Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 130
Pam Posted: Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:26 PM

Started learning to Quilt in Feb, but haven't finished anything yet.  3 UFO's in progress.  Hope this is fairly normal.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:28 PM

Pam

Welcome to the site.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  Having multiple UFOs is pretty much the norm for most quilters.  I think I have about 10 tops that need to be sandwiched and quilted.  I also have 4 or 5 more in various stages of construction and we won't even discuss the amount of fabric that I have waiting on the right pattern...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:35 PM

Pam welcome to the club, I don't think you will find a person here who doesn't have many ufo's  tis the life of a quilter  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 130
Pam replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:36 PM

Ahh!  Hope is restored that I might finish a project.

Thanks NANA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 130
Pam replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:37 PM

Liberty, MO  not too far from Olathe  KS.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:39 PM

Welcome Pam.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:39 PM

Hi Pam, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Pam:
Ahh!  Hope is restored that I might finish a project.

So happy you are here. You will be so pleased with yourself when you finish your first project. I think we UFO's around our sewing machines. As I am still a beginner also so ask as many questions as you need to. Everyone here is so generous with the tried and true information to help you. I look forward to seeing pictures of your first project. Check out the "Show and Tell Gallery".

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:03 PM

pam, i love you already,  3 ufo's and haven't finished a quilt yet.  and yes, this is very normal for this group and any other group of quilters i've know.   the oddballs are the ones who buy for one quilt finish that quilt and start another quilt, finish it, start another one, finish it.   how boring is that?   maybe not boring,  but,  predictable.   i like a little za-zing hanging over my quilting.

i could keep a couple of announcers busy calling my quilting,

Don, "Bob,  look, she's getting the binding ready for this quilt, unbelievable after this long, she's actually going to finish this quilt"

Bob, " Don, i think you're right, no wait, wwwaittt, just a sec. No that's it. She's putting it back in the closet unbound. I'm afraid that's it for this little quilt in 2012, no finishing for it.   Oh look, she's handling the log cabin quilt."

Don, " Oh my, it has been years since she's handled that quilt, 4 years at least.  do you really think it's the one she's going to finish?"

Bob,  "YES, i think it is,  no she's just moving it to get at some more fabric.  Uh oh, Don, it looks like she's starting ufo # 47."

Don, "Well Bob, i think that's it for finished quilts this year, once she gets started making new quilts,  it's three or four new ufo's down the road before she starts looking to finish something."

Bob, " yes, I think you're right, 'Don.   It looks like that is it for any possible quilt finishings  this year at least,"

Don, " well that's it for today folks.    tomorrow, we will be calling the ufo's at nana's house.  Join us at 9:00AM eastern and 8:00AM central. 

Bob, " let's hope she is a better finisher than we saw today, Don.  Until tomorrow, folks".

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:18 PM

Cute, Gini.  Welcome, Pam.  I am from Kansas City but live in Council Bluffs right now.  I just finished two tops from scraps leftover from quilts made in the 90's.  I think time sort of stands still for quilters.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 12:47 AM

Gini as usual you hit in right on the head...lol

Pam - welcome to QCA - I am south of you in Enid Oklahoma - not too far away - I have been proposing that us girls out here get together one day for a luncheon somewhere in the middle and that would be about where you are from some of us - Max is in Topeka and Barbara is in Liberty MO... I am the farthest away but wouldn't mind the drive up for a day - and then I could go on to Barbara's and then next day come on home... teehee... again welcome... 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Wecome, Pam!  

Don't be so hard on yourself...you'll have lots more UFOs soon. Like you said--you're just getting started quilting. 

I'm in Topeka.  But with the miracle of modern technology we are all just a keystroke away from each other.  Hope you drop by often and enjoy the fun. There is a lot of talented quilters here that love to share their experience with beginners. And there are lots of people new to quilting.

Max 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 1:08 AM

Welcome, Pam.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 8:27 AM

I think you get the gist of it,  Pam.  Welcome to the club, you'll fit right in.  If nothing else, we'll keep you entertained while you pile up those UFO's.  Have fun and happy quilting!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 8:42 AM

Welcome!  As you can see the quilters here are just a riot and lots of help too!  I get sooooo much encouragement from these quilters.  Stop by often and please post your quilts when you do get them done!  Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use