Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 133 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 131 132 133 134 135 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:29 AM | Locked

Debbie great haul  and you will love the thimble I've been thru about 4 of them, They last along time ,I'm just hard on thimbles. When I was doing crossstitch i would really go thru them. but you are gonna love it .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:31 AM | Locked

Patti , you are that birds Angel , what a great thing you did .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,586
Points 47,635
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:42 AM | Locked

Barb, I LOVE the thimble.  I put it to work last night.  Once I taped it to my finger so it would keep from slipping off, I hardly knew it was there!  I think I was sewing faster with it on.  It's a medium... maybe I should have bought the small?

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:45 AM | Locked

Debbie you can get them at Joanns to ,You may want to get the small as they do stretch out . I use to tape mine on to .LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,377
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

Nan - it sounds like you had a fantastic time.  If that steam mop for the Pergo floors works - please let me know - I hate cleaning mine - I have a shark steam mop and it does dull the floors so then I have to put a wax on them... but I want them clean - and I clean them every day and couldn't find anything that would work... I wish I didn't worry about things like the floor being dull but I do...teehee... 

I can't wait to see the quilt kit made up that Maddie chose for you - sounds wonderful and I am doubly glad that they recognized Maddie's story and did all those nice things for her - you both deserve it.

I agree the prices the food vendors charge is absolutely rediculous but what is a person supposed to do - I bought a soda at the APQS show and it was 3.75... I was shocked but had to have something to drink and hadn't thought about stuffing a water bottle in my purse that day... if we had eaten there - oh my - i hate to think of that.

I am really surprised that so many booths now are putting up the no picture signs but I do understand - there are people in every field that will steal ideas and draft their own patterns rather then pay the small price for someone else's work.  So I understand but wish it wasn't that way - I love just studying the quilts - gives me so many ideas.

I am so happy for you - thoughts and prayers right back at ya.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Carolyn, great group of fabrics you have there.  I think I have some of the black on the top row right.  Had a block swap with it awhile ago.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Wow! Sounds like everyone is having a good day.

Debby-do, color me  jealous of your purchases.

YUmm. Carolyn, you' have your work cut out for you with that stash. 'Glad you got it home.

Nan, I'm glad you and Maddie are enjoying hte show. Way to go Maddie!

We picked Db up at that airport on Thurs. As long as we were in town we stopped off at Joanne's and the boys picked out the materials I'll need to make their costumes. Why do kids always insist on the most expensive think they see? Even so, I figure their outfits will still cost less then those cheap mass-produced rags Walmart sells.

DB turned Jr loose with his lap-top and Angrybirds yesterday. I wasn't paying any attention...then a little voice says 'I lo-o-o-ve the space eagles!" And my DB about had a heart attack! He didn't think we had wifi (we didn't either LOL) and so he didn't figure the little wart could purchase them.  Gosh, I'm so tech challenged I didn't even know you had to pay for special features on the game... :S *Sigh* I'm dreading the grand total. It's gonna be an expensive lesson.

Yesterday we drove out to the mountaintop where we scattered Mom's ashes. What started as DB and I going turned into a whole family expidition. It was fun but tiring. Today I'll be taking Brother back to the airport and sending him back home. His visit was far too short. After we get home, I plan to avoid going anywhere for at least a week! Charlie and I need a break from car seats and seatbelts! LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,377
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

It is a beautiful but chilly morning outside... We had another power flux - not sure what happened this time is aggravating though - everything starts resetting - you hear noises everywhere - I have to learn to remember to turn off all those power cords when I am not using them... I think I will get some of those power strips that have timers on them.    But all is up and running again.

I woke to another stomach ache - I think from all the stress I am developing an ulcer - another thing to talk to my doctor about - going to eat some yogurt and see if it calms down.  Pain levels were through the roof - so am sure the pain meds that I constantly have to take are part of the problem too - hoping they can find something that doesn't have all that aspirin in it to help me  - oh well - that is the way life goes - right?

I shelved my SnW until my fabric that I ordered to try out for the borders arrives and got out Rita's dog quilt I am making for her - And started the Northern Woods quilt that I have decided to make as a gift for my DH for his birthday in March - son will want one of these too - the first block has a huge eagle on it - so beautiful - You piece a block and then put applique over it - am loving it - but then I am in love with the A type of quilting... I am rearranging the dogs on the design wall - (which I love too - the portable design wall - it is awesome) I bought some fabric that looks like stain glass that I am going to incorporate to pull them all together... they are all different size blocks so I am going to make some quilt blocks around them like I did with caterwauling first and then use that stain glass fabric to sash them and I think it will turn out really nice - 

All my WIP quilts will get done... I pulled down the quilt that I bought last year at F&P shop and found that I had already quilted it - thought that I still needed to do that - so now am in search of where I left the scraps from that quilt to make the binding from so I can get it completed... 

Today I hope to be very productive - once my stomach settles down and the pain levels get to a normal level so that I can do something without cringing...

Warm quilty hugz to all on this beautiful fall day!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:41 AM | Locked

Debbie-do, what beautiful batiks!  And the price was certainly right.  The thimble looks very interesting, let us know how you like it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:44 AM | Locked

Good for you Patti, nice to know there are people who care.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

Thea:
If that steam mop for the Pergo floors works - please let me know
  My DS and her DDIL have that same steam mop. They both say it leave streaks. They said it is a great idea but don't like the streaks. You have to go behind it with a towel and wipe them off. She said it kinda defeats the purpose. They have hardwood floors.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:49 AM | Locked

Nice picture of  you and DS, glad you had a fun time.  That strip looks interesting, let us know how you like it.  I bought a book light at a quilt show but can't figure out how to attach it to Celestsa, my Janome Horizon.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:52 AM | Locked

Gini, our temp here in Millbury, Ma is in the 70's already and it's not noon yet.  The color of the trees is brilliant!  I love NE in the fall!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Nan and Maddie, sounds like you are having a terrific time.  How sweet it is for grandmother and granddaughter to be on a trip together.  Have a safe trip home.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 10:02 AM | Locked

Linda, praying that you are wrong about having a bad winter and being confined to the house until spring.  Take it a day at a time and STAY ON YOUR FEET, that's an order.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Page 133 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 131 132 133 134 135 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use