Looking for fabric

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,877 Posts
Points 142,005
Judy T-Bellingham posted on Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:02 PM

I've tried findmyfabric.com without luck.  Does anyone recognize this fabric? It's a really good quality so I know it's not Joann's. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,694 Posts
Points 141,583

Judy,

I don't recognize it. If no one does, you might try going to some of the manufacturers websites and checking their archives. I went through some of Red Rooster's and didn't see it. Hopefully someone will recognize it and can at least give you the manufacturer and name of the collection.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,508 Posts
Points 41,735
Mimi replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:45 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Does anyone recognize this fabric?

I don't recognize it but it looks like it might be from a Nancy Halverson collection of one sort or another.  I think she designs for Benartex.  This is just a wild guess.  Hope you can find it.  It's sure is pretty.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,800 Posts
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:35 PM

Boy Mimi, you're good.  Although I don't have that fabric, I have one very similar, that I had to make sure it wasn't the same one.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Did you try www.missingfabrics.com?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,877 Posts
Points 142,005

MNnancy:

I went to the website but didn't do much. I've been cruising through the EQ7 fabrics but haven't found it. I suspect it's out of print. Quilt shop didn't have it either but said it was familiar.

Doesn't really matter. I just came across it in my stash and only have about 1/2 yard left. Would like to find more as it's so pretty and a color I use often.

Not Ranked
Female
44 Posts
Points 895

Hi Judy,

I thought I recognized it! It's from Moda-Sandy Gervais-Gobble Gobble. I have it because I've been making three wall-hangings out of it for the last 3 years!  I don't have any yardage, I just bought the charm packs, but it's a very cute line. I'm pretty sure it's oop by now. Good luck!

Jen

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Judy T-Bellingham:

MNnancy:

I went to the website but didn't do much. I suspect it's out of print. Quilt shop didn't have it either but said it was familiar.

Doesn't really matter. I just came across it in my stash and only have about 1/2 yard left. Would like to find more as it's so pretty and a color I use often.

That's the beauty of the Missing Fabrics site - regular users check their stashes and share, and some of the shop owners like that they can hang on to out-of-print lines knowing they can sell them here at regular price without sacrificing them to clearance sales.  There's no cost to post, and you have a picture to upload and now you have the name of the fabric.  Can't hurt to try...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,877 Posts
Points 142,005

Jennifer:
It's from Moda-Sandy Gervais-Gobble Gobble.

Jen, you are AWESOME, thank you! I Googled and went through a bunch of websites with the line. Lots of fabrics but not mine until I finally found it at www.handsontradition.com   It's the gobble gobble circle pattern. They show two different colors, pumpkin and squash, but I can't really tell if one of them is mine. The pumpkin looks too dark and the squash looks too light. So I emailed the store with a photo and, if necessary, I'll mail them a swatch to match.

This is a really pretty line of fabrics and wonderful quality. I'm tempted to order some of the coordinating fabrics.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,877 Posts
Points 142,005

MNnancy:
That's the beauty of the Missing Fabrics site - regular users check their stashes and share, and some of the shop owners like that they can hang on to out-of-print lines knowing they can sell them here at regular price without sacrificing them to clearance sales.  There's no cost to post, and you have a picture to upload and now you have the name of the fabric.  Can't hurt to try...

I may have found the fabric Nancy, but you have a good suggestion. I've been a bit confused with missing fabrics website but only because I haven't taken the time to really use it properly. Thanks.

Not Ranked
Female
44 Posts
Points 895

Hi Judy,

I'm pretty sure it's the squash, but I'm sure the store can tell you better than I. Good luck!

Jen

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,877 Posts
Points 142,005

Jennifer:

Hi Judy,

I'm pretty sure it's the squash, but I'm sure the store can tell you better than I. Good luck!  Jen

You're right, Jen. It is squash, the store got back to me very quickly. Many of the line shows as sold out but they still have that one. Thanks again.

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

Hi,Judy

I think this fabric is embroidered, We are the manufacturer in China.

We produced the similar fabric  and exported to US before.

Hope it will be helpful.

Best Regards!

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.