Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 5:08 PM

There is a neat ruler and book that go with this - I did the blocks back in December and have a stack of them - they are setting there - but lost where I put my book when I moved everything - it is a really neat way to make the blocks... Yes Nana - do it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,846
Points 366,332
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 8:30 PM

I made a quilt using the strip tube method a while back. I liked the method but never made another. It would definitely make for some cool borders.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:01 PM

Nana, please check your PMs - I wanted to talk  to you about something.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:08 PM

Carol

I just found your request and accepted your friendship.  I will watch for your message.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945
Darlene replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:59 PM

Debbie, thanks for telling about the tube quilting and sharing your idea about the borders from the ends.  Great idea.

Gini, thanks for the link to the tutorial. 

I think this will make wonderful table runners and Nana is right about this making a good basis for a scrappy project.  Such potential.

Thanks all for another idea to add to my bucket list.  This list is growing beyond what I will ever be able to accomplish in a normal lifetime.  Do you think we will be sewing/quilting is heaven?  Hope so.  I have too many things I want to do and that is my only hope.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:37 AM

I was watching the video and then started thinking about so many other Missouri Star Quilt Co. videos I've seen, and then I thought about how the first thing I do on the computer each day is check out Missouri Star Quilt Co's Deal-of-the-Day, and I had to pause for a moment to consider that this is just a local quilt shop (I think), and look at how active they are on the web!  Those of you who live near this shop, is visiting in person as amazing as what we see on the web?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,690

Sorry it has taken soo long to post the pics...but here they finally are! My husband has been very sick, so I just didn't get the cheance... So Here are the awkward, leftover ends of strip sets...(trimmed up a little)

Here they are put together as a border on quilt top

And here is the quilt...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 2:04 PM

Debbie Lou, this is amazing. You have done a fantastic job. The quilt is just beautiful.

So sorry to hear that your DH has been real sick. Hope he is better now.  I will send up prayers wether or not.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 4:21 PM

Debbie L., your quilt is lovely and you put the leftovers to good use in your very nice border.  Good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 17,250

I love the border.  It took me a minute to figure it out as it look intricate but really isn't.  I also like the fact you used a different border on the side.  And your choice of fabrics is really wonderful.  I'm doing two tube quilts right now -- one like you explain and another using strings.  Same principle but much different results. 

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 5:21 PM

Debbie, as I said before, I found the site, love the project and now...I understand the comments about the end piece and border.  Your pic showed it very well and I will use that as a reference when I make mine.  Great Idea for a stash buster project.

Caryl in TX

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Yes, MNancy, Missouri Star Quilt Co. is a LQS in north west Missouri. Although I have not been there I know a couple of quilters who have. They have said it's a great store. I too love the tutorials.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,846
Points 366,332
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 11:46 PM

Nice work Debbie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,934
gini replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 11:51 AM

nancy, barbara say missouri star is a pretty cool shop

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use