Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:14 PM

Hi all. Just checking in to tell you I'm doing better. I didn't let go of the internet as my DH and therapist both vetoed it. It's all part of my isolating when I'm down which just makes me more down and then I isolate more which...well...you get the cycle, right? Couple of weeks ago I was ready to Thelma and Louise it off a cliff but don't live near the Grand Canyon...besides, I'm a coward! lol

Hope everyone is doing well out there. I've not been doing much quilting but a lot of knitting. I go through phases of things I do. It's always irritated me but therapist said just to realize that's the way I am and at this age, it's not going to change. I know DH would love it if I really got into house cleaning. Funny...that's never been one of my obsessions. lol

• | Post Points: 215
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:22 PM

Oddly enough, housekeeping ability is in direct line with not want to do something else, like go help my husband build his shop.  I'll iron or something today.  Anyway, I have a cold and I shouldn't be around dust, so that leaves out housework as well.  Hope you are feeling more social soon.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

So glad to see you are still linked to the outside world!  Your DH and therapist are 100% correct...you need to be in contact with other human beings. Thank goodness for computers! 

Knitting is not bad, and it is certainly better than housework!  If possible, take your knitting outside. I'm not joking...get a little sunshine and fresh air everyday.  It really does help with depression. Taking a walk is even better.

Sending good thoughts your way! 

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:50 PM

Good to hear you stuck it out and stayed with us Mary.  Like they are telling me--this too shall pass.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:59 PM

Mary, we all are so glad you are with us again. 

I have so missed you on here. Try to keep in touch. Sounds like things are getting better. YAY!!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:00 PM

Huggs Mary and glad to see you back online.  It's good to stay hooked up with friends.  We don't mind if you vent....we all do at one time or another.  We need to meet up for a lunch,,,,,,,my treat...let me know when you're up to it.  My back is doing much better.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:34 PM

Great hearing from you Mary!  Glad you are feeling better and that internet was voted for.  We miss you here so keep in touch.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Mary:
It's all part of my isolating when I'm down which just makes me more down and then I isolate more which...well...you get the cycle, right?

Hi Mary,

I know you don't know me, but, like you, I tend to isolate myself when I get down. Things are really rough for me right now. When I'm like that, I don't even answer the phone. I'm glad your are feeling better. My prayers are with you. I hope you continue to do well. I usually have to push myself pretty hard to get over these times. I hope things are easier for you.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:42 PM

mary, i'm glad you stuck with us.  good, no make that wonderful to have you back.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:17 PM

Mary,

I'm glad you've decided to stick around.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

Mary - I am happy that you are still online!! Remember you can always call me. ( I think you still have my number, if not PM and I'll send)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,208
Points 16,210
Susan replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:37 PM

Mary, So glad your back with us! You have been missed! Take Diana up on her lunch date, it sounds like it would do you a world of good.  Hugs to you.   Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:11 PM

Mary  I am glad you are back and feeling better.Some of the let down comes from running on an emotional wheel of getting ready for the retreat in the mountains and wanting everything to be perfect,then afterwards you say to yourself what now? I know everyone truly enjoyed themselves and that was because you took the time to organize a beautiful and fun retreat.

Sometimes we need to force those negative feelings away.I am glad you stayed connected your jokes are so funny and I wondered if you were going to the fall fiber frenzy

darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,445
Points 243,662
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:14 PM

Mary:
I know DH would love it if I really got into house cleaning. Funny...that's never been one of my obsessions. lol

Mary - it is funny that you wrote that - when I get down - which isn't that often but does happen - when the sun is not out for a couple days I am really down in the dumps - can't remember when I discovered that my moods revolved around sunshine but I did and they do...lol...

But to get back to why I highlighted your comment about house cleaning - when I get mad or frustrated - or STRESSED - I do house cleaning - I am a flurry of tearing it apart and cleaning it all up - so my DH knows that when I am doing more then my normal that it is because something is up and he will ask me about it.

I am so sorry that you felt like finding a cliff on the Grand Canyon and so glad you don't live any where near it... I can honestly say that I have had those moments over the past 14 years - when I don't see any rainbows that let me know that someday my pain will go away... it gets very frustrating to wake each day and the first conscious thought I have is how bad is my pain... but we deal...

I am glad you are working with a therapist and have a DH who understands - that is close to half the battle...

I am praying for you and anytime you need an ear to talk to - I am always available - I may not have any good answers but I am a good listener!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:55 PM

Mary

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better.  Just enjoy your knitting and you will get back to quilting before you know it.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use