Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 132 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 7:35 PM | Locked

That little strip do-hickey on the electrical cord is a Wiggle Worrm lamp. It attaches underside of the top of the sewing machine and just pours light on the subject at hand. I got it at the show. Anyone ever heard of those little lights?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:23 PM | Locked

oh my gosh,  i just checked the forecast and we may get snow tomorrow night.   the leaves aren't even off the trees yet.  yippee. snow for three nights in a row.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:40 PM | Locked

Fantastic time at quilt show. Maddie took like 200 photos so once we gt home I will figure how to post. They said it was more crowded thurs then today. We spent too much mone but considering hotdogs and soda, $4.50 EACH!!,the vendor prices were not bad.  Tin Lizzie teacher was there and dripping with sweetness, she cited like she did not know they shipped all new parts to me.

some quilts were stunnning and some plain odd.  The quilts in each both that showed off patterns or were for raffles were all very pretty. Maddie gave out a few business cards and then people caught on to her and her story, gave her several bags of stuff! The booth selling Austalian fabric gave her $5 off per yard for 2 yards she chose. Then when we went to leave after we did not win any door prize the lady siting at the entrance (she was working) waited till we got like 4 ft past her and then she hollered"are you Maddie?" So Miss Maddie turned around and said "That's me!" I think she is going to go by just her first name like Cher. Anywho the lady asked if she could give her a box of warm and natural batting ...duh,,yeah, so she goes off and comes back with2 lg boxes. I old ot carry out so a man who was leving with his wife carried it to my car.

i bought mariner's 3D template and a Lemoyane template. I refrained from fabric except for a kit Maddie found for me. It has a very bright green, purple and a black based print...goes with nothing in my house but was so pretty I figured I could paint a wall!!

Tok 3 hrs to get there but we stopped t McDonalds for breakfast nd arrived t 10:30 so did hit some traffic. We are staying at holiday inn, quite ice, and on Sam property as the show. We went at 3 p to check into room and hen went back o we would be there for door prize drawing. When we went back I took my sweatshirt hoodie off and looped it thru my purse and promptly dropped it..like in first five min..went back but not there, no one had seen at all. A very sweet woman in charge took my name and number but I figure someone must have needed it more than me.

oh yeah also ought asteam mop for pergo floors in house, they sell them on QVCand she had a disc and some dd owns for the show. Reg mopping dulls the floors, so I sweep dust bunnies but can not/ and will not get own on floor. I was impressed and several women stopped by the booth to say how great it was. Unsolicited.

tomorrow we get full free breakfast then check out and head down to Scarlet letter to meet Marge. Wait till she sees all the items for dog beds we are bringing!

Then we will get some dinner then get a room for the nights drive home sun. Wether ouldnot have been more perfect ...72 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

well this was long but wanted to share with all. 

Only a few booths had no photos signs but I think Maddie may have done them, he is quick with that camera.

this was one of the most fun days I have had in yrs.

thoughts and prayers to all.

Nan & Maddie

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:41 PM | Locked

gini:

oh my gosh,  i just checked the forecast and we may get snow tomorrow night.   the leaves aren't even off the trees yet.  yippee. snow for three nights in a row.  

You have my permission to just keep that stuff up there... :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 8:44 PM | Locked

Nan, it sounds like you two had a great time at the show. I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:25 PM | Locked

Gini

You can keep all that snow in Northern Idaho.  I don't want any.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:15 PM | Locked

Gini, I want autumn before winter.  Can't go straight from summer to winter.  I am not ready. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:28 AM | Locked

Sukochi, great pic of you and sister

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:30 AM | Locked

Sukochi, great pic of you and your sister

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:34 AM | Locked

I am really starting to dislike this site and all the problems

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 50,995
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:52 AM | Locked

Sounds like you have had a perfect time at the show Nann.  You and Maddie are going to be recovering all next week , I think.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 50,995
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:53 AM | Locked

Looks really neat, Sukochi.  Glad you and your sister are getting to do a lot.  Good picture of the 2 of you.  Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:54 AM | Locked

nan and Maddie sounds like you had a grand time.

Sukochi, I know you are sad your sister is leaving,but remember all the fun you two had.

Spud, it is so wonderful to see you on the boards again.

Thea, you are in my prayers, dear girl.

Went to the doctor Thursday and looks like I'm going to have the same kind of winter as last only not in AZ. Already the coughing as started and my voice by afternoon is almost nonexistent. So I'm on voice rest and have to keep my neck wrapped with a scarf. Sinus infections have started too. I'm using my nebulizer 2x a day + inhalers because the weezing is so bad, Gosh and bad weather has barely started. I'm already pretty much confined to the house till spring. Maybe I can practice standing on my 2 feet this winter!!!  Praise God I can still quilt!!!! There is one blessing.

Wishing everyone a happy quilty weekend! Quilty hugs too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 50,995
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:56 AM | Locked

OMG, Gini, glad you are getting the snow there.  Our leaves are starting to fall well, but there are still many, many left on the trees yet.  So don't need to see any snow yet.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:25 AM | Locked

Carolyn , what luck your Dh found such great fabric ,and you did good for yourself. I love all the fabric.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 132 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use