Top 10 Posters

Don't know if I should be a member.....Having a pity party!

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,490
MizPat replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:59 AM

Count me in on the pity party. 

I had to frog an entire quilt back to three layers this weekend and that means I won't get to enter the Hoffman Challenge as planned.  It turned out that my backing was stretched too much, my batting had too much loft and the stabilizing stitching and the quilting just exagerated the problem with the backing.  I ended up with pleats and puckers everywhere, stitches that ran the gamut of lengths from OK to the microscopic ones that are murder to frog. 

Oh yeah, did I mention that my walking foot didn't do its job, just mashed the snot out of the quilt?  Ordered a new foot, will see if that makes a difference.  While I'm waiting for the foot to arrive, I'll redo the sandwich and try not to stretch the backing so tight this time. 

Enough pity, time to get off my fanny and DO!

Thanks for listening

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,490
MizPat replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 11:08 AM

Hi Tammy,

Prayers for your family.

Don't dwell on the fact that there is a history of stroke in your family, just trust in God to take care of you.  I share your concern, as both my grandmothers suffered multiple strokes in their later years, but I'm trusting in God that I can have a good life for whatever span He has allotted to me.

Vaya con Dios

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 9:55 AM

Margaret Weber:
not being able to find a job

My little tantrum is insignificant compared to you not having a job!!  I'm sorry because I'm belly aching when I'd rather see people who work hard have a good paying job!!!  Good luck and I hope it turns around for you soon!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Can I just say...you guys are ALL wonderful! Hey Tammy, get as much mileage out of your 'pity-party' as you can. You'll get sick of it soon enough, right? In the meanwhile, can I suggest that there's no such thing as a pity-party? There is such a thing as having too much on your plate to deal with and finally deciding that you cannot fix everything and asking for help and letting your friends be there for you! Sounds like that's what you've done and good for you! Take that time to lock yourself up in your sewing room and letting everyone know that you are finally taking care of yourself, instead of everyone else, NOW ! Before it gets bad again! Sounds like maybe you need to do this more on a regular basis! I think you've earned it, don't you? So.................. go take care of Tammy!

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use