Page 3 of 9 (131 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 130 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 9:06 PM

So Richard, are you offering a thumbs up or down on those brands?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 9:16 PM

Update: 7.29.2012 / 9 p.m.

Chart removed for updated version.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:05 PM

In my experience, I would give a thumbs up to Connecting threads fabric.  Especially  their batiks! 

(You might want to do two categories for Connecting Threads...one for regular cotton fabrics and another for their batiks.)

I have one questions that maybe someone can answer:  Do any of the fabric manufacturers have more than one "quality" of fabric?  For example, do they sell their "seconds" at a lower price to box stores (WalMart or JoAnn's, etc.) or other outlets?

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:07 PM

Donna B:
I have one questions that maybe someone can answer:  Do any of the fabric manufacturers have more than one "quality" of fabric?  For example, do they sell their "seconds" at a lower price to box stores (WalMart or JoAnn's, etc.) or other outlets?

Oops, look like my question was already discussed.  Sorry!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

I will give a big thumbs up to Robert Kaufman's 'Kona Cottons', both online and from LQS.  Also, a big thumbs up to the Robert Kaufman's 'Artisans Batiks', from both online and LQS.   I've bought both Jelly Rolls and yardage of both of these lines, and love them.

I also buy Blank Fabrics from a LQS.  I haven't been disappointed in their quality, so they get a thumbs up, also. 

Max

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

Barbara,  the idea of a group is great but then the thread seems to get lost to new QCAers or people who are not on the site that often.  Is there a way that QCA administration can make it so that when we post to the group it still shows up on the main message board?

Andrea

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

I love this idea.  Moda and Hoffman both get thumbs up for me.

Andrea

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

I have heard that the first run of many manufactures goes to walmart and such.

Andrea

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:31 AM

Thanks for the additional input, group, and yes, I will break out batik ratings.  Again, I will update the chart in the evenings.  Keep those reviews coming, everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 10:02 AM

Nancy

I have always had good luck ordering Timeless Treasures.  Clothworks is another good brand... they are the ones that do Laurel Burch fabrics.   I personally like Connecting Threads fabrics.  They are good quality for the price....Love their Mirage line.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 11:24 AM

Nancy,

I bought the fabric I'm using for the Craftsy BOM from Connecting Threads and I really like it.  I can't recall the details, as I was shopping in the middle of the night one night, but I liked everything I received....

So I would give them a thumbs up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,654
gini replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 11:38 AM

Most of the connecting thread fabric I don't like for hand appliqué.  It is fine for piecing.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 7:28 PM

I am really surprised at the thumb down for Connecting threads.  I have bought lots of fabric from them and have not been disappointed yet.  It has been awhile since I bought fabric there, like 2 or 3 months.  Has something changed with them?   The balticks are really nice, especially when they have them on sale, the price makes it even better.

I have also used VIP fabric.  Most of what I have of it is animal panels,  It is a little stiff, but workable

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Page 3 of 9 (131 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use