Top 10 Posters

Harry Potter quilt is completed

Page 3 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 55 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 150

Thanks Judy. You're quilt is beautiful and inspiring. My niece is a Harry Potter fan and I know she would love this.

Maryellen in MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 12:10 PM

He is "Smaug" by Michelle Thompson. Part of the "There and Back Again" series. Hope this link works.  If not, go to Fandom, then look for the THere and Back Again logo. Smaug is month 10 of the series.

http://www.fandominstitches.com/2012/07/there-and-back-again-month-10.html

Maybe you could make him into his own block, add your label info on it, and stitch it on the back? 

Or, he could be the first block of your next HP quilt...

(I just love throwing ideas at you!!! LOL!)

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,577
Points 118,625

MaxNTopeka:

Or, he could be the first block of your next HP quilt...

(I just love throwing ideas at you!!! LOL!)

Max

Max, bite your tounge!!! Definitely not another Harry Potter quilt. But  perhaps it's like childbirth. You say never again. But soon you forget the pain and bingo bango, you're about to have another one. 

Smaug is a cute dragon. If I'd seen him before I would have used him even though he's not a Harry Potter character.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,577
Points 118,625

MaxNTopeka:

He is "Smaug" by Michelle Thompson. Part of the "There and Back Again" series. Hope this link works.  ... http://www.fandominstitches.com/2012/07/there-and-back-again-month-10.html

Maybe you could make him into his own block, add your label info on it, and stitch it on the back?   Or, he could be the first block of your next HP quilt... (I just love throwing ideas at you!!! LOL!)

Max

Max, I swear I'm going to come to Kansas and bop you over the head with my 24" ruler!!!  Now I'm actually THINKING about making that block and replacing the label I've already made with it. The design is perfect for adding label information in the curve of the creature. 

It's only two weeks until I have to turn the quilt in and I was DONE! Completely DONE. You have upset my carefully loaded apple cart. I will never forgive you. LOL 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 23,325
Susie replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:04 PM

AWESOME JOB!  Kudos to you for sticking with it.  And it's a home-made quilt--not supposed to be perfect (or is it prefect?)  I love it!!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Judy,

Good manners tell me I should apologize for upsetting your apple cart....but I can't!  I'm laughing too hard!!

I swear I would have told you about Smaug sooner, but I think he was just released in July...I just saw him for the first time last week and I have been watching her website pretty close.  I think he comes from the Hobbit line of characters....but he is a glorious dragon.

And you never know...a really unique label might be just what sways the judges to that big purple ribbon.

Max

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:09 PM

watch out max, judy is gong to be bopping you with her 36 inch ruler next.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:23 PM

OMG  Max this is so awesome, I have to make this for my son. thanks for the info Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 10:54 AM

Judy, your quilt is wonderful. You have my 10 yr old DS drooling over it and picking out blocks to add to ours ( life got busy and we stalled on block 4). I always love to see your quilts and this one exceeds all your other wonderful quilts. Thanks for the inspiration!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 1:30 PM

Judy this is for you ,I made the dragon, what a pain it was to so many little pieces and the design comes out in reverse , but I like it ,I tthink it came out pretty good ,I did this all in Batiks

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Barbara,

He's wonderfully wicked!! Great job with the colors, and I love his eyes!  The batiks make it easier since they don't have a right/wrong side of the fabric to deal with, and they lay smoother (IMHO).

There are a few other dragons on the fandom site.  Are you going to make them, also?

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 5:07 PM

Max more then likey  my son is a big fan of dragons since watching "Game of Thrones"   thanks for your kind words by the way. I to liked the batiks to make him, as the dark fabric looked liked scales.  ,I thought the white eyes were to plain. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 7:02 PM

Barbara

Pretty dragon.  You did a great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 9:23 PM

Nana,thank you ,it was fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 11:18 PM

Judy,

Once again you have outdid yourself with your HP !  You will dazzle the judges at the fair with the sheer beauty of  your amazing quilt. I see a ribbon in your future.

Congrats!

Marlene

Page 3 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use