Top 10 Posters

Don't know if I should be a member.....Having a pity party!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy Posted: Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:01 PM

Yes, that's me these days, having a pity party and I need a swift kick for doing so.  Can't seem to manage my time worth a crap, it's hot, and I'm crabby.  Honestly, what's with me anyway???  I've even let my correspondence with all of you lapse and I'm sorry for that. I would probably feel better about things in general if I would get on here once in a while and take part.  Between the irrigating ( which is endless this year with all the high temps), aches and pains, and running hither to yon,  my time just evades me. We have been going to the hospital the first of this last week also, as my hubby's sister had a series of mini-strokes on Monday.  Thanks to the good Lord, she has no paralysis on either side, but, her memory has been scrambled a bit and she is having much difficulty in speaking.  She is 54, just a year and a day older than myself.  I'm thinking that could have been me as I have a history of stroke on my side of the family also.  I know she'll be fine but there's always that little doubt.  Prayers would be greatly appreciated as her family is going to have a lot of adjustments to make since they've always depended on her to get things done.

Have been sorting through some of the things in my sewing room.  If I could keep sissy from throwing all the clothes she's outgrown in there maybe I'd be a little happier. Still am working on the T-shirt quilt for the niece.  Don't think I'll do another one as it's really not bringing me much enjoyment.  Have had trouble here and there as I've been doing it.  Enjoy doing the piecing and sewing to see what I'm going to end up with better. 

Will close for now.  Enough of my belly-aching.  One question though.  Does anyone have an anti-crabby pill or know of a source for one????  Heavens, I need a vacation!!!!  I'm beginning to sound like those Maxine cartoons!!!!

Happy Quilting Everyone!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 8:08 PM

Tammy, I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough patch.  Sounds like you might just go do something for you, whether it's watching your favorite movie, treating yourself to an outing or just taking a walk for fresh air - whatever you enjoy.  I hope your SIL is better soon & you enjoy finishing the t-shirt quilt.

(((hugs))) to you

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 8:30 PM

Thank-you, Eileen!!  Just feel some aggrevation these days.  I just need to get a different mind set going.  I just need to go to the sewing room and close the door and say," Momma's off limits!!! Today is my day!!!"   Think that would work???

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 8:39 PM

Sometimes life weighs heavy on you!  Honestly, quilting was my anti-crabby pill.  I started a quilt ministry and started to focus on others when my life started falling apart.  I could have easily spiraled out of control but chose to focus on making quilts for those worse off than myself and continually prayed fr direction, strength, and protection.  That was 1998 when I started this quilting focus and I can't begin to tell you the blessings I have received.  Focus on the positives and trust in God.  That is my prescription...tried and true.  You have so much to be thankful for...think about that instead of the negative things that will bring you down.  And lean on your friends...that's what they are in your life for.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:00 PM

Tammy, Jeanine is so right!!!  Pray, Pray, and focus on others or some project for others. It is amazing what will happen when all that negative energy is turned into something constructive and positive. Its ok to lean on your friends a little, too.  Will be praying for you.                 Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:05 PM

Tammy

It sounds like you definitely need a vacation.  I hope things will settle down for you soon.  Prayers for your SIL and her family.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:13 PM

Tammy I am sympathizing with you.  The heat really gets me down too. I haven't been doing half of the stuff I had planned to do this summer and this is dragging me down. I hope and pray that you will come out of your crabbiness mode stronger and more creative.  Spoil yourself, go out. Have coffee with a friend. Get a massage, a new haircut...anything that you think will make you feel better.  Most of all accept that it's ok to be crabby once in a while. And yes you can close the door to your sewing room and say today i amm not available for anyone. I'm on a personal quilting retreat!  Big hugs going your way.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:32 PM

Angele:
And yes you can close the door to your sewing room and say today i amm not available for anyone. I'm on a personal quilting retreat!

I was going to suggest coming to one of the QCA retreats to lift your spirits, but Angele has given you good advice, too.  I really dislike summer's heat, so instead of sweltering in the garden this year, I decided to heck with it, I'm going to spend the hot afternoons in my air-conditioned sewing room, and I'm enjoying it immensely and not giving a thought to the weeds in the garden.

Prayers going up for your family's health.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 11:08 AM

Tammy , girl I have been there ,life really sucks sometimes,  but you just need to say**  ENOUGH ** I'm taking some me time ,once a month I go to the nail salon and get a pedicure and  manicure ,they have different kinds of pedicures that massage your feet and legs ,and those wonderful chairs that give you a great massage and you come out feeling like a new woman, I highly recommend it . Don't tell anyone just go do it . Take a couple of hours and oh man you just can loose yourself having this done.   I'm really serious find a good salon and go ...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 12:01 PM

Everyone!!  Your advice has all been taken!!  I think I was so bottled up that I needed to vent!! Thank you for letting me do so.    When the time is right, be assured, I will up and leave and shut my cell off and make a day just for me to do "me" things!!  Again, THANK-YOU dear friends!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 6:18 PM

Tammy, I have the best anti crabby medicine for you and you just posted on it, THIS SITE!  Stick with us and have at least one daily dose and before you know it your crabby will go away, I promise.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 7:09 PM

tammy, you're allowed you own pity party once in a while,   we're here to listen. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 12:52 AM

Tammy,

Of course you should still be a member. I like seeing you pop in.

I agree with Gini. Pity party isn't so bad every now and then. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Tammy, pity parties are fine every once in awhile.  Everyone needs to vent a little and this is a great place to do it.  There are so many wonderful people here who listen and will help pick up your spirits.

I have been having my own pity party lately as this not being able to find a job is driving me crazy.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:59 AM

Margaret Weber:
I have been having my own pity party lately as this not being able to find a job is driving me crazy

Margaret, Have you considered, and applied to, Chirstian schools?

Sukochi

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use