Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 220
srblack Posted: Thu, Aug 16 2012 3:55 PM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sharon and I'm new to QCA. I am re - learning to quilt after 30+ years!

I have pieced a 12 block patchwork together and will be taking it to a long armer to quilt. Now I am worried after watching some videos from F & P that my top is not perfect(some seams running different ways, etc.) Am I out of luck already? Will I have to just tie my quilt?

Anyhow, I would be disheartened if I couldn't get it done, but I know my daughter will love it, even if it's tied.

Oh, and don't look for a picture anytime soon, as I had a hard enough time figuring out how to get this posted:).

have a great evening, ladies!

What's a tag?:)

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Welcome to the group, Sharon. I don't think you will have to tie your quilt. Take it to the longarmer and have her look at it to let you know if there is anything you might need to do differently to have her be able to quilt it successfully. Longarmers are good at helping us piecers do the best that we can.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:06 PM

Hi Sharon, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:12 PM

Welcome, Sharon. We are so glad to have you.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:59 PM

Welcome Sharon,

Most certainly take it on to the longarmer. She will give you a wealth of information. I'm sure your quilt is something she can quilt or give you info on what to do to get it ready to quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,869
gini replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 5:41 PM

hi sharon, welcome to the group.  if it is fairly flat, a long armer can quilt it.  do take it to one, they are a wealth of info.

a tag is a way to bookmark a post here.   it doesn't work all that well on this site, unless you are kris, who has a magic touching finding things with tags.  so, for instance, you are talking about junipers;   if you write juniper in the tag line, theoretically whenever you type juniper into the search engine,  it should find every conversation to do with junipers.

we will walk you through posting pictures when you are ready, it isn't that hard, though it can seem like it at first.   once you do a couple you'll be a pro at it.

and just FYI,  there are no quilt police here.  we will love your tied quilt, too.   promise.   mostly we are just a group of goofy quilters who love anything and everything to do with quilts.  ok, so perhaps i'm the only goofy one, but  everyone will like your quilts.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,050

Welcome Sharon,

You will love it here. Everyone is so helpful and generous. Just ask, it will be answered. I can't seem to stay away from this forum for more than one day. So happy you joined us all.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 8:28 PM

Hi Sharon!  So have you seen great changes in methods of quilting since returning after 30 years?  Did you have to restock your sewing room?  Happy to have you with us here in the club.  Come chat often!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,799
Points 352,047
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 9:27 PM

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the group. Tags are keywords to help others find posts on that topic. Gini is correct in saying the search engine on this site isn't very good but if you click on "message boards" near top of the page you'll see a list of tags on the right side of the page. Click on the one that interests you and you'll find posts with that tag.

The same is true for groups.

Tagging also seems to make your posts more visible in google.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 9:36 PM

Sharon ,welcome to the club, You're gonna love it here.  gini,is right we can be a goofy bunch at times. No quilt police and we love all quilts no matter how they are done.  So have fun , you'll learn your way around pretty quick and we will always help if you get lost . Like a lot of us did at first ..  OH an just a small warning ,I'm the worst typist  in the whole group .. so just letting you know .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:11 AM

Welcome Sharon :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Sharon.

Margaret

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use