Top 10 Posters

Southwestern Grandma's Flower Garden

Page 9 of 14 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 197 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:12 AM

I actually don't have the patience for these 1/2" hexies, Erin, so I will try the 1" hexies and make my background piece twice as large.  I really enjoyed making the large ones which measure 1.75" on one side.  Time will tell if this project gets made at all.  Thanks for the "cute". 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:25 AM

Frances:

Marie,

Your adult hexies look great such beautiful colours, and i really love your baby hexies they are so cute.

lots of love

Francesxx

Thanks Frances, I enjoyed making the adult hexies, the babies are too much work.  Now in life, I enjoyed the babies but the pre-adult version, teens, were much too much work.  Go figure.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:29 AM

Frances:
im rethinking see what you do to me, i am thinking of changing the wording instead of welcome home something more me like "insanity lives here".

Let me know what your rethinking does to you.  I love your "Insanity Lives Here".  I may rethink that.  My head hurts now, too much thinking going on in there.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:46 AM

Ive also just started to EPP some mug rugs for Christmas pressies using Diamonds.

That should keep me out of trouble.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:26 AM

Frances:

Ive also just started to EPP some mug rugs for Christmas pressies using Diamonds.

That should keep me out of trouble.

lots of love

Francesxx

We need pics Frances.  I have a few small projects to make for friends and I'd love to see your mug rugs.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:28 PM

Picture hopefully tommorrow, when ive kicked myself up the a.... to get myself in gear and doing what i need to do. I found someone on ebay who sells EPP papers so i brought some diamonds, they are really good cheaper than what ive seen in patchwork shops so ive just brought some tiny hexagons from her as well, looks like my insanity lives here quilt will be using tiny hexagons, Marie i thought you were crazy when you said about small hexagons, but yours look so good im going to give it a bash.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:27 PM

Frances, should I send you my two babies to add to your insanity hexies?  I don't think I'll be making more of these.  Was the shipping charge much?  I'm going to check it out on ebay as well.  Tracing and cutting are not my strong point.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 600

Oh My!

I have a quilt top that I bought years ago that I guess is this pattern. Now, the problem with it is one of the fabrics in the quilt top has disintegrated and I thought I'd jus sit down and fix it....that was 15 years ago, maybe.

So, I picked it up and thought I'd look at it and figure out how to get going....

This has been so helpful...but I'm sure I need more advice. First, didn't know about using paper and second, how would you suggest keeping the rest of the quilt stabilized while I try to put in the new piece? I thought maybe ironing on freezer paper?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:19 PM

Marie,

They were cheap and i didnt pay any shipping and they are accurate, there must be someone in the states on ebay doing it, however bear in mind cheap for me and cheap for you is probably not the same thing  as patchwork fabric here is about double what you pay there. I wouldnt have normally brought papers but cause im running out of time for Christmas i thought i would try it, now i know its accurate any new project i do with EPP i will buy papers so much easier.

lots of love

Francesxx

ps if you cant find anyone at your end i can always send you some no probs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:22 PM

Sue,

Sorry i cant help but i would suggest you start a new thread with this one on so more people see it, as im sure lots of the others would know what to do, try to include a picture as it helps.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:21 PM

Sue, I've had to put back a template or two that I took out prematurely and that might be an idea you can try if this is still just the top and hasn't been quilted. Get some subsrcription cards out of magazines and make some templates that match the size of the hex.  Carefully insert them in the surrounding hexies and baste them in place.  Baste your fabric that you're replacing to another template and stitch it in place.  If it's already quilted...  I'm not sure how to approach it.

Marie, when I made my templates I found some template graph paper online and printed it then made it the size I wanted by enlarging it on the copier then printed it to the magazine cards.  It took a little trial and error but once I was on a roll, it was much faster than tracing them all.  I did still have to cut them out but I could do that while watching tv.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:50 AM

Frances:
ps if you cant find anyone at your end i can always send you some no probs

Frances, you are a sweetheart!  Thank you for the offer.   The dunce that I could be sometime, I thought you ordered from the US ebay and was figuring postage would be phenomenal, just being curious.  There are many places to get the papers here and some without postage due to amount spent.  Reason I even made my own was because I wasn't sure if the baby size would work out for me and I'm glad I did because no way in h--l will I ever make more than a few of those again.  I'll order some 1" papers at some point and increase the size of the background on that project.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:53 AM

Debbie-do:
Marie, when I made my templates I found some template graph paper online and printed it then made it the size I wanted by enlarging it on the copier then printed it to the magazine cards.  It took a little trial and error but once I was on a roll, it was much faster than tracing them all.  I did still have to cut them out but I could do that while watching tv.

Thanks for this info Debbie.  Cutting accurately is not my best suit, especially those 1/2" hex's.  I didn't do to badly with the larger ones.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:22 AM

Marie:

Frances:
ps if you cant find anyone at your end i can always send you some no probs

Frances, you are a sweetheart!  Thank you for the offer.   The dunce that I could be sometime, I thought you ordered from the US ebay and was figuring postage would be phenomenal, just being curious.  There are many places to get the papers here and some without postage due to amount spent.  Reason I even made my own was because I wasn't sure if the baby size would work out for me and I'm glad I did because no way in h--l will I ever make more than a few of those again.  I'll order some 1" papers at some point and increase the size of the background on that project.  (((((HUGS)))))

No honey,

English ebay (yes we have it too). and the postage on them was free and the price was per 100, which i thought was great.

You asked for pics of the rug mugs well heres the first 2 i have ever made, one is for a friend who loves cats the other is for one who loves dogs, i will quilt and back them all in one hit when i am near the end each one takes about 10 minutes.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:39 AM

Frances, thanks for the pics, love them.  You are a good friend and your friends are lucky to have you.

Millbury, MA

Page 9 of 14 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use