still painting

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 Posted: Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:58 PM

i feel like I'll be painting til i see a blue moon.  Its one of those things once you paint one room you have to keep going til the whole house is done.  Problem is I used to be quicker and enjoy it  this time around its plain work and i'd rather be quilting I know i'm probably repeating myself.  I'm thankful though that i can express my thoughts here.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 7:06 PM

You sound like my sister. When she bought her last home, she painted all the room, then two months in decided she didn't like it and painted them all other colors. When I have a paint job, I wait till she is able to come help me. She uses oil paint and a brush. Never a roller for her!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 7:12 PM

thanks for replying    i can't even imagine not using a roller  I'd work even slower.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
I used to be the same way. I loved to repaint any apartment we lived in almost every year! Then after DH got sick, I got the bug to repaint after he better. Problem was just when I got to point where you can't change your mind and realized I couldn't do it! Guess what....I HAD TO NOW! Thankfully it was only my kitchen, which at that time was almost smaller than my bathroom. It only took me 4 months! Aaaahhhhh! Usually it would've taken me 2 to 3 days! Needless to say, I haven't painted since! And if I do (that's a really BIG if), I would dream of using only a brush! Yikes!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jul 26 2012 9:23 AM

The funny thing about all this painting is I recently told sil that i'd rather move than paint again.  Well it still holds i'd rather move .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Amen to that! We took this apartment as is. It's huge but hadn't been repainted for over 10yrs. You can only imagine, I'm sure, make that 10 times worse! Can you believe someone actually carpeted the kitchen? We've thought about moving more than a couple times! We haven't done that nor have we painted!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 8:40 PM

trying to repair stress fractures.  not adjusting to my new furniture to good in withdrawal over not having my recliner it was replaced by loveseat.  DH says he'd gladly  get me a recliner if I take away my 8 seater country maple table...  I'm so out of sorts between the painting mess and the new furniture which is modern, and my husband loves it.  I picked out this furniture but I'm not acclimating well.  comfort or the look I want for my home?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

You all are so ambitious. We've lived in this house for over 12 years and I still have not painted. In our old house, we painted at least every other year. After moving here though, I decided I am never moving again. I must be the laziest person I know. Maybe I can get one of you to come paint my house for me. LOL Just joking.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:34 PM

Thanks for replying!  Its a long tedious process but every now and then Iget a few moments for myself.  I'd like to know how my dh can even for a second say i don't work!

i'm beginning to warm up to new furniture.  Living room is almost done ... I used to paint so much faster when I was younger.  Right now I wish I lived in a one room house i'd be almost done.    dreaming about quilting...

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:57 AM

Where do you get the energy to do all that painting?  My husband went on a painting binge last year.  Maybe he'll finish the other rooms this winter.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 12:28 AM

really i have no energy, but the thought of doing all this years down the road seems even harder to accomplish .  I've been thinking about tearing down a cork wall in sons room ... it really needs to be done , but that is going to slow my snails pace down even more.  Main bath is finished I made drastic change in color from white to a periwinkle came out really nice!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 7:11 AM

with sons help took cork down yesterday planning on stripping the glue today, i'd rather be doing a strip quilt.  posting my progress is really helping me to keep  going forward.  I really have to look on the bright side,  at least when winter comes I'll just be quilting!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 6:44 PM

Had to use heat gun on glue it wouldn't come off with chemical stripper.  Got it all off, but ended up burning my thumb in process.  I have no feeling on one side of my thumb I'm debating on going to the doctor but i'd rather not with copays being so high.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:02 PM

ls2116:
I have no feeling on one side of my thumb I'm debating on going to the doctor but i'd rather not with copays being so high.

Is it badly blistered?. I think with no feeling, you better get in to see someone. But then I am not a nurse, so don't listen to me. It's just what I would do.  I had a very bad burn once, didn't seek medical attention, and now have a deep scar on my arm.  I will pray for you.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:54 PM

Thanks for replying!  I slowed my pace after burning thumb.  Finally got wall all sanded and prepped for painting....Eventually i'll see dr. anyway.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use