Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 1,080
Elizabeth Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2010 6:43 PM

Well awhile back I talked a bit about my reversible rag quilt.  Well ladies it is finished and I have posted it here for all to see.  The first picture is the "warding sign design " used in Celtic lore to ward off evil or danger the second picture is of the quilt turned back so all can see a smattering of different colors and patterns on the reversed side.  Notice how the fringe is on both sides of the rag quilt making it reversible I used Maywood Studios flannel from the Bunny collection on the many colors side and the tweed flannel from Maywood Studios on the Warding Side.  Hope you all like it, it is very heavy and very warm on our cold winter nights. Well the pictures are reversed

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Elizabeth--

What a fun quilt your rag quilt is!  I can only imagine how warm and cozy one would feel snuggled under it on cold nights.  Love your fabrics.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 2,430

Wow, nice work!  I can't imagine working with the fringe and lining up the front and the back so perfectly.  Very well done!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:06 PM

Beautiful quilt Elizabeth. This is the first reversible rag quilt I've ever seen. WTG.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I've never seen a rag quilt with the fringe on both sides, either. Neat!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:15 PM

Elizabeth

I love your rag quilt and I love the bed it is on just as much....beautiful.  Did you put batting between your flannels?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:40 PM

elizabeth, thanks for showing us your quilts. they make my want to cuddle right up in them and take a nap.  i missed my nap today.   anna was having a melt-down in my napping spot.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:13 PM

Gini

Doesn't Anna know that meltdowns in Nana's nap spot isn't appropriate....lol.  Hopefully you will get that nap tomorrow.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:57 PM

Sorry you didn't have a nap today Gini. Did it make you cranky? LOL. You'll have to find Anna a different melt down spot.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 12:19 AM

yes, it did make me pretty grumpy, but it wasn't from lack of a nap.    i tell the kids i'm the mean gramma, 'cause i make them mind.  unfortunately, sometimes the kids protest with  tantrums.  i thought anna had outgrown them,   seems i  was wrong.    she fell asleep and was pretty chagrinned  when she woke up.  i'm trying out  new technique for wil and my violin practice, so he was doing a little protest of his own. 

oh, and walking home from the bus, wil took a detour and decided to check out the ponds.    he broke through the ice, of course,  and filled his new boots.   i've never heard such a lot of howling.    it's  gonna take days for the boots to dry out, they have thick felt liners.   his coat and snowpants were completely drenched.   we couldn't walk through the living room for drying boots and clothes.  good lesson though, the ponds are shallow and only knee  deep on me in the winter, and now he knows why we don't go out on the ice without asking.  

there is no rest or naps for the wicked tomorrow.    it's my long  day with activities, help at both schools, dance, violin, and choir.   their dad will help with some of it, as he starts his midweek days off now.    gini, with the aching ears. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,447
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 2:31 AM

elizabeth - great quilt - and I applaud you 100% - with my hands I made one lap size rag quilt and that was it - took me a whole year to clip all the seams... Yours is beautiful!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:02 PM

Elizabeth, I really like your rag quilt.  I see so many nice things on this site, that make me decide to put them on my to do list, and with your quilt I have decided that I definitely need to do a rag quilt this year.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:55 PM

Elizabeth

Love your rag quilt.

I know for one that I am a fan of rag quilts and they are so fun to make.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:05 PM

gini:
   oh, and walking home from the bus, wil took a detour and decided to check out the ponds.    he broke through the ice, of course,  and filled his new boots.   i've never heard such a lot of howling.    it's  gonna take days for the boots to dry out, they have thick felt liners.   his coat and snowpants were completely drenched.   we couldn't walk through the living room for drying boots and clothes.  good lesson though, the ponds are shallow and only knee  deep on me in the winter, and now he knows why we don't go out on the ice without asking.

Gini,

I'm glad will was seriously hurt. What a way to learn a lesson. Hope you get a nap in tomorrow.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:20 PM

OK Gini

You are making me tired. I had one of those days yesterday.

By the time I get up -make the coffee-start the fire-feed the dogs -make breakfast

Then Hubby and I watch weather and news.

Then I did laundry-bathed and brushed our Sheltie

Put all Christmas decorations away.

Made Lasagne! Did the bookwork ie paid the billsetc.

I was pooped         .Days like this I wish I was a man.

They could never multi-task like us women do.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use