Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 310
Kristen Posted: Sat, Jul 28 2012 11:24 AM

Hi my name is Kristen I have never really sat down until recently to read the blogs and all the wonderful things this website has to offer.  I live in New Jersey and my girlfriend and I decided to take a Beginning quilting class about three years ago.  How to make a Log cabin quilt and I have to say we are hooked.  We get together about once every week and work on our projects together and once a year we attend the Lancaster Convention in March.  We have tried to make several kits as well as attempting both a single and double Irish chain quilt.  We are currently working on improving our attempts at Applique and will be taking a class help us learn different ways to do this.  I look forward to learning more on this site and maybe being able to ask questions about how somethings work.  I will post some of our quilts when I am able to figure out how to get them up!   LOL

Happy Quilting

Kristen

Kristen

Yours in Quilting!

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 11:28 AM

hi kristen, welcome to the group and welcome to the wonderful world of quilting.   this is a fun group and you can learn a lot of quilty stuff here.   applique is my favorite

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 11:40 AM

Welcome Kristen, you've come to the right place for your addiction.  Ask any question and it will be answered almost immediately or you are sent to a site that will give you the information you request.  We are a fun and knowledgeable group and I'm sure you and your friend will love it here.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 310
Kristen replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 11:40 AM

Hi Gini

Thanks for the welcome!

Kristen

Kristen

Yours in Quilting!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 12:28 PM

Welcome, Kristen !  Glad you found us as everyone here at QCA are so willing to share their knowledge of Quilting and anything else thats on your mind. Be sure to check out the groups as there maybe something that interest you such as the applique group. I look forward to seeing some pics of your quilts, when you figure out how to do it. I still have to rely on my son to help me. Hope you enjoy your time here.    Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 12:40 PM

Hey Kristen ,welcome to the club,  Have fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 1:22 PM

Welcome to the group, Kristen :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Kristen,

I believe we are all addicted here. I recently had a lap band surgery and had to find something else to occupy me instead of eating. Once I was addicted to food and now I'm addicted to quilting. I'm happier with quilting. You will love, love, live this website. I love everyone on this site and you will too. I'm sure. Can't wait to see some of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 8:27 PM

Welcome Kristen

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Kristen.

Margaret

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 9:24 PM

Hi Kristin

Welcome! I am new here also. What a fantastic place it is. There are a lot of great people here. I got hooked on quilting about 10 years ago. I am so addicted to quilting! What a wonderful illness. LOL Can't wait to see some of your quilts.

Bonnie B

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 9:30 PM

Welcome Kristen!  You and your friend should think about joining us at one of our regional retreats!  The more quilters, the merrier!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,882
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 12:13 AM

Welcome Kristen.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 495
Beth replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 1:26 AM

Welcome Kristen.  I am new to this site also and am really enjoying it.  Everyone seems to be so supportive. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 415

Hi Kristen,  I am new to the group also.  Very new and also new to quilting and hope to learn from all of the experienced folks on this Site.  I am from Spokane Washington.

Connie

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use