Top 10 Posters

Southwestern Grandma's Flower Garden

Page 7 of 14 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 197 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960

Did I mention this is addicting???  Anxious to see how the second row would look I placed the flowers on the design wall with the first row, figured out what needed to be done, put the first 5 CDs of a Revelation Bible Study in the player and got busy.  As the last CD finished I had about 10 stitches left to take and ended up with about an inch of extra thread!  Talk about perfect timing!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,387
Points 175,288
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:14 AM

Debbie, those are workable hexies, my 1/2" hex, I made one, I'm afraid is going to be a lonesome hex begging for at least one more friend.  I will be good enough to make one more because I know what it's like to be alone, but I think I'll put the pair up in a corner of my design wall and remember never to go there again.  LOL

Your quilt will be beautiful when done so keep on pumping out those hexies, I can't wait to see yours and Frances' finished.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,010
Frances replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:55 PM

Debbie,

How big is the finished thing going to be, or is it a wait and see.

By the way if you get chance check out the thread i started about fabric postcards under quiltmaking we need your help.

Oh and forgot to say yours looks wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:21 PM

Frances, it's going to be a lap quilt but exact dimentions are to be determined.  I did buy some border fabric but I'll wait and see what it wants to become :)

Thank you for the compliments.  I feel neglectful... I didn't take one stitch on it today!  I got a wild hair at work today to create a small table runner for the office for our new coffee station so that's what I worked on tonight.  Hopefully I'll get it done before we get the rest of the coffee supplies!

I did see the new thread about fabric post cards.  There is SO much you can do with them... from plain and simple to little art quilts.  I took a class at an LQS to get the groundwork and she used the book Fast and Easy Fabric Post Cards.  See what kind of interest you can generate and I'll see what I can do to help.  I think Erin has a good idea about starting a swap once people are comfortable with the process.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:37 AM

Debbie

Your GFG is looking beautiful.  You are really making good progress.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Debbie, your flowers are very pretty. I was wondering how this is actually put together. Is the top just the hexies joined or are they attached to some kind of backing. I just did a couple of hexie blocks for the Craftsy BOM and don't think mine would hold together well enough for an entire quilt top. LOL I assume I would get better with practice, however, the beginning of the top might not look too great by the time I got to the end.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960

Thank you Nana, Pat...  Pat, practice definately makes your stitches better!  Just last night I was looking at some hexies I stitched together over a year ago on something else and it's clearly a beginner piece!  My stitches have even improved just from the beginning of this project. Changing to a thin needle has made a big difference.   Depending on what your project is, you can applique the hexies to a background as you did in the Craftsy class or you can make the background hexies as well which is what this is.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,010
Frances replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:30 PM

Okay Marie,

The book has arrived (was coming from the States, which was why it was longer than normal) which one of the projects does your one little orphan hexie belong too.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,010
Frances replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:32 PM

Debbie,

Hows yours coming along, and how is the small table runner for the coffee station, did you manage to get it done.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,387
Points 175,288
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:05 PM

Frances:

Okay Marie,

The book has arrived (was coming from the States, which was why it was longer than normal) which one of the projects does your one little orphan hexie belong too.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances, it's Welcome Home, page 67.  I think I may make the orphan hexie a mate this evening watching TV, no promises.  I kept a promise today, don't want to become excessive about it.  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:22 PM

Frances, thanks for asking!  My coffee quilt has been well received.  There's a couple of pictures in my gallery.  Tonight I was able to finish putting together tne next two rows and attaching them to the first two.  There are three more rows to go!  How are you doing with yours?

Marie, does your orphan have a friend or two yet?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,010
Frances replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:36 PM

Oh i like your coffee station runner it looks great, and you are doing great with your hexies.

Mine is growing but is slow, i only do it in my lunch hour at work still it keeps me out of trouble.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:45 PM

I've been a little obsessed with it I'm afraid.  I have the next 5 days off and I hope I push myself to do something besides stitch flowers together!  Once I start it's hard to stop... kind of like eating potato chips.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,387
Points 175,288
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:08 AM

Debbie-do:
Marie, does your orphan have a friend or two yet?

Debbie, I only promised one other friend, I did cut an baste 7 hexies last evening, now to sew them together into a flower at some point, hopefully today.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:12 PM

I'm so excited to get to this point!  All the whole flowers are together!!   I'll be stitching in some half flowers on the sides then adding the border.

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 7 of 14 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use