dad die then moved and hn my mom died then the cat they had died, so I thought if Montgomery at least came home she might deal better.

montgomery te leftover teak for dinner and drank like a gallon of water but this morning would not ven look at dog tret, drank alittle water, sat outside but did not move so I picked him up and carried up the steps.   I am so sad, he is lying in bed next to me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

Nan so sorry to here about your little baby, It so hard to loose a pet,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,445
Points 243,662
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Nan, It is so hard to see one of our pets go through illness.  They have a hard time communicating what to do for them.  I just try and give them extra love and I know that is what you are doing.  My heart goes out to you during this time.  Take care of yourself!  

I am up - was up early again!  Wish so much that I could sleep just one night through.  Not going to happen though - maybe tonight will be a surprise.

I did get up and am going to church this morning - my goal every Sunday and I think nothing is in the way today!!!  Showered - dressed - hair done - jewelry on - new clips from Barbara in my hair... so pretty...teehee - the little things.  Pain levels under control with pain meds - will take some more right before I go so they kick in about half way through services.  

Then back home to finish up Rita's quilt - or work on it anyway... I finally came up with how I was going to put her dog blocks together and I am liking it - took me forever to design how to do it but once it hit in the brain it has been fun... Pictures when I finish the top!  Hopefully later today!  I got the center of the quilt done last night and now am working on the top... 

Well, need to go find those pain meds and last prep to hair - need to cut these bangs again if I am going to keep bangs...argh - decisions!!! hate them...teehee...

Great quilty day to all - supposed to be in the 90s here today - i do not want to turn the a/c back on - Oh Dear... furnace - a/c - furnace - a/c - will I never need one or the other this year...teehee

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:12 AM | Locked

Wow  Debbie - what a great haul of batiks!  And only $1.50 each for fat quarters.  What is their normal price? Ours are $3 each whether batiks or "regular" fabric.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

Oops - Carolyn I really liked your stash too.  How great to have a Hubby who likes to help you pick out fabrics.  Mine just goes and sits in the "man cave" and reads a book while I shop.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Patti - I just had to Google sharp shinned hawk.  I love watching our resident hawk soar above our fields on the thermals.  So glad that it was "Patti to the rescue". 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

That is a great picture of you with your sister Sukochi. 

You showed great restraint is that is all you bought at the quilt show.  :o)  I really like that purple piece.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:24 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Wow  Debbie - what a great haul of batiks!  And only $1.50 each for fat quarters.  What is their normal price? Ours are $3 each whether batiks or "regular" fabric.   

I guess they do this sale every year to make room for the new fabrics.  When I checked out I was told these were end of bolt fabrics.  They are high quality... so nice to touch .  From their email:  1yd cuts of batiks on sale for $5.99. (Regularly $10.98 - 11.98)  batik fat quarters on sale for $1.50. (Regularly $3.25)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Sukochi - sorry that you live so far away from here.  My son has a side business called "Weekend Warrior" and does odd jobs for people.  Funny thing is that now he works at Shaw Inds. on the weekend so he is more of a weekday warrior.  :o)  He has been putting together furniture and book cases for his MIL's new house here lately as well as painting some of the rooms and such.  Last year he painted her whole medical practice and built shelves to store patient records.  He will do just about anything around the house for folks. 

I will be praying for you on Tues.  I hope everything goes extremely well and you mend quickly.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 9:42 AM | Locked

When Jodi Barrows was at the shop, she demoed similar LED lights.  She had three different lengths but they were pricey.  Was yours expensive Sukochi??? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 135 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use